Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Net Neutrality

How many times do the american people have to fight for net neutrality before congress fucking gets it?

How many times do the american people have to fight for net neutrality before congress fucking gets it?

As long as it takes for the democrats to be in charge since that was one of the things they ran on while the republicans explicitly run against net neutrality.

Golly gee, theres no way to know.

I didn't think the Senators could even do anything? I thought it was just the five members of the FCC voting for it.

As long as it takes for the democrats to be in charge since that was one of the things they ran on while the republicans explicitly run against net neutrality.

Golly gee, theres no way to know.

Let's not make this 100% Dem vs GOP here.

For example, it was Barack Obama who appointed Ajit Pai to the FCC. Yes, Trump made him chairman, but Obama put him on the board in the first place.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Let's not make this 100% Dem vs GOP here.

For example, it was Barack Obama who appointed Ajit Pai to the FCC. Yes, Trump made him chairman, but Obama put him on the board in the first place.

Can't have more than 3 people of the same party on the FCC. Obama had to nominate a republican.

Edit: And before anyone says "he couldve nominated a third party person" the senate has to approve of all the appointees so that wouldn't have flown.

Edited by blotsfan

Yeah, Obama was a lame duck President and really couldn't do a lot unless it was screwing people over. McConnell hand picked Pai. Why Obama just went along with scum like that, screams that he is ripped from the same cloth -- but of course we already knew that.

Yeah, Obama was a lame duck President and really couldn't do a lot unless it was screwing people over. McConnell hand picked Pai. Why Obama just went along with scum like that, screams that he is ripped from the same cloth -- but of course we already knew that.

Or he tried to show an ounce of bipartisanship. He had to pick a republican, so he turned to the republicans to take their guy. Obviously in hindsight, he should've done every dirty underhanded trick he could (like McConnell would've). That being said, unless you have a democrat change party affiliation just for the sake of stealing this spot, you're gonna have trouble finding a republican that supports net neutrality that has some semblance of knowledge on the issue. But keep doing your armchair psychology in order to keep up this fantasy that both sides are the same.

Armchair psychology? You mean how you justify everything Obama did, no matter how terrible? He literally set the foundation for this to happen.

"Oh no, he was just trying to be nice to Republicans".

Yeah, okay. Lmao.

In all seriousness though, when it comes this issue -- voters are are equally outraged. The media or telecommunications or whatever you want to call it though is one of the highest lobbied sectors in this country. The money is going to win out eventually, even if it is only them making some concessions to give the illusion of a loss... It sucks, no doubt..

Can't have more than 3 people of the same party on the FCC. Obama had to nominate a republican.

Edit: And before anyone says "he couldve nominated a third party person" the senate has to approve of all the appointees so that wouldn't have flown.

You can't tell me there wasn't a better option out there.

Baby Boomers are the worst generation in the history of the country probs lol.

Gloating over shit like this when it's totally unwarranted is pretty dumb and divicive. We could get so many things done if we just united on issues like this with more libertarian minded people. Like, nobody ever really wants war usually but yet we're constantly at war and spending insane amounts of money on it. We could get together with people we disagree with on that. Maybe we can't agree on spending money on health care or education but we could damn sure agree on stuff like not spending our money killing people and net neutrality.

One of the biggest reasons why I think all these terrorist organizations over there were created by the CIA. We know they trained and armed the Taliban and that's not a conspiracy theory. It's actually something that would be straight out of the prince basically using a made up group like that to do your dirty work or be your boogy man. I have no links or anything to prove this. It's just a thought I have but I do not trust the CIA at all. Just based on what we DO know they're a really fucked up organization.

Edited by seanbrock

I am appalled that this can pass through the conscience with no warnings for these people. At the same time, I think there will be a level of excitement for me if it happens, because I'll just delete most of the apps and dumb shit that takes up too much of my time, and I probably won't even keep Wi-Fi at my house anymore. Fuck it. Imagine all the extra time I'll have.

But will other American consumers wise up and drastically drop companies' profits by not purchasing unneeded shit every month? Are citizens smart enough to let this backfire on them if they really go through with it?

Yeah haha, as smart as the population is (high literacy rates and all) they're fucking dumb. Is this for sure passing?

Well while I hope it doesn't pass I'm not going to get too riled up because I don't technically need these services

Yeah haha, as smart as the population is (high literacy rates and all) they're fucking dumb. Is this for sure passing?

Unfortunately, I think it has a good shot at passing. The only way it won't is if people keep making their voices heard.

If it passes and ends up being the nightmare we're all scared of, it'll get young people to vote in droves in 2018 and 2020, and Republicans will be utterly fucked.

You can pass legislation about taxes, do whatever foreign policy, and it won't really matter. But start messing with people's Internet? Watch out.

If it passes and ends up being the nightmare we're all scared of, it'll get young people to vote in droves in 2018 and 2020, and Republicans will be utterly fucked.

You can pass legislation about taxes, do whatever foreign policy, and it won't really matter. But start messing with people's Internet? Watch out.

Yeah this is a fucking death sentence for Republicans. Watch them run Hillary again and lose again. They'll have Congress though and they'll kill it in local elections.

You arent wrong but if Net Neutrality goes , I dont think Dems try bringing it back. Itll just be gone

You arent wrong but if Net Neutrality goes , I dont think Dems try bringing it back. Itll just be gone

Yeah I agree that the corporate Dems won't try to bring it back but a lot of Bernie style Dems have be running for office and winning. It'd be great if they took the party. We might actually have a chance if that happens. People WILL mobilize over this.

Lol, no They won't.