Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

The Lakers are going to be hilarious this year. Buckle up hahaha

I kinda like that the Sixers are just gonna roll with their young core. Let's see what Fultz can do. If he reaches his potential then Embiid/Saric/Fultz/Simmons is good enough to win a championship (assuming all 4 reach their full potential). Nobody's beating Golden State this year anyway. Gotta load up for 2019.

I'm a Spurs fan so obviously was a big Kawhi fan and felt even with all the drama, Pop and him could work something out. But the more news and shit comes out about this situation, the more I want to see him gone and struggle in LA. Some of the stories coming out about him and his camp right now are ridiculous and something the NBA should really look into if any of it holds true.

Michael C. Wright, a Spurs ESPN writer, did a huge podcast about this situation and some of the stuff that he said was pretty ridiculous. Granted it is from an ESPN writer and it's probably not 100% correct but sure there is some truth to it. Here are a few tidbits;

On Aug. 8, the Spurs' organization let Kawhi's camp take complete control over Kawhi's rehab, team docs haven't seen him since. When team docs flew to NY to see him early this year, Kawhi's people purposely moved him to another building and gave the docs the run around.

Multiple times, Wright and another beatwriter, Jeff McDonald, compared Kawhi's uncle to Lavar Ball. Kawhi's uncle may not be as vocal or have the huge public image but he is manipulating Kawhi and is most likely the biggest snake behind all of this. The Spurs would get a call from Uncle Dennis saying "Kawhi wants this and that" but the Spurs would never know if it was really Kawhi's wishes or his Uncles. The uncle and Kawhi's manager are super tight and they want Kawhi in LA to cash in with huge endorsement deals and such.

It has never been outright said but it has been implied for a while now that Kawhi or his camp made his injury look much more severe than it actually was, so he could force his way to LA. Some reports have said they went to 6 or 7 different doctors before finding the one that would give the answer they wanted.

At this point, I would ship him out to LA and see how he handles one of the most passive aggressive teammates while playing in one of the most heavily scrutinized cities. No chance he handles that media scene well.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Would the Sixers be a bigger threat to the Warriors than Houston if they manage to get Kawhi?

Would the Sixers be a bigger threat to the Warriors than Houston if they manage to get Kawhi?

No. Too young. Too inexperienced. Too many inconsistent shooters.

Also, I think LAL beats the Warriors if they pair LeBron and Kawhi.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Lakers need some shooters... And I think it might take a little time for Lebron to get used to his role in the post. Not saying he will suck, but he's never been the best posting up -- even with his size.

I think there are a lot of players out there that could be had for the right offer. Jimmy Butler would be an awesome fit for the Sixers. Question is, what do you give up for the guy?

Why trade when you could be a hot FA destination next year?

The Lakers would not beat the current Warriors team, even with Leonard. The Lakers have no consistent outside shooters lol. The Warriors would wreck them easily.

So if LeBron couldn't win the first seed in the East despite playing a full season last year with the Cavs, will he even be in the playoffs next year with LA?

The Lakers are going to be hilarious this year. Buckle up hahaha

HSfFoRy.gif

we aren't gonna win anything next season but I'm still gonna troll because why not?

• Upvote 1

So if LeBron couldn't win the first seed in the East despite playing a full season last year with the Cavs, will he even be in the playoffs next year with LA?

Absolutely. I think they'll be the #3 or #4 seed, depending on how OKC does.

Assuming no major changes, they will make the playoffs just as a bottom half seed. The West is stacked and it's easy to assume that the Warrior and Rockets will take the top 2 seeds. Then you have the Jazz, Thunder, Spurs, Lakers, Blazers, Pelicans, Twolves, and Nuggets all battling it out for the other 6 seeds. With the potential of a surprise team like the Mavs becoming good again.

If they do trade for Kawhi or another big name player, it will be a different story and they could snag a top 3 seed.

It'd be kinda fun to see Lebron v. Warriors part 5 happen in the first round

Been watching highlights of the Twolves summer league action. I really hope Okogie and Bates-Diop get some changes this year. I know that it's the summer league, but they look like they have some potential. Just don't think that Thibs has ever been good at getting younger guys their playing time.

I kinda like what the Bulls are doing. Carter and Markannen are a nice duo. I think Parker could add a lot of scoring to the bench and I have always thought Lavine was a good player. He's had some shit luck with injuries but I think in the Bull's current position it could end up being a good gamble.

Trading for Kawhi is incredibly risky but absolutely the right move for the Raptors. DeRozan has been great for the city and he is a good guy but.. I think it's best for both to move on.

I have to question how much the Sixers really wanted Kawhi because they totally could have beat that in terms of trade compensation.

I have to question how much the Sixers really wanted Kawhi because they totally could have beat that in terms of trade compensation.

With who? Embiid? No other 76er is nearly as good as DeRozan

Kawhi completely tanked his trade value so I'm glad that the Spurs were able to get some good from him. Know a lot of the Spurs' fans were on the fence on whether we wanted another star or future assets for Kawhi. With Pop likely retiring within the next few years, it makes sense to acquire a player you can contend with over the next few seasons rather than build for the future. Nobody is beating the Warriors unless there is a major injury but the Spurs could be a top 3 seed now. Losing Danny Green hurts but he has steadily been declining on both ends of the floor and could just come back to SA next year when he's a FA. The Spurs did get a decent big in Poeltl as well, which is an undervalued addition since the only real center the Spurs had was an aging Pau Gasol.

I feel bad for the Raps though, giving up one of the best players in franchise history for having to deal with Kawhi's uncle and not being sure if Kawhi will even play.

Lmao. Toronto. Doesnt seem like a place Hed want to be but I could be wrong. I hope Im not though // this might just be getting good

For some reason, Cris Carter is pretty close to Kawhi's camp and he's saying Kawhi might not even show up for his physical, press conference, or answer phone calls. If this is true, Kawhi and his dumbass family should be blackballed from the league.

With who? Embiid? No other 76er is nearly as good as DeRozan

I was thinking Saric+Covingtion+2019 1st +2021 1st (unprotected from MIA). But that's only appealing if the Spurs want to do a little rebuild. I think, in getting DeRozan, they're saying they don't want to rebuild anything.

Yeah Pop is too old to want to do a full rebuild. DeRozan means they'll be competitive as long as Pop is there.