Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Kelvin Benjamin to the Bills

What the fuck is Carolina doing?

Rolling with the Funchess?

Wouldn't it have been easier for the Bills to just keep Watkins?

Edited by Vin

Nah, KB is much better than Watkins

Nah, KB is much better than Watkins

Not at all, but its not like we used the assets we got from trading Watkings to get Benjamin. EJ Gaines + 2nd >>> 3rd + 7th.

Yeah, KB is better than Watkins lol. Watkins is the definition of inconsistent and is a locker-room problem, to boot. You're lucky to be shot of him.

KB is a great WR who has just been injury prone. He does tend to run soft routes sometimes, and was playing incredibly lazy last year as I mentioned. This year though he was clearly the #1 target and Devin Funcess is not able to be a #1 WR. This move is giving up on on any shot at a playoff run this year. Be surprised if Carolina beats any decent team left on their schedule, tbh.

In short, this is a stupid fucking move and Marty Hurney can go fuck himself.

We have nobody on offense for Cam to throw to with Olsen and KB out. Just absolutely asinine.

Edited by Thanatos

Great is stretching it... You don't trade your great 1st round pick who is still in his first contract away for a 3rd rounder and a pity 7th rounder. But he is definitely the best WR of these two teams... Even though I am not the biggest fan of KB, I don't really understand this from the Panthers stand point other than maybe they have little cap room and weren't going to commit money to him in the off season anyway? Which I can understand if you have decent depth, but when you are looking at a loser like Funchess, you kinda leave me a bit puzzled.

I wonder how Cam is handling this.

We have no run game, so let's trade away the only legit threat in the passing game while Greg Olsen is still hurt.

"This allows us to put more speed on the field." And why the fuck couldn't you do that with Benjamin in the lineup? Good lord this screams to me they think the issue is not taking enough deep shots.

Which is kind of funny because even if they aren't an every game thing, KB caught 5 of 7 bombs thrown his way for nearly 200 yards and 2 scores. Seemed to be working pretty well, speed or not. lol

I can DEFINITELY understand why they'd want to move on from Kelvin Benjamin, but why not do it in the offseason when you can replace him?

He is in his fifth year and playing on the option the Panthers picked up. He will be an UFA next season, so the benefit seems to be a 7th rounder and getting the 3rd round pick a year earlier than they would have gotten their comp pick for him.

Honestly, if they're going to make this trade in the middle of the season fighting for a division title they might as well trade Cam too. They're basically throwing in the towel for this year when it doesn't look like there are any elite teams in the league and they have an MVP at QB. The only team you could really argue as being elite record wise, they lost to by 5 points. If you don't think you can win the Super Bowl this year or your division, then you might as well just scrap the whole thing and get a bunch of draft picks.

Bills get a guy that can move the chains and a better RZ threat than Andre Holmes.

Benjamin, Holmes, Zay, Clay, Shady is a matchup nightmare.

He is in his fifth year and playing on the option the Panthers picked up. He will be an UFA next season, so the benefit seems to be a 7th rounder and getting the 3rd round pick a year earlier than they would have gotten their comp pick for him.

He's in his fourth year actually, would have been signed through 2018 with the 5th year option.