Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Was Sendejo's hit on Mike Wallace worthy of a suspension?

11 members have voted

1. 1. What should have happened to Sendejo for this hit?

• Suspension
    • Flag
    • Nothing

Is this hit worthy of a suspension?

Should he have been flagged?

Is it just football?

Edited by Thanatos

Bware is a complete and utter jackass lmao

Look at the replay of the hit at roughly 30 seconds in this video. Clear suspension. Sorry, the NFL blocked it but if you want the truth go here, 30 secs in.

He literally tried to avoid helmet to helmet and let up as he and Wallace collided. Y'all are acting like this was a headhunting scenario ala Brandon Meriwether. Sendejo has had far worse hits in his career. I for one think he's too much of a loose cannon. However, this play isn't nearly that bad and is actually a legal hit because it's shoulder to shoulder. People are overreacting to the helmet coming off...clearly it was on too loose or it never would have come off.

Suspend Sendejo for his hits that are actually egregious. This wasn't even worth a penalty. It doesn't matter because he's not that good, anyway. Anthony Harris or Jayron Kearse will be fine in his place

Edited by BwareDWare94

He goes low as Wallace is going down and plants his shoulder right into Wallace's helmet. I'm curious to see if anyone who isn't a Vikings fan thinks this hit doesn't at least justify a flag.

If you think this doesn't deserve a flag, you don't understand the defenseless receiver rule.

Clear as day that it deserves a flag and suspension. You keep saying he avoids helmet to helmet, but going low on a receiver going to the ground and nailing him in the head with your shoulder is the defenseless receiver rule to a tee. Do you seriously think its shoulder to shoulder? Last I checked, being hit in the shoulder doesn't cause a concussion.

As I said in the other thread, if it was Thielen or Diggs (or should I say Jeffery or Agholor now?) you would be crying for a multi-game suspension.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

BWare, the biggest issue I have with your argument is that it presumes the hit was necessary, all you're saying is that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I fully disagree with that assessment, Wallace was in the grasp of another defender (#29, I'm not sure who that is and don't care to look it up) and was going to the ground, there was absolutely no reason for Sendejo to get involved. He absolutely could have stopped running and Wallace would have gone down, instead he decided to run through Wallace.

Now, I said that was my biggest issue, but it's far from my only issue with your argument, I also don't think he did anything to avoid a hit or mitigate how bad it was going to be. As Wallace was going down Sendejo drops his shoulder and drives it into Wallace, sure he might not have been aiming for the head, but you've gotta know with Wallace falling that his head could end up in your path.

And seriously, what play are you watching? That was nowhere near shoulder to shoulder, the first contact was absolutely helmet to helmet.

I haven't been watching as much NFL lately, part of that is that I'm busier than I have been in years past, but part of it is that every game I watch seems to include at least one hit like this where I'm just cringing. The NFL does have a problem and it's this type of hit, which is why I absolutely think he needed to be suspended.

Edited by oochymp

Planting the shoulder or forearm into the helmet area is still a penalty. Sendejo was wise to avoid the head to head, and I do have the feeling he was just trying to jar the ball loose with a big hit, but the NFL calls that a penalty, and I think it was unnecessary roughness even though there wasn't much he could do outside of avoid hitting him entirely, but that goes against everything you should do as a defender. It's an unfortunate hit, but not one worth a suspension in my mind.

I'm fine with it. He was playing hard, trying to force a fumble. I don't think he hit him in the head like that intentionally. Shit happens fast on a football field.

It wasn't a first offense either, sure that probably comes into play to a certain extent. He was already fined for an unnecessary hit this season.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Bware is a complete and utter jackass lmao

Look at the replay of the hit at roughly 30 seconds in this video. Clear suspension. Sorry, the NFL blocked it but if you want the truth go here, 30 secs in.

Sorry, forgot to mention the replay at 30 seconds in CLEARLY shows that it is a helmet to helmet hit.

Reminds me of the hit Davante Adams took a few weeks back. Wallace is getting tackled. He's going to the ground. There is literally no point to even hit him at all, regardless if you think the hit was legal or not. Completely 100% unnecessary in every way. So I would stand behind a flag and suspension.

You can see him square up his shot and lower his shoulder to the head. He could have just used his hands. He could have stepped to the side. He could've gone lower (although risky to his teammate). But he clearly lined up to smoke Wallace.

Bad hit, totally unnecessary and 100% deserved a flag. I do not even remotely see how it's comparable to the Davante Adams hit.