#21 Sarge

Sarge

Need a will? Call McGill!

• Elite Prime+
  • 23,331 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State
  • NFL Team: Steelers

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

^ That's been forgiven in Buffalo fr over 24 hours now. 

J6OARNm.jpg

Thanks, DMac!

#22 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 15,503 posts
  • NFL Team: Eagles

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

After watching the Bills I can see why they don't love having Taylor as their starter. As a decision maker he's just not very good despite the low interceptions. It's pretty crazy to think that Nate Peterman of all people was the answer to that though lol.

#23 JetsFan4Life

JetsFan4Life

We In Here

• Members
  • 5,074 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Buffalo Bulls
  • NFL Team: Jets

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

POPULAR

After watching the Bills I can see why they don't love having Taylor as their starter. As a decision maker he's just not very good despite the low interceptions. It's pretty crazy to think that Nate Peterman of all people was the answer to that though lol.

See Sean, you understand what the national media doesn't because they don't watch the Bills.  The stats say Tyrod is decent because he takes care of the ball which he does. But he doesn't move the ball either.  Look where the Bills rank in passing statistics...in the 20's, hell even in the 30's in some categories.  For a few years the excuse is he didn't have the weapons but now we see Woods doing well in LA and Goodwin doing well in SF now that he has a QB.

I don't think it was a Peterman is the answer deal as a "Let's see what we have because we know what Tyrod is and that's not changing."  The dude threw for 65 yards the week before.  65 YARDS!  Name me another good QB that threw for 65 yards this season?  You deserve to lose your starting job for a week after that.

Now they can look back and say "Okay we know the future QB of the Bills isn't on this roster."

jetsfan4life.png

#24 Olenna4Ever

Olenna4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 45,607 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Not to shit on the Bills after snapping the streak, but ESPN linked to a story calling this one of the worst Bills teams of the 2000s but this team has been luckier

Edited by Olenna4Ever, 05 January 2018 - 12:38 PM.

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

knowledge.

#25 Thanatos

Thanatos

LUUUUKE

• Members
  • 10,105 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Auburn, Clemson, Louisville
  • NFL Team: Panthers

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

I actually agree with Sean and said at the time I did not have an issue with starting Peterman. I mean if your only goal is to get to the playoffs, then yeah it was dumb, but if you wanted to see if you had a potential starting QB on the roster, go for it.

And its not like LAC rolls over if Tyrod plays either. Bet you 10 to 1 the Bills lose that game no matter who is at QB.

Warning, Opinions may be included.

Tv866is.jpg

#26 PhilElliot

PhilElliot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • NFL Team: Rams

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

I expected Bills to make playoffs last year. They got new owners in 2014. They'll be making the playoffs now, a few times over the next 10 years.maybe like the Bengals and Texans, one and done's, lately

#27 JetsFan4Life

JetsFan4Life

We In Here

• Members
  • 5,074 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Buffalo Bulls
  • NFL Team: Jets

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Not to shit on the Bills after snapping the streak, but ESPN linked to a story calling this one of the worst Bills teams of the 2000s but this team has been luckier

The difference with this team is they won the key games down the stretch against shit opponents (Indy/Miami).  Like the 2014 Bills went 9-7 as well but lost to a 3-13 Raiders team in Week 16.

jetsfan4life.png

#28 oochymp

oochymp

RIP Exotic Smashmouth

• Elite Members
  • 16,402 posts
  • NFL Team: Titans

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

I actually agree with Sean and said at the time I did not have an issue with starting Peterman. I mean if your only goal is to get to the playoffs, then yeah it was dumb, but if you wanted to see if you had a potential starting QB on the roster, go for it.

As long as you have a shot at the playoffs that should be your only goal, once you're eliminated then you can make long range moves

TITANS: 9-7 Capitals: 28-14-3 (59 points)

Titans Postseason ('17-18): Divisional Round Capitals Postseason ('16-17): Don't Care

.brett-connolly-caps-bench-celebrates-960.

"They don't got pictures on the scorecards"

#29 Zack_of_Steel

Zack_of_Steel

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators+
  • 14,881 posts
  • NFL Team: Steelers

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

As long as you have a shot at the playoffs that should be your only goal, once you're eliminated then you can make long range moves

But who is to say that they weren't? Maybe they thought the only way to get more out of Tyrod was to bench him a week and make him feel it. Maybe they thought Nate had it in him.

aq2ObKS.png

Cry me a river and I'll piss you a puddle, 'cause either I don't give a fuck or my compassion's too subtle.

Spoiler

#30 oochymp

oochymp

RIP Exotic Smashmouth

• Elite Members
  • 16,402 posts
  • NFL Team: Titans

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

But who is to say that they weren't? Maybe they thought the only way to get more out of Tyrod was to bench him a week and make him feel it. Maybe they thought Nate had it in him.

There may be something to that, but I was responding to the idea that it makes sense for a team to look at what they have for next season while they're still in the playoff hunt. I can see the argument that sitting him could light a fire under him, though I disagree with it, but it's not the argument I was addressing there. I disagree with it because I don't think you can afford to handicap yourself that much even for a single game in the NFL.

TITANS: 9-7 Capitals: 28-14-3 (59 points)

Titans Postseason ('17-18): Divisional Round Capitals Postseason ('16-17): Don't Care

.brett-connolly-caps-bench-celebrates-960.

"They don't got pictures on the scorecards"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users