Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Pats @ Broncos

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20171112007&home=7&vis=17

(TSX / STATS) -- DENVER -- As the Denver Broncos head into Sunday night's game against the New England Patriots, they're trying to pull out of a tailspin.

They switched quarterbacks, they are struggling with injuries all along their offensive line and they only averaged a little more than 10 points per game during a four-game losing streak that has dropped their record to 3-5 at the season's midway point.

"Definitely sick and tired of losing," Broncos running back C.J. Anderson said. "There's a sense of urgency. We know what time it is. We have a chance to do something special.

"We have a chance to do something really special that only us in that locker room believe we can do. That's where it starts. If everyone can change their minds ... to believe that we can do it, we can definitely make it happen.

"We have the players to do it. We have the roster to do it. It's not like it can't be done or it will never be done. It's been done before with a lot of other teams with a lot less talent. We have the talent."

But they face a daunting challenge in trying to pull off a turnaround of their season against New England (6-2), which has won 11 straight road games in addition to having extra preparation time because it is coming off its bye.

Coach Vance Joseph said the Broncos are going to have to be ready for the Patriots mentally as well as physically.

"When you're playing the Patriots, you have to have a great week of detail," Joseph said. "It's a smart team. It's a detailed team. They play with great focus and detail, I should say. We have to match that.

"If our football IQ is not high enough to match it, we cannot beat this team. It's about us and doing what we do, but also about matching the Patriots football IQ because it's high."

The Broncos and Patriots are meeting for the seventh straight year in the regular season. New England has a 5-1 edge, with the only Denver win in 2015, when the Broncos advanced to the Super Bowl and beat Carolina.

Brock Osweiler was under center for the lone Broncos' victory in that span, and after a meandering journey with stops at two teams, he'll be back as the quarterback on Sunday night, making his second consecutive start since replacing struggling Trevor Siemian.

A win against a formidable team like the Patriots could go a long way toward salvaging the Broncos' season, Osweiler added.

"It is the perfect opponent," he said. "I think any time you find yourself in a losing streak like this and not playing good football, you want to play a great opponent because if you can go out there and play a good football game and find a way to get a win, it's going to create a ton of momentum for your football team."

A reshuffled offensive line could complicate matters, though.

The Broncos lost right tackle Menelik Watson to a season-ending calf injury earlier this week and Donald Stephenson, one of the candidates to replace him, just returned to practice this week in limited fashion after missing several games with a calf injury of his own. Allen Barbre and Elijah Wilkinson also are being considered as possible replacements for Watson.

Meanwhile, right guard Ron Leary (elbow) and center Matt Paradis (back) missed practice time this week and their availability remains in question.

All things considered, this still might be one of the best chances for the Denver offense to show some signs of life, considering New England is giving up an average of 417 yards per game, most in the league.

Coach Bill Belichick said the Patriots' defensive issues are being addressed.

"We're just trying to improve every week -- fundamentals, overall execution and techniques," he said. "We're trying to coach better. Just a lot of little things, probably."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said the Broncos' defense can't be overlooked. Denver has the league's second-ranked defense, though it was overrun in last week's loss to the Eagles, hurt by two offensive turnovers that set up short fields for Philadelphia.

"There's little margin for error when you go out there," Brady said. "They have a great defense. They have great players on both sides of the ball. You can't go out there and make a bunch of mistakes and expect to win."

Brady may be without one of his key wide receivers. Chris Hogan (shoulder) missed practice time this week. Also missing time on the practice field or taking part on a limited basis were defensive tackle Malcom Brown (ankle), tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle) and cornerback Stephen Gilmore (concussion).

