Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Will be interesting to see where LeBron goes this summer, there has to be 0 to very little chance he stays in Cleveland. It probably won't happen but imagine him in San Antonio with Pop, Kawhi, and LMA. He wouldn't have to play all 82 games and lead the league in mins ever again, and he would stand a strong chance of beating the Warriors and add another ring or 2 before retirement.

What about Minny with KAT and Butler

The Warriors win another, woo...

LeBron has to be fed up with Cleveland at this point and is for sure leaving. The only way him and the rest of the league will beat the Warriors, assuming KD re-signs, is if he joins some other stars.

I think his best shot at another ring or 2 before retiring would be with the Spurs but it would take a lot of cap maneuvering to have him, Kawhi, and LMA and not gut the entire team.

Philly is the 2nd best spot but can him and Simmons pair well together?

Houston is up there too but they need to re-sign CP3 and he supposedly wants the max so they have a lot to work out.

Know the Lakers are another name being thrown around but can't see them doing that well even with him and Paul George. Should be interesting to watch this offseason.

LeBron is fed up with Cleveland? Lol he's the one who wanted them to over pay a bunch of mediocre players which has tied their hands every off-season since.

As for him going to Philly, I think he could fit because both him and Simmons can dominate from the post and off the ball by cutting and all kinds of stuff. Plus if you have as many guys who can handle and pass the ball it can be hard to force team to take jumpers, especially with the size and athletic ability of those players.

I want Kawhi Leonard in Philly. He can play off the ball, shoot and create and he's the best wing defender in the game. You put him, Embiid and Simmons on the floor defensively and they have the ability to match any offense, including Golden State.

Edited by seanbrock

I don't think LeBron is Philly bound because the timing is a bit off.

LeBron is going to go somewhere with a shot to beat the Warriors next year. While I think the Sixers+LeBron could compete with the Warriors, I'm not sure they're ready yet. Embiid is a star, sure, but Simmons still has some developing to do, and nobody knows what Fultz will turn into. So I think the Sixers are at least a year from maxing out in terms of talent, so it's not the wisest move for LeBron.

I'm with Sean. Bring Kawai to Philly.

As for LeBron, I don't know where he goes. Houston makes the most sense because I think beating Golden State means you need LeBron+2 stars. Is there any way LeBron can lure Chris Paul to Cleveland? Maybe that could work.

Edited by SteVo

The big question is, will Lebron give up ball handling duties? I don't see that happening so it doesn't really make sense for CP3 to team with him. I would argue Philly should avoid that as well considering they have Simmons to do it. It is one thing to have stars but the team composition needs to make sense as well.

I think LeBron could benefit with pairing with a PG that means he can play off the ball (like Simmons or Paul). But it's up to him and, as you said, it's an important decision to make.

The only way Kawhi is traded is if the Spurs get a kings ransom for him back, otherwise they are content on letting him wait another year. All reports have shown that Pop and Kawhi are meeting very soon to see if they can work everything out and offer Kawhi the super max come July.

As for LeBron, he has always been tight with Pop and respected the way he runs a team. After making the finals 8 straight times and hardly missing a game throughout his career, all those minutes have to start taking a toll eventually. Pop would let him rest and not force him to play some ridiculous minutes ever again. He is also tight with Dejounte Murray who is already trying to recruit him. The Spurs would have to find a way to get rid of Pau Gasol, and then convince Danny Green and Rudy Gay to opt out of their contracts and sign cheaper deals to afford LeBron, but it is possible.

A lineup of Murray, Green, LeBron, Kawhi, and Aldridge could definitely beat the Warriors. The Spurs will lack a true center but that isn't really a necessity when facing the Warriors or Rockets.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Honestly after LeBron came out crying about the team he built saying they're not good enough I don't want him anywhere near my team. It's always bad to publicly bash your teammates but it's worse in LeBron's case. Fuck that guy. He will NEVER be as good as Jordan. That elimination game preformance he had was pathetic.

Honestly after LeBron came out crying about the team he built saying they're not good enough I don't want him anywhere near my team. It's always bad to publicly bash your teammates but it's worse in LeBron's case. Fuck that guy. He will NEVER be as good as Jordan. That elimination game preformance he had was pathetic.

Cause Jordan never bashed his teammates ever, right?

He didn't say anything like;

“I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don’t get you the ball.”

“We’re not winning because of talent. We’re just beating bad teams.”

“He can’t do anything with the ball. Don’t give it to him.”

"You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.”

