Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

For some reason, Cris Carter is pretty close to Kawhi's camp and he's saying Kawhi might not even show up for his physical, press conference, or answer phone calls. If this is true, Kawhi and his dumbass family should be blackballed from the league.

Assuming this is true .... this is exactly why I said I wouldnt trade some dried up dog shit for him.

Even when he is aFA .. you could sign him and all is good but some small think in the next week could piss him off. It could be the perfect situation or team that he wants and Id still be worried about that switch flipping

As a GM i would want no piece of this guy. Sucks because of the insane amount of talent . But his attitude and ego are untenable and a total non-starter

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Sixers would have probably given more in a sign and trade but idk, it's probably the right move to stand Pat with your your assets when everyone seems to be signing 1 year deals. They'll have their chance to land a star.

That Melo trade seems like a win-win. Atlanta may have really wanted to get rid of Schroeder but he can still contribute in OKC as long as he's fine being a backup. OKC still has to pay the huge luxury tax but at least it's on competitive players.

How does everybody feel about the way Toronto treated DeRozan?

Uhhh they suck. Not much else to say.

Also Michael Porter Jr just had his second back surgery.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

How does everybody feel about the way Toronto treated DeRozan?

It sucks for Derozan, but I think it was a smart trade by the Raptors. Loyalty ain't worth shit.

It sucks for Derozan, but I think it was a smart trade by the Raptors. Loyalty ain't worth shit.

I'd have thought they'd offer Lowry and JV paired up before they offered DeRozan. Toronto had Poeltl/Siakam and Vanvleet waiting to fill in those positions. The only reason they have a 2 guard now is because they got Danny Green, too.

I really, really, really like Toronto's roster right now. This group is going to be dangerous, and should win the East, imo.

I can't imagine the Spurs would've taken Lowry. He's a worse, older player who makes more money.

I can't imagine the Spurs would've taken Lowry. He's a worse, older player who makes more money.

Yeah I forgot about his contract. I was just thinking perhaps he'd be a good replacement for Parker and obviously an upgrade from Murray. I don't think there's too many years left on his contract, either.

I dunno. I'm oddly shaken by the trade, mainly how Toronto treated DeRozan. That was some awful shit. All they'd have had to do is communicate to him that they'd have to consider trading him if the right circumstances presented themselves.

And he's going to thrive in San Antonio. Greg Popovich will maximize him.

Edited by BwareDWare94

They should have Lavar model all the jerseys.

• Upvote 1

Just read that Jimmy Butler requested a trade. Not sure if it's true but in tandem with us signing (or potentially signing) Deng... 

I just don't understand Thibs. I don't think he's the coach for the Twolves and at this point I think they're going to need to nuke the core and start over. Hindsight is 20/20 but giving Wiggins a max contract was a massive mistake and one that will hold us back for years unless we find a way to get rid of it. Plus Thibs seems committed to not actually playing effective bench players. 

Thibs and Wiggins seem like weights holding the Twolves back from developing. They were never close to being contenders but I think those two exacerbate the difference. 

Goddamn. Wizards, Grizzlies, and Suns agreed to a trade. The main pieces wer Ariza to the wiz, Brooks to the Suns, and Oubre to the Grizzlies. 

Only problem: the Grizzlies have two players named Brooks. Dillon and Marshon. The Grizzlies thought it was Marshon and the Suns thought it was Dillon. Once they realized the confusion this became an irreconcilable hurdle and the deal was cancelled. 

I love the nba. 

• Upvote 1

Incidentally, the deal went through today with basically the same pieces only without the Grizzlies 

I like Oubre, but he’s probably just gonna be turned around and dealt again I would assume. 

Elton Brand is cashing in all the chips right now. He's managed to turn the assets the Sixers have stockpiled into 2 all Star caliber talents. IHe might not be done yet.