Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Week 12 Reaction

Thanksgiving Day

At least the Vikings finally got off the snide against the Lions. I firmly believe it would have been a season sweep had the first matchup not involved a devastating injury in the middle of the third quarter. Losing Cook sucked the energy out of the stadium.

So Dak Prescott is damn near All Pro with perfect circumstances, but pretty horrid after the subtraction of just one of those pieces. He should find the mean at some point in the coming weeks, but that mean will show us just how good he really is.

Oh my god, that Redskins/Giants game was like punishment.

Today

Carson Wentz should, by all counts, more than double the passing touchdown total of his rookie season. I wonder what the greatest improvement from rookie to sophomore season is in league history?

Do we really have to let in an AFC South team into the playoffs? Can't we just vote to void their playoff eligibility?

Drew Brees looked old today. The Saints looked human. They have a murderer's row schedule to end the season. I think it's perfect feasible that they still miss the playoffs, especially if they lose to Carolina next week and get swept by Atlanta. It's not likely, but it's possible. They've got work to do.

Jesus Christ could Paxton Lynch have looked any worse today? Oh my dear lord, that was terrible. He just lacks something upstairs. I'm not sure what, but the dude has every physical tool you could ask for and still fails miserably.

Carson Wentz should, by all counts, more than double the passing touchdown total of his rookie season. I wonder what the greatest improvement from rookie to sophomore season is in league history?

Wentz hasn't been the most improved though. Take a look at Goff. Was utter garbage last season and now he has the Rams leading the NFCW. People were questioning if Goff could even be a starter in this league last season. Has already tripled his TDs.

• Upvote 1

We finally swept Indy and won in Indy for the longest fucking time. Thank God. Fuck the Colts and anyone who is a fan. That being said our OC needs to go. Fire him kill him throw him out..whatever we gotta do to have a new OC. He is ruining our young talent.

Thanksgiving Day

At least the Vikings finally got off the snide against the Lions. I firmly believe it would have been a season sweep had the first matchup not involved a devastating injury in the middle of the third quarter. Losing Cook sucked the energy out of the stadium.

So Dak Prescott is damn near All Pro with perfect circumstances, but pretty horrid after the subtraction of just one of those pieces. He should find the mean at some point in the coming weeks, but that mean will show us just how good he really is.

Oh my god, that Redskins/Giants game was like punishment.

Today

It aint Carson. Goff is far more improved.

Goff started 7 games last year. He hasn't tripled his TDs. And there's a fairly significant gap between the 2 right now, from mobility to control at the LoS, to progressing through reads, etc. Goff definitely has made strides. I don't know if even Carson could have succeeded with that Fisher bunch.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Ya he only played 7 games but he looked horrible last season. Wentz at least looked competent and clearly showed potential. Goff had 5 passing TDs last season, he has 16 right now.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Weapons are everything. Both were given better weapons, both made big strides. I can't wait for their head to head in 2 weeks. It's a shame it's across all the time zones because that seems to affect games

CHIEFS??? KAREEM HUNT???????

JAMAAL WILLIAMS!!!

I love full team celebrations. Simple ones.

Shut up Troy Aikman

Officiating still lacking

Where the heck was Doug Baldwin this week

The Niners were an easy win like usual

Hmm Brees doesn't seem to.... Breesy

GRONK

lots of upsets this week.

When is Corey Davis ever going to be made the main target?

Bobby Wagner is EXCEPTIONAL ALWAYS

Stream of Consciousness Reaction Brought to you by Eight O' Clock Coffee:

Dallas is done. They've had enough time to adjust to life without their stars (Zeke, Tyron, Lee) and haven't done a damn thing. Or maybe they've been relying on Dak to step up his game, and he hasn't. In either case, they're toast.

I know it was a Thursday game, but I'm unimpressed with the Lions. I think the NFC wild card spots will be fought between the Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks.

The Bears are not good at football, but Akiem Hicks is very good at football.

For the anti-Eagles crowd pointing to their soft schedule, you're right, but it's worth noting that the Eagles aren't scraping by against inferior teams. They're blowing them out. Anyway, we're about to find out what Philly is made of: @Seattle, @LA Rams the next two weeks.

Antonio Brown is good at football.

Good lord, the NFC is stacked.

Good lord, the AFC is bad. Are there more than 2 playoff caliber teams in that conference?

Holy implosion, Chiefs. #PatMahomes2018

Speaking of QBs in 2018...Alex Smith to the ____________ ? Tyrod Taylor to the _____________ ? Denver and Jacksonville would be pretty good with above-average signal callers...

Do we really have to let in an AFC South team into the playoffs? Can't we just vote to void their playoff eligibility?

Titans would be the 3rd seed and Jags would be the first wild card if playoffs started now, and far worse teams have been in the playoffs

Which six AFC teams would you put in? Patriots and Steelers are given, who are the other four?

Edited by oochymp

I can understand the argument of competition against the Eagles, I really can but the Eagles excell in every key team statistic. 1st in PPG, 2nd in rushing yards, 3rd in total yards. They're tied with the 2nd best turnover differential, they're the 3rd best punt returning team. They've converted more 3rd downs than anyone in the league at the 3rd most efficient rate.

