Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Week 9 Reaction

Carson Wentz and Alshon Jeffery found their groove...against one of the best CB tandems in league history. Go figure.

lolFalcons. I mean, seriously, this team is loaded offensively and they're struggling to score.

Ravens need a reboot.

That Rams offense is incredible. I don't know if it's sustainable, but it's incredible.

The Cowboys are gelling at the right time. They've got a muderer's row schedule coming up, but let's see what they make of it.

When was the last time the Seahawks defense failed so badly at the end of a game? Burnt twice by two unproven receivers, to boot.

AP had 37 carries yesterday. They can feed him that much on Thursday, too, and watch him fumble at the most awful time.

Would the Raiders make up their damn minds? Be good or bad already.

A lot of fighting this weekend. Can't we all just get along?

The Giants are hitting rock bottom, and the Bucs aren't far behind.

The Saints are for real, and the NFC South looks like a fun division again.

A lot of fighting this weekend. Can't we all just get along?

The Giants are hitting rock bottom, and the Bucs aren't far behind.

The Saints are for real, and the NFC South looks like a fun division again.

Saints vs Eagles in the playoffs is going to be fun

Hold thy horses. We're not at the point where we can predict playoff matchups yet. A Dallas win in two weeks and the NFC East is a horse race, and the Saints are in an even tighter race in the South.

The AFC is wide open...

Every team has a chance besides the Browns.

Someone is going to make a run, but I have no idea who. Teams with top rushing attacks like Jax, Dal, KC, Rams, NO... are really driving the league.

The return of the RB is imminent.

Your top WR's like Julio, Hopkins, Green, Brown... they can make as much money as they want... but at the end of the day it's the RB that makes offenses more efficient.

• Upvote 1

Someone is going to make a run, but I have no idea who. Teams with top rushing attacks like Jax, Dal, KC, Rams, NO... are really driving the league.

The return of the RB is imminent.

Your top WR's like Julio, Hopkins, Green, Brown... they can make as much money as they want... but at the end of the day it's the RB that makes offenses more efficient.

I don't know if we're about to go back to the Adrian Peterson/LaDanian Tomlinson days where teams anchor their offense around a back that gets 25+ carries per game, but I think you're on to something here.

All the WRs you mentioned, plus Beckham, Evans, and Dez...all those guys have zero Super Bowls combined. I still think it's a pass-first game, but the concept of the elite WR has been overrated for a while now. You don't win championships with an elite receiver carrying your offense; you win championships with depth at receiver, with multiple threats that can create mismatches in almost any formation.

Phil 2016: Patriots won't make it to the SB much less win it. Trust me guys I know its staged.

Also Phil 2016: SB will be Colts vs Vikings.

Phil 2017: Pitt will 100% be in the conf finals game. Why don't you guys trust me?

Also Phil 2017: SB will be Cards vs Pitt, why don't you trust me?? Its staged guys Im so good at predicting things.

Fucking liar, lol. You said prior to this season the Rams wouldn't be any good this year lmao.

Whether or not you got other things right with your style of "throw enough shit at the wall and only look at the stuff that sticks" you still got your SB prediction completely wrong.

So once again we don't give a shit about your SB prediction because you have proven to be incorrect. Why would we listen to you this year when you were 100% utterly wrong last year? Even if its staged, you clearly don't have a fucking clue in what way its staged.

Just sit back and quit being a moron and trying to predict the unpredictable.

Time for Green Bay to clean house. Thompson should retire and give the reigns to Wolf. Let him hire his own staff and do some roster trimming. McCarthy is making it pretty damn clear that he relies on Rodgers and can't call his way out of a wet cardboard box. While Capers should have been out of this league years ago. Guys like Matthews should not be making over $10 mill a year. Find a stud OLB in the draft, should be drafting at fairly good position at this rate. With these moves, Green Bay would be right back in it.

Definitely need a new DC. MCCarthy has proven that he cant call an offense for anyone but Rodgers, but heoreticallt we should have Rodgers most of the time so I am not dead set on him dying ... er... leaving. We have too many solid to good players on defense for the unit as a whole to suck that much. Do need another legit pass rusher tho. Clay Matthews is hot garbage. Too often do I hear announcers exclaim its like the offense knew Dom capers play call ! ... yeah, because they probably do.

