Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

The offseason is done. Be depressed about Hayward here.

• Upvote 1

Man that is one of the nastiest basketball injuries I've seen. Ware's is the only one worse I can think of.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Worse than Shaun Livingston? I haven't seen it yet.

edit, just watched....holy shit man. idk if it was as bad as the Livingston injury but it's up there. On a positive note for Boston, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum look pretty good.

hot take 1 of the season

GS

SA

DEN

your top 3 seeds in the west

Edited by seanbrock

Denver isn't even going to make the playoffs, man

I think Denver is gonna be pretty good, but not top 3. Houston sure looks legit after beating the Warriors though.

I don't think Denver is quite ready for a top 3 seed, could see them landing somewhere between 5-8 though. After Houston's impressive comeback last night, think they showed they could be a top 3 team in the West. Still not a fan of their mentality that they will just out shoot the opponent and not worry about defense, that will eventually catch up to them. The West should be fun this season. As for the East, the C's made nice comeback last night but I can't see them or anyone else beating LeBron and the Cavs.

Denver isn't even going to make the playoffs, man

Yeah uh, who exactly are we supposed to be afraid of on the Nuggets?

Yeah uh, who exactly are we supposed to be afraid of on the Nuggets?

Jokic is a great player and Millsap is really good too. Gary Harris looks solid as well. I'm not gonna say they're the 3rd seed because thats dumb, but I'd be surprised if they miss the playoffs.

Through preseason and through three games, Drummond has been statistically better from the FT line, which has been huge. He probably won't be that way forever, but, some improvement at the start of the season gives me hope.

Pistons wouldn't be a Detroit team if they didn't look good for their first couple of games before being down by 20 at the half to the 76ers...

Also Ben is such a matchup nightmare, guy just shoots over guards.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Phoenix fired Earl Watson. Doesn't make much sense.

Then this happened.

https://twitter.com/EBled2/status/922201984211369984

It isn't just Bledsoe, reading on the twittersphere... He didn't have the support of any of his players. He would preach at them, tried this us vs them kinda approach and they didn't give a shit. We need a coach who can develop all these young players -- and I haven't liked Bledsoe since he got here so I say good riddance to that loser when the time comes.

We don't have time to develop a head coach at the same time as our team.

Not sure if Fultz will get there, but Simmons and Embiid look like quite the duo if healthy.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if Fultz will get there, but Simmons and Embiid look like quite the duo if healthy.

He's hurt right now, which makes him look worse than he is, I think. But it's still going to take him years to reach his potential if he gets there.

Embiid shitting on Drummond :lol:

Liking the NBA more this year off of shit talk alone, need more of it!

He's hurt right now, which makes him look worse than he is, I think. But it's still going to take him years to reach his potential if he gets there.

He's also playing a new position. He went from having the ball all the time in High School and college and now he has to defer a lot to Simmons and Embiid. It's crazy how fast some people are willing to write this kid off.

So the Magic are off to a surprisingly hot 3-1 start that includes a blowout win in the King's castle. I'll enjoy this moment now until we inevitably come back down to Earth.

As much as it PAINS me to admit, Embiid owned Drummond the previous game.

But I am glad he's taking shots at Drummond. I've had it with this guy and how little he tries on defense/when the team is losing by a lot. Man's not hot. Smh

Shaky start for the Twolves. :think:

Edited by OSUViking

Still early in the season and all but the Spurs have been impressive thus far without Kawhi. LA had some pep talk with Pop and got his extension, so far to start the season he's been playing great. While Dejounte Murray is looking like a steal, forced into the starting PG role he has played pretty well even with a down game tonight. Should be interesting when Kawhi gets back.

I'm encouraged by what the Sixers have done so far. Yeah, their record sucks, but our schedule has been brutal, we've been competitive, and it feels good to not have a bottom-five roster anymore. Last night was a heartbreaker, though. :dry:

• Upvote 1

3 out of 5 of the Sixers starters haven't really played together and they're still easing Embiid back into things so he can get into better game shape. The Sixers will get rolling at some point this year and that train will not be easy to stop.