Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Bills are trash

Nothing new though, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Tyrod Taylor has been benched as the Bills' starting quarterback in favor of fifth-round rookie Nathan Peterman.

This comes four days after Taylor went 9-of-18 for just 56 yards in an embarrassing Week 10 home loss to the Saints. Peterman came in for mop-up work late, going 7-of-10 for 79 yards and a touchdown, and coach Sean McDermott is now rolling with his handpicked guy. Taylor is a holdover from ex-coach Rex Ryan and may have played his final snap for the Bills. Due a $10 million salary and $6 million roster bonus next year, Taylor is an offseason cut candidate.

Coach Sean McDermott announced rookie Nathan Peterman will start Week 11 against the Chargers.

"We were made to be more than 5-4, and I've come here to be more than 5-4," McDermott said. "Really, it's about becoming a better team. Every position is evaluated and that's the direction I decided to go." Taylor and the entire offense is coming off a horrendous Week 10 against the Saints, but that was his first bad game at home. Peterman came in late for mop-up work, playing his first 11 snaps of the season. He went 7-of-10 for 79 yards and a score and was handpicked by McDermott and the new regime as a fifth-rounder. He had a nondescript preseason. His first NFL start will be on the road in L.A. against the Bolts. The offense will continue to run through LeSean McCoy.

:notbad:

lmfao...

Stupid. Taylor is one if of their best players

Its like the Bills flipped the shit switch to on. Seemingly happened so quick. They were good, now they arent.

lmao Nathan Peterman. Dude was barely a game manager in college(and far worse than that at UT).

Its like the Bills flipped the shit switch to on. Seemingly happened so quick. They were good, now they arent.

It's what we do.

I am in part angry at this because this moves the Padres further up on the list of playoff droughts but awesome for Buffalo, definitely one of the best fanbases in the league IMO.

• Upvote 1

Early October if the gestation period lasts the proper 40 weeks.

• Upvote 1

Sean McDermott deserves a lot of praise. I honestly thought the Bills would be lucky to win more than 4 games going in and instead they break their epic playoff drought. Congrats to them and their fans.

• Upvote 2

Sean McDermott deserves a lot of praise. I honestly thought the Bills would be lucky to win more than 4 games going in and instead they break their epic playoff drought. Congrats to them and their fans.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

^ That's been forgiven in Buffalo fr over 24 hours now.

After watching the Bills I can see why they don't love having Taylor as their starter. As a decision maker he's just not very good despite the low interceptions. It's pretty crazy to think that Nate Peterman of all people was the answer to that though lol.

• Upvote 1

Not to shit on the Bills after snapping the streak, but ESPN linked to a story calling this one of the worst Bills teams of the 2000s but this team has been luckier

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I actually agree with Sean and said at the time I did not have an issue with starting Peterman. I mean if your only goal is to get to the playoffs, then yeah it was dumb, but if you wanted to see if you had a potential starting QB on the roster, go for it.

And its not like LAC rolls over if Tyrod plays either. Bet you 10 to 1 the Bills lose that game no matter who is at QB.

• Upvote 2

Not to shit on the Bills after snapping the streak, but ESPN linked to a story calling this one of the worst Bills teams of the 2000s but this team has been luckier

The difference with this team is they won the key games down the stretch against shit opponents (Indy/Miami). Like the 2014 Bills went 9-7 as well but lost to a 3-13 Raiders team in Week 16.

I actually agree with Sean and said at the time I did not have an issue with starting Peterman. I mean if your only goal is to get to the playoffs, then yeah it was dumb, but if you wanted to see if you had a potential starting QB on the roster, go for it.

As long as you have a shot at the playoffs that should be your only goal, once you're eliminated then you can make long range moves
  • Upvote 1

As long as you have a shot at the playoffs that should be your only goal, once you're eliminated then you can make long range moves

But who is to say that they weren't? Maybe they thought the only way to get more out of Tyrod was to bench him a week and make him feel it. Maybe they thought Nate had it in him.