On defense the Eagles are 2nd to only Minnesota 3rd down conversion percentage buy .01%.They've forced the 3rd most turnovers. They're seventh in total yards and 3rd in points allowed.

They do everything so well. A team that executes like that and is so well rounded, they're gonna win games against good teams too. I'm not saying the Eagles are unbeatable but they definitely are legit.

And they'll sweep their West Coast double header if they show up to play

Really Im not scared of anyone left , Unless GB squeaks in then I might be afarid if a Playoff Rodgers

Also, it was nice to see Brett Hundley play more to what I thought his capability was before Rodgers got hurt. Regardless of what happens with the Pack I hope he does well so I can brag about telling you all I knew he was good from seeing him in pre-season a few times. lol

It was good to see The Packers open up the playbook too. How is a player as green (pun intended) as Hundley supposed to be confident in himself if he's not sure his team has confidence in him. He knows the playbook, he's been in the same system for a couple years. Let him play.

Edited by seanbrock

Some random thoughts:

- The Saints are human, but still a very good team. I'm not ready to bail on the thought of them being a really good team due to 1 loss to another good team. They're going to be a threat in the playoffs.

- If the Jags had a half-decent QB, they would really be dangerous. They have a defense and Fournette, they just need a guy to make plays at the QB position and limit turnovers. I could see Smith or Tyrod going there in 2018.

- I am starting to wonder who will coach the Browns in 2018. It's not going to be Hue Jackson. He's a dead man walking at this point. It doesn't matter that they don't have a lot of talent to work with. He made a bad team worse with his inconsistent decisions. 0-11 start two seasons in a row... See ya later, Hue.

- Another guy who should be unemployed in 2018 is John Fox. I think this is the end of the road for him. He's kinda going the Fisher route with hanging around a lot longer than he should in spite of not winning in a long time. Bears need someone young and aggressive to pair with Trubisky and that running game.

- I don't get to see a lot of Lions games anymore, but Stafford is a tough bastard with a big arm. He did the best he could against a really good defense on Thanksgiving. Luckily for the Lions he probably still has plenty of years left in the tank to put a good team around him and compete.

- The Steelers really miss Joe Haden. This was the 2nd week in a row of multiple blown coverage assignments. We're winning right now in spite of our secondary being absolute trash, but that can only continue for so long. Last night we gave up TD passes of 39, 54 and 55 yards to Hundley... imagine what Brady will do to us? Haden had been playing great before he got hurt. Getting him in there will erase most if not all of these mishaps. (Bell and Brown were absolutely phenomenal to watch last night.)

- I keep waiting for the Eagles to have a bad game, but it hasn't happened yet. Things look really easy for them right now, but things can change in a hurry. That said as of right now, I think Doug Pederson is a no-brainer for Coach of the Year. I also see Wentz taking the MVP unless he has a few bad games here at the end of the season, in which case Brady would take it.

- The Chiefs are in full meltdown mode and I don't know if they have what it takes to recover. If I had to bet on it, they will now miss the playoffs entirely unless they find a way to stop the bleeding. Chargers are looking better and better, and they might just win the West.

- 49ers might be on the upswing. I think they have a shot to be decent next year, but not good yet. A good QB/coach duo can and will turn things around quickly (see: Rams, Eagles). Time will tell if Shanny and Jimmy are able to bring a similar turnaround to SF, but if they have a good draft and bring in a few solid FA signings, who knows.

- Ok, as stupid as the Bills were to bench Tyrod, they are still very much alive in the playoff race. If they get to 9-7, they have the tiebreaker head to head over KC. I hope they don't make it; the decision to start Peterman should sink them for being so dumb. But the AFC is so utterly terrible this year that they still might pull it off. We'll see.

I don't really have a lot to say about the rest of the league at the moment. Rams are a super interesting team this year though. You overly-confident Philly fans would be foolish to underestimate them. They have exactly the right tools to beat you guys.

• Upvote 1

I don't really have a lot to say about the rest of the league at the moment. Rams are a super interesting team this year though. You overly-confident Philly fans would be foolish to underestimate them. They have exactly the right tools to beat you guys.

I am a bit older and have been burned maybe a little bit more than most of the other Eagles fans here, so I may tend to be a bit more cautious, but this team is like nothing I can remember seeing. They are ridiculously consistent. Im starting to buy the hype.

I do think the road trip coming up is the best chance for a loss in the remaining schedule but if I was forced to bet, I would take the Eagles in each of the games.

There a few teams playing really good football in the NFC and I think another team thats going to add to the glut is the Falcons. If they put it all together they will be very very good. They are starting to get comfortable with their new OC and are producing again.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to buy my team's hype too, GA. I'm quite young, but I remember the 2009 NFC Championship game all too well. Minnesota always gets my hopes up at some point.

Edited by OSUViking

I'm starting to buy my team's hype too, GA. I'm quite young, but I remember the 2009 NFC Championship game all too well. Minnesota always gets my hopes up at some point.

We eagles fans are always let down hopefully this is are year , it feels like it is but just taking 1 week at a time , injuries can happen and ruin what looks like a great year for the Eagles