Maybe Im just spiked, but watching this team flounder around like they are the Browns is frickin painful

The only big problem I see is if Thompson decides to stay through his contract, after 2018, or retires now. I can't see Ted hiring a new DC for his last year, so either he retires and lets Wolf take over, we're stuck with Capers for another year, or maybe fire Capers and promote Winston Moss. Then comes the matter whether or not we stick with a 3-4 and target someone that runs a 3-4 or go after the multiple DCs that run 4-3s.

As for McCarthy, last night put the nail in the coffin for me. Yes, his offense works with Aaron Rodgers but with all the talent on the offense, they should have been fielding one of the best offenses which wasn't happening the first 5 games. Aaron Jones rushed for over 100 yards against the Cowboys and Saints. Going against the Lions he only receives 5 attempts? Ya his pass pro is weak but c'mon he has to touch the ball more. With Hundley making his 2nd start we only run the ball 13 times, 17 if you want to count Hundley's attempts. The 1st drive of the 2nd half sealed the deal though. First play is PA comeback route to Nelson that works perfectly, get to midfield. Then incomplete pass, failed screen pass, pass short of the sticks, and on 4th down run a jet sweep to Cobb. Really? Not a single rushing attempt until a stupid jet sweep. Pathetic, dude needs to go.

Yeah, I often wonder what a real coach could do with Aaron Rodgers and the offense. But it makes me think about how... Not good it could be too. I mean, Aaron will be Aaron -- but if he doesn't like the new coach or the scheme, who knows.

Also, Bulaga tore his ACL -- figures.

#Packers CB Damarious Randall on the defense: “We just shitted the bed. Point blank. Period.”

Well, he isn't wrong. LMAO

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I hate to tell you guys but the coach can't turn Brett Hundley into a good quarterback. Without Rodgers you just flat out aren't very good

I hate to tell you guys but the coach can't turn Brett Hundley into a good quarterback. Without Rodgers you just flat out aren't very good

Hard to fill the shoes of Aaron Rodgers...

Nobody can. That man is a legend.

You can't really say if Hundley is a good QB or not with how limited McCarthy is calling the offense. Even if he isn't, if teams can find ways to win with guys like Glennon, Hoyer, Keenum, Savage, McCown, and so on then McCarthy should be able to find a way to win with Hundley as well. Especially considering the pieces around him. I believe its fairly easy to say that Packers have a lot more offensive talent than a team like the Jets.

I don't think anyone was expecting Hundley to carries us to the playoffs by any matter, but to think he could squeak a few wins out and let Rodgers return in mid December and win the last few games for a playoff berth wasn't unreasonable. But after having 15 days to prepare you come out and shit the bed like that. No excuses.

The offense simply isn't the same with Hundley, but not in a good way, if that makes sense. McCarthy is over compensating for losing Rodgers by having Hundley throw all these short dinky little routes. Out of his first 10 pass attempts, the longest throw was like 4 yards beyond the LoS. That's insane.

I would feel better taking the training wheels off and having Hundley blow ass than doing what we are doing right now and trying to play safe.

Right now the Packers are trying to play to not lose -- and it obviously isn't working. It never works.

As Herm Edwards said, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I mean, that Lions secondary is nasty. Hundley wasn't going to throw on Slay or Quin. Not gonna happen. They won't win a single division game with him at QB. The season is over.

TIL a secondary ranked 27th in pass defense is nasty. There are plenty of players to exploit on that defense, Adams was beating Hayden routinely. And of course you aren't going to beat Slay when he's allowed to hold Nelson constantly.

If we're gonna suck either way, I would rather suck putting up a damn fight.

Lions have two above average defenders on the back end in Quinn and Slay...

Ngata, Robinson, and my NIGERGIAN BROTHER ANSAH make their jobs a lot more bearable... with Whitehead and Jarrad Davis playing cleanup.

But saying that secondary is nasty is a joke when you have bumass DJ Hayden roaming back their... and even then their front 7 makes him look competent.