This game seemed a lot better a few weeks ago. :welp:

It would be hilarious if Brady and the Pats went to Milehigh and Rock Lobster handed them an L. I'm rooting for the Broncos in this one but it's gonna be tough lol. I will say this though, the Broncos defense just got a 50 burger dropped on them and they're going to be playing pissed off. There's a lot of pride with that group and they're going to be out there looking to prove a point at the expense of the Patriots but man that's going to be a tough task with Osweiler as the QB. They better hope they can get that running game going and what's the one thing Belichick is going to try and make sure doesn't happen? lol

Brock beat 'em in '15. Hopefully we'll get a repeat performance.

The defense and CJ Anderson beat em in '15. Brockweiler had almost nothing to do with it

Brady injury is what I'm looking for.

Man go fuck yourself. That's over the line.

You know nothing about how an achilles injury works, you fucking imbecile. It's not fake and people really get hurt.

My dad tore his achilles tendon to shreds. He required major surgery to put it back together.

Wanna know it was so bad? He tore it in the first half of a high school game and the finished playing the rest of the game on a torn achilles.

Nice try though, fucker.

ITT: PE again talks shit about something he knows nothing about.

Edited by Thanatos

Lol you wish, child. Until you realize sports is staged,I am in fact the most intelligent sports fan on this forum.

Where did I say real injuries don't happen? When you sell your soul for a million bucks and they tell you,you'll be injured..you go do it for the money.

You have a childish view of the real world. You don't know shit about most injuries either...and you happen to be the guy who questioned him walking on it..use your brain, not your childish intellect. Think like a man. The more money involved,the shader it is. Grow up and stop believing in Santa.

Again,I still don't see any proof from you I'm wrong..a your capable of us insults with nothing but belief you are right.you don't walk around with your shoe on if you busted your Achilles.

1989309633-niggawhat.jpg

You are a complete fucking idiot.

I prove that someone can in fact walk on a torn achilles and somehow that proves your point that people can't walk on a torn achilles?

You are a classic case of using the "moving the goalposts" fallacy. First you claim people don't walk on an achilles tear. I prove you wrong. You then say, "Oh well he was just on the sidelines telling someone his achilles was torn making sure the camera could see him, so somehow that proves it was faked."

I can't prove its real? Yeah, because you won't accept anything as proof. There's literally nothing I could do to prove to you how insane you are except fly to wherever he is and take a picture of his leg as he goes under the knife, and even then you'd probably claim that it was still faked he was just doing surgery to help reinforce the narrative.

How about this: You can't prove its faked. Burden of proof is on you, son, you're the one who has the ridiculous conspiracy theory as your starting point.

Critical thought? Lmao, son, you don't have an ounce of critical thought in your whole body. You don't know how to debate, you don't even know how to think. Honestly if you were related to me I'd do my best to get you checked out by a mental health professional, because you are just so incredibly stupid it makes me believe there might be something mentally wrong with you.

Edited by Thanatos

First of all, Sherman could have easily walked on a ruptured achilles. It's the completely torn achilles that you can't do anything on. Those are awful, pain wise

Skull fucking the Broncos in Denver...

yes-rudy1.gif

And Thanatos, have you ever considered throwing your computer out of the window? You're almost 30 years old constantly getting riled up over trolling with zero effort. Simmer down, snowflake.

Phil, have you ever considered paying up on a bet you continue to welch out on, which makes you a gigantic fucking hypocrite? Your opinion means less than PE's to me.

We have too many Phils.

The Broncos have too many Brock Osweilers

• Upvote 2

Phil, have you ever considered paying up on a bet you continue to welch out on, which makes you a gigantic fucking hypocrite? Your opinion means less than PE's to me.

I've said it like five times, Blots will get his money on Hanukkah. I'll screenshot the receipt and then you, Cherry and whoever else can wipe the blood off your vaginas. And I don't really give a shit if my opinion ''means less'' than PE's lol. I don't care.

When you lose a bet you don't get to wait four months to pay it, especially after demanding anyone who lost to you pay up immediately.

When you lose a bet you don't get to wait four months to pay it, especially after demanding anyone who lost to you pay up immediately.

Simmer down, internet injustice warrior.