“If I were a general manager, we’d be a better team.”

Or my personal favorite:

“You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can’t get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can’t even stick his **** into people and get more than that…Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward.”

If you want to bring up elimination game records or performances, LeBron easily outclasses Jordan in those. Jordan actually has a losing record in elim games, and lesser PPG than Bron. Jordan is still the GOAT obviously but trying to bring up that shit to discredit LeBron is weak.

You're also delusional if you seriously wouldn't want LeBron. Any fan should be ecstatic to have him. He is one of the few players that can instantly make a team a contender.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

LeBron is screwing Cleveland over pretty good. He is the one who publicly clamored for them re-signing Tristan Thompson and JR Smith to big deals, he was the one who clashed with Kyrie and led to him demanding a trade. Yes, the Cavs do not have the talent to win a title, but it's partly LeBron's fault they are in the position they are in. He's going to leave and the organization is going to be screwed. At least they got one title out of it though, but it's crazy to think that out of all the seasons he spend in Cleveland that organization only got one title out of it.

LeBron is screwing Cleveland over pretty good. He is the one who publicly clamored for them re-signing Tristan Thompson and JR Smith to big deals, he was the one who clashed with Kyrie and led to him demanding a trade. Yes, the Cavs do not have the talent to win a title, but it's partly LeBron's fault they are in the position they are in. He's going to leave and the organization is going to be screwed. At least they got one title out of it though, but it's crazy to think that out of all the seasons he spend in Cleveland that organization only got one title out of it.

Well the first time around they didn't build him a roster capable of winning a title. And it's Kyrie's own fault that his ego is so big he can't handle being the second guy even though the first option is the best player of this generation and arguably in league history. Kyrie will never be a top 5 NBA player, so what was the point of his needing to be the face of a franchise? He could have won titles, potentially built a dynasty with one of the best players this league has ever seen. Instead, he walked away from that for selfish reasons. If I was the Cavs, I'd have traded him to fucking Sacramento for this shit. They treated him better than he deserved. It's Kyrie Irving who has screwed the Cavs in the long run.

The Pistons have agreed to hire Dwane Casey for their head coaching position according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

It's a five-year deal that will keep Casey in Detroit through the 2022-23 season. Despite leading the Raptors to a 59-21 record and winning the Coach of the Year Award, Casey was fired just a few days after Toronto's playoff exit. Vince Ellis of the Detroit Press notes that Casey has a strong reputation for player development, so this hire could be good news for Stanley Johnson, Luke Kennard and Henry Ellenson. Ownership expects the Pistons to reach the playoffs in 2018-19, so hiring Casey was the right call.

Jordan says he wanted to be GM to build a better team. lebron is the GM and builds a trash heap.

3-6 Finals record and been swept twice ? That aint no King. Lmao :smug:

Never understood people that argue losing a Finals series is somehow worse than never making it there in the first place. People do it with SBs too and it also makes no sense there.

Michael Jordan was swept in the first round of the playoffs, is that better than getting swept in the Finals?

It's just an easy argument to make to discredit a player, and people love to discredit LeBron whenever possible. This Cavs team had no business being anywhere near the Finals but LeBron carried them there, but since they got swept that counts against him? Doesn't make much sense. Same with the 07 team that got swept by the Spurs. The only Finals loss you can really place on LeBron is 2011, he choked those Finals away to Dallas. It's fairly telling that in 9 Finals appearances, his team has only been favored twice.

• Upvote 1

I agree with people on the LeBron playing gm and then whining thing but...

Why are people giving him shit for getting swept by the most ridiculous team ever? All of the discredit being thrown around should be towards KD.

I agree with people on the LeBron playing gm and then whining thing but...

Why are people giving him shit for getting swept by the most ridiculous team ever? All of the discredit being thrown around should be towards KD.

Because.

People have been riding his nuts all year long and esp. during the Eastern Conference playoffs for hitting GW shots over mediocre at best teams.

Go to 7 Games with the Pacers?

Sweep the lolRaptors

Go to 7 with the Celtics without Kyrie, Hayward AND Smart?

Then proceed to get swept by the first competent opponent you face.

Not only that. The game where you DID have a chance and you did go to OT he clearly gave up. Too much wrapped in the honest mistake of a teammate, when you have a chance to still win the game.

The whole hand thing after game 4 is BS too, he's full of excuses.

Also. What's the deal with him not wanting to guard KD... instead making Kevin Love guard him when him and KD are more comparable in skill set and athleticism. He literally passed off KD to George Hill and Lebron stuck Curry at the end of game 3.

