Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Eagles get Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick

He seems like a player that really lets his emotions control him. Some huge highs but also lots of sub-par running. I havent watched the Eagles much but perhaps those highs were enough to get them excited

The Eagles have a lot of really strong veteran leadership in their locker room, so I'm betting that was a big part of the reason why they were willing to take that gamble. I think the team really has a lot of faith in Duce Staley. They sent him to coach one if the college all star games and he was one of the hold overs from the Chip regime. One if the things I really love about this team is they give former players a shot to break into coaching. Jeffrey Lurie is a good dude.

The Eagles have a lot of really strong veteran leadership in their locker room, so I'm betting that was a big part of the reason why they were willing to take that gamble. I think the team really has a lot of faith in Duce Staley. They sent him to coach one if the college all star games and he was one of the hold overs from the Chip regime. One if the things I really love about this team is they give former players a shot to break into coaching. Jeffrey Lurie is a good dude.

Good move that I think they'd have made regardless but the injury to Peters made it necessary. Gotta be more run-oriented for the rest of the year or at least until the line gels in pass protection

This makes the Eagles better and a 4th-round pick is great value, but some Eagles fans are acting like we signed Barry Sanders. Offensive line is still a major issue for this team.

Edited by SteVo

I'm not 100% convinced offensive line will be such a big issue honestly. They looked bad on a sloppy field in the rain, that's true but I think defensive line is probably the lone strength of the 49ers. They might struggle against Denver but they might have struggled against them WITH Peters. Running the football always helps mitigate pass blocking but so is a QB that is mobile and can identify blitzes. I'm not saying they won't miss Peters but it doesn't sink their ship necessarily. He's not Barry Sanders but looked like a for sure top ten RB last year.

This makes the Eagles better and a 4th-round pick is great value, but some Eagles fans are acting like we signed Barry Sanders. Offensive line is still a major issue for this team.

I think you're overreacting to one sub-par game after the loss of one of the best OTs of a generation. Just be happy your backup tackle is HVitai and not someone like TJ Clemmings

Even with the Eagles' injuries on their o-line, this is still a better line for Ajayi than what he had in Miami.

I'm not 100% convinced offensive line will be such a big issue honestly. They looked bad on a sloppy field in the rain, that's true but I think defensive line is probably the lone strength of the 49ers. They might struggle against Denver but they might have struggled against them WITH Peters. Running the football always helps mitigate pass blocking but so is a QB that is mobile and can identify blitzes. I'm not saying they won't miss Peters but it doesn't sink their ship necessarily. He's not Barry Sanders but looked like a for sure top ten RB last year.

He wasn't a top ten 10 RB. He got the majority of his yards in 4 games, outside of those 4 games he wasn't anything special. So far this season, he hasn't done much.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

He's not Barry Sanders but he's better than the Garbage behind Blount

I actually like Clement as a 3rd RB. He's a willing pass protector and the catch he made in the back of the end zone against Washington was awesome. He also contributes on special teams in a lot of different ways.

As for Ajayi I was reading that he's first in forced missed tackles and 3rd in contact behind the line. The Dolphins have been a mess on offense this year.

I actually like Clement as a 3rd RB. He's a willing pass protector and the catch he made in the back of the end zone against Washington was awesome. He also contributes on special teams in a lot of different ways.

As for Ajayi I was reading that he's first in forced missed tackles and 3rd in contact behind the line. The Dolphins have been a mess on offense this year.

He's better than Wendall Smallwood. Lot of Eagles fans like Wendall for some odd reason

He's better than Wendall Smallwood. Lot of Eagles fans like Wendall for some odd reason

Even though he doesn't like you. :lol:

13087326_1000763396686708_71077361000952

• Upvote 2

Even though he doesn't like you. :lol:13087326_1000763396686708_71077361000952

Good feelings mutual , dude is straight garbage , glad he lost playing time to Clement the future of Eagles RBs Jaytrain and Corey Clement