Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Repeat After Me

I am entirely responsible for the vast majority of times that I have failed.

Look into the mirror and say it to yourself.

If each individual in our society adopted this perspective, our country would be in a better place.

Discuss.

Then who would I blame for all my problems?

Then who would I blame for all my problems?

I'd say the milkman, but there really aren't milkmen anymore!

I know if you're an adult and you have problems, you stamp your feet, blame the man, and call your mother....always call your mother.

Oh and drink milk...thats right. Drink milk and call your mother.

Edited by Omerta

You know it's kind of ironic how much you two complain about blots being insufferable and pretentious and arrogant or whatever else you want to say. I think I'll just leave it at that. Pot meet kettle.

You'll have to tell me what's wrong with what's being said in this thread.

Bware on the ROPES... Ref is about to start a standing 8 count.

• Upvote 1

More problems to your country than people "not accepting responsibility"

Yes but lack of accountability is at the root of said issues

Lack of accountability is at the root of all/majority of issues in America?

Lack of accountability is at the root of all/majority of issues in America?

Yes

If we can't even own our failures as individuals, how can we hold different groups or politicians accountable?

Our lack of personal accountability cripples the foundation. Trying to hold people accountable on a larger scale results in destruction.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Yes

If we can't even own our failures as individuals, how can we hold different groups or politicians accountable?

Our lack of personal accountability cripples the foundation. Trying to hold people accountable on a larger scale results in destruction.

You need to do yourself a favor and travel outside of North Dakota, man. Sounds like you world view is very narrow and redneckish.

You need to do yourself a favor and travel outside of North Dakota, man. Sounds like you world view is very narrow and redneckish.

Dead serious question. How is accountability a "redneckish" concept ? It would seem that is something we should all embrace.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big fan of personal accountability. If you guys browse my posts, you'll see that. There are definitely plenty of ways being accountable can make someone's life better. But it's impossible to paint every aspect of life with that brush. Some things just aren't our fault. I think it's important to find that balance.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is people should be accountable for what they can, and try to work around what they can't to put themselves in better positions to succeed.

• Upvote 1

and perhaps, if you need to kill a congressman, you should learn how to kill someone with your bare hands...

Agreed, Sarge, but people have created their own perceptions which tell them that nothing is their fault. That's a huge problem in our society.

I'm a big fan of personal accountability. If you guys browse my posts, you'll see that. There are definitely plenty of ways being accountable can make someone's life better. But it's impossible to paint every aspect of life with that brush. Some things just aren't our fault. I think it's important to find that balance.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is people should be accountable for what they can, and try to work around what they can't to put themselves in better positions to succeed.

True story. Sometimes things arent our fault. As a guy who has recently found spirituality again, I think the bible sums it up well.He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. I usually don't post scripture as it is not my style. That said that sentiment is very true. Shit happens to us all, and sometimes it didn't seem fair. But so what? What does that mean? Not diddly shit.

Everybody wants to hold politicians accountable, but won't ask what more they can do to make their lives better? Everybody wants people, companies, and the government to make them guarantees but they won't guarantee themselves anything.

I personally think its sad so many people bitch just to do it. This tax bill is a perfect example. Everybody bitches they can't read it when it is not a law. Then it becomes law and nobody wants to read it. They just want to bitch because that is what They are supposed to do.

Its a waste of your life to wait for the government to fix it. We are all given a choice to be a victim or victor.

Lmao. Or maybe some people don't have enough free time to read a 400+ page bill. You are saying you can never have any opinion about anything you haven't read in its entirety. Want to go after the Supreme Court's decision on any issue? Gotta read the whole thing. Wanna talk about Obamacare? Good luck, you gotta read the whole 2,300 page bill. That's assuming the average person can even understand half of it, lol. But yeah, they're totally just lazy and want to bitch.

You are seriously arguing that a layman has to read a 430 page tax bill instead of relying on people who have studied tax laws for years posting summaries. If what is posted is not factual, someone else will almost certainly call them on it. This is assuming a layman can even understand the language of the bill, which given that its written for the tax code, is a large assumption.

The tax bill has some good things, sure, but there are a lot of bad things. The corporate tax breaks being permanent whereas the individual tax breaks being temporary is one thing, for example. Repealing the individual mandate is another.

It's asinine to argue that "people just want to bitch" because they don't read a novel from Congress on their latest bill and rely on experts and their summaries.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Dead serious question. How is accountability a "redneckish" concept ? It would seem that is something we should all embrace.

Clearly personal responsibility is something we should all embrace but I think it carries more meaning than that in the political sense. It's a major conservative talking point that use to when talking about social safety net programs. It's a way for them to make their voters feel superior while they allow the owner class to help themselves to trillions of dollars from our economy that working people played a big part in producing and then saying "thank you sir may I have another."

I say it's a redneckish concept because it's mostly low income, low education rural people, particularly in the South that buy into hook line and sinker because it makes them feel better about themselves by putting down others. Look at the social, economic and education outcomes of blue states vs. red states. It proves the utter stupidity of statements like that but whatevs.

• Upvote 2

Well thats not really true is it? Did you assume that or do you have facts.

Here are the facts I know of the top 25 states in Education 14 vote Republican which is 56%. Out of the top 25 states in Economy 14 vote Democrat which is also 56%. And how do you measure social? Feelings. No thanks I will stick to data. Now it would not surprise me if people in more Democratic states like social programs, because there are more people on them in those states. Of the top 25 states in welfare payout 17 voted democratic or 68%.

The numbers dont bare out your argument.

At the beginning of your post you call it "something we should all embrace" but in your second paragraph you say it is a "redneckish" concept. Which is it? Or should we all embrace a "redneckish" concept. I have already researched and proven your argument versus red or blue wrong considering they split your two criteria that can be measured with the exact same percentages.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

idk what I saw was different than what you did. Looks like all but 2 of the top 10 are blue states. Maryland is like half and half.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/opinion/campaign-stops/the-path-to-prosperity-is-blue.html

:shrug: and I'm not a lover of the DNC as you well know.

idk what I saw was different than what you did. Looks like all but 2 of the top 10 are blue states. Maryland is like half and half.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/opinion/campaign-stops/the-path-to-prosperity-is-blue.html

There was 3 I believe in the top 10. Look at the top 25, which are the stats I quoted.