Are you kidding me?

He has no killer instinct, he has no balls and he has officially been defeated at his own game with the idea of perfecting superteams.

His legacy is nothing more than Peyton Manning. Great reg season performances, but subpar playoff performances when it matters.

• Downvote 1

Never understood people that argue losing a Finals series is somehow worse than never making it there in the first place. People do it with SBs too and it also makes no sense there.

Michael Jordan was swept in the first round of the playoffs, is that better than getting swept in the Finals?

In reality I don't think it really matters either way. Lebron wouldn't have a 3-6 Finals record if he played in Jordan's conference because it was a hell of a lot harder. Lebron has no competition in his conference, it's not exactly difficult to make it to the Finals. Then you play a good team, and look... well... not as good. It is the expected result, or should be anyway.

Conversely, LeBron has faced much better competition in the finals than Jordan.

• Upvote 2

Conversely, LeBron has faced much better competition in the finals than Jordan.

Totally. Which is why I say it doesn't really matter either way.

In reality I don't think it really matters either way. Lebron wouldn't have a 3-6 Finals record if he played in Jordan's conference because it was a hell of a lot harder. Lebron has no competition in his conference, it's not exactly difficult to make it to the Finals. Then you play a good team, and look... well... not as good. It is the expected result, or should be anyway.

There have been some really good teams in LeBron's way. At least over the past 3-5 years, he's just demolished pretty much everybody. Don't discredit his dominance.

LeBron has faced an inferior team twice in his Finals years. The other 7 times his team was significantly worse, imo. His team won twice against clearly superior opponents in the Spurs and Warriors.

Edited by BwareDWare94

There have been some really good teams in LeBron's way. At least over the past 3-5 years, he's just demolished pretty much everybody. Don't discredit his dominance.

LeBron has faced an inferior team twice in his Finals years. The other 7 times his team was significantly worse, imo. His team won twice against clearly superior opponents in the Spurs and Warriors.

Cut the BS

We all know the reason that LeBum stays in the East.

He wouldn't even of sniffed the Finals 50% of the time. He does his best to choose his competition and his teammates and still fails when it matters most.

Rockets, Warriors, Thunder, Pelicans this past year would've smashed him had he been in the West.

Could make the same case for previous years.

Meanwhile he's facing teams that shouldn't even be in the playoffs in the East.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol your hatred of him clearly gets in the way of an honest evaluation of him.

• Upvote 2

Because.

People have been riding his nuts all year long and esp. during the Eastern Conference playoffs for hitting GW shots over mediocre at best teams.

Go to 7 Games with the Pacers?

Sweep the lolRaptors

Go to 7 with the Celtics without Kyrie, Hayward AND Smart?

Then proceed to get swept by the first competent opponent you face.

Not only that. The game where you DID have a chance and you did go to OT he clearly gave up. Too much wrapped in the honest mistake of a teammate, when you have a chance to still win the game.

The whole hand thing after game 4 is BS too, he's full of excuses.

Also. What's the deal with him not wanting to guard KD... instead making Kevin Love guard him when him and KD are more comparable in skill set and athleticism. He literally passed off KD to George Hill and Lebron stuck Curry at the end of game 3.

Are you kidding me?

He has no killer instinct, he has no balls and he has officially been defeated at his own game with the idea of perfecting superteams.

His legacy is nothing more than Peyton Manning. Great reg season performances, but subpar playoff performances when it matters.

I do agree with you on the KD and super-team stuff but your last sentence is just...wrong, statistically. As for this years playoffs, we already knew coming in that the Cavs weren't that good but were good enough to go to the finals in the East solely because of Lebron. It is also pretty standard to not disclose injuries during a playoff series.

Honest mistake of a teammate is a pretty funny way to put it...it was a really dumb mistake and in that series the Cavs room for errors was slim. I would have been pissed too.

Edited by BJORN

I do agree with you on the KD and super-team stuff but your last sentence is just...wrong, statistically. As for this years playoffs, we already knew coming in that the Cavs weren't that good but were good enough to go to the finals in the East solely because of Lebron. It is also pretty standard to not disclose injuries during a playoff series.

Honest mistake of a teammate is a pretty funny way to put it...it was a really dumb mistake and in that series the Cavs room for errors was slim. I would have been pissed too.

Honest mistake of not hitting a free throw to win the game? George Hill is the reason why they lost that game and JR is just the scapegoat. Being pissed is one thing, quitting is another.