Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Repeat After Me

Exactly and thats why people in some states were advocating for 15 per hour people gotta eat and have a roof over their heads. But they are just spoiled snowflakes who should be grateful to get 10 per hour/ Phil

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017/01/the-obama-administration-bails-out-private-equity-landlords-at-the-expense-of-the-middle-class-government-guarantees-for-rental-securitization.html

Unfortunately the war on the middle class and working class has been a bi-partisan effort. The new tax code by Trump and the GOP seems like it'll make things even worse. We need political revolution. Say what you will about Bernie Sanders but I don't think that can be denied.

The magic number now seems to be 35. 35 percent of minimum wage can in a few states.

How worthless is money really? Feel free to send me yours.

Are you calling me a snowflake?

I'm not the one crying and running from alternative free thinking view points.

And who cares how much you make when money is useless,meaningless, irrelevant.

You are proving my point by calling someone a lesser person by how much money they earn.

No I was referencing/mocking other Phil. If you paid any attention what's so ever you would of realized.

While I agree that PE is annoying most of the time, I do agree with him on his point with money whether he's trolling or serious. The pursuit of money is the root of most evil in humans, we're milking our planet dry for resources, killing other people, screwing over others, etc to pursue this currency. I could go into a huge rant about the Federal Reserve, but I won't.

• Upvote 1

People in restaurants and hotels work hard... people argue about how skilled you have to be for those jobs... I get that and understand it, but skill and importance aren't the same. Does it take a ton of skill to work in a restaurant? Not at all. But is it an important job? You bet.

So if people agree that working in a restaurant may not be a hard job but an important one, would they also agree that anyone with an important job should be able to earn enough to not worry about paying rent every month?

I hope that seems reasonable, but I understand other people may not think so. We need to talk about this and make a solution one way or another.

• Upvote 1

Working at a restaurant can be a really damn hard job depending on what you do. I'd love to some of these people saying they don't deserve a living wage to go bus or do dishes at a busy restaurant during a rush. It's not a mentally stressful job in the sense that it's hard to figure out but that does not mean that it's easy. I mean hell, those guys standing there holding the road work signs have an easy job but holy shit it must be boring as fuck and to Sarge's point it's pretty important. If you asked a lot of them I be they'd rather be doing something else on the crew.

I think a lot of people who are against everyone being entitled to a living wage are probably mad that they don't make more and probably consider themselves undervalued so in order to feel better about themselves they go around saying shit like that.

• Upvote 1

​People who work those kinds of jobs honestly have to work harder and put more into their jobs than a lot of people who make serious bank. Trust me, I've worked at McDonald's and busted my ass and had to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. and was never paid more than 9 dollars an hour during my tenure there. Also, if I was even about to be a second beyond overtime they would instantly find me and send me home ASAP to save money. I'm not saying people at McDonald's deserve high wages, but they deserve better than they get.

Different kind of work. Not trying to bash on those employees, and not even commenting on minimum wage, but one can't even compare the kind of skills that higher-paying jobs require to minimum wage jobs. I think most people could develop those skills if they had the resources to pursue them, but that's a different discussion.

• Upvote 1

Also not nesecessarly true been working since I was 16 now I'm in construction making 20 plus hardest job I ever worked was at A&W at a mall.

Yeah food service jobs blow. Low paying, dependent on tips from ungrateful pricks, and require absurdly good people skills. Fuck that shit. I'll bartend and cook on occasion but it absolutely fries the nerves on the busier nights.

It's crazy how easy it would be to fix the homelessness and poverty problem in this country. Raise wages and create jobs by fixing and updating our current infrastructure. Take all these houses that were foreclosed on by banks when they were bailed out and give them away. Boom, you bail out the working/poor class and you generate TILLIONS of dollars. Half of this has already been done and it worked. It's basically how we built the country that we know today. Eisenhower (a Republican) built all of our interstate highways this way and I don't think I have to explain how much money this made our country.

What do you do about people who actually don't want to work hard? That is not a right wing construct--it's a very real thing and it's observable.

What do you do about people who actually don't want to work hard? That is not a right wing construct--it's a very real thing and it's observable.

I don't really see that as being an issue. Work and make good money or barely live off welfare benefits. I mean obviously you would have some people who really wouldn't want to do shit but it's such an insignificant number. Nothing can ever be perfect. Even in a regular job you have lazy people. I'm sure we all work with somebody who doesn't want to do shit and tries to get out of work. Just going to work and being around motivated people and accomplishing shit on a daily basis can help people break lazy habits.

I'll say this too, a lot of those people have kids and I don't think kids ever deserve to be homeless or go to bed without dinner.

This shit has worked before. It will work again. I have a question for you though man and I'm going to try and be as tactful about it as possible but do you think you're better than most everyone else? Like it seems as if you think your morals and work ethic are above the rest of society. You have an arrogance about you at times and a contempt for numbers and people that you don't know and know nothing about their way of life. You seem to have changed over the years bro. I always considered you to be a real nice and good person but some of the shit you say sometimes makes me think you might be a holier than thou, judgemental prick. I'm sure you work hard for what you have but why do you have such a hard time believing that others wouldn't given the opportunity?

I'm not trying to be an asshole either even though I think I just was an asshole but I've always enjoyed shooting the shit with you but idk man it seems like you've had it rough and are pretty jaded as of late. Hope everything is cool brother.

• Upvote 2

I don't really see that as being an issue. Work and make good money or barely live off welfare benefits. I mean obviously you would have some people who really wouldn't want to do shit but it's such an insignificant number. Nothing can ever be perfect. Even in a regular job you have lazy people. I'm sure we all work with somebody who doesn't want to do shit and tries to get out of work. Just going to work and being around motivated people and accomplishing shit on a daily basis can help people break lazy habits.

I'll say this too, a lot of those people have kids and I don't think kids ever deserve to be homeless or go to bed without dinner.

This shit has worked before. It will work again. I have a question for you though man and I'm going to try and be as tactful about it as possible but do you think you're better than most everyone else? Like it seems as if you think your morals and work ethic are above the rest of society. You have an arrogance about you at times and a contempt for numbers and people that you don't know and know nothing about their way of life. You seem to have changed over the years bro. I always considered you to be a real nice and good person but some of the shit you say sometimes makes me think you might be a holier than thou, judgemental prick. I'm sure you work hard for what you have but why do you have such a hard time believing that others wouldn't given the opportunity?

I'm not trying to be an asshole either even though I think I just was an asshole but I've always enjoyed shooting the shit with you but idk man it seems like you've had it rough and are pretty jaded as of late. Hope everything is cool brother.

Women problems.

It's a right-wing talking point in that they take a small minority of youth and extrapolate their behavior to a large portion of the population.

• Upvote 1

Thats just kind of politics in general though. It does not make it right, but when you think about the talking points of both right-wing and left-wing, that can be said about anything.

Do we really think the majority of black people are evil?

Do we thing the cops are really out to just shoot some "darkies"?

Do we really think that all republicans are rich evil people?

Do we think all white people some impressive force just waiting to trample the majority?

Do we think that all men democrats are hapless, pussy-ass, bums?

I mean it is just how things are done. This is a method of distracting all of us to separate us into different camps so that way we can attack each other instead of issues. IT works very well too, both parties are as evil as the other, but sshhhhh....we aren't supposed to know that.

It is funny to think that partisan politics can be so influential on people.

• Upvote 1

Yeah but Bware was asking us what do we do about this issue, which according to him is fact.

It's not, its a right-wing talking point I completely agree with you. Which we were trying to explain to him, because the answer to his question is you don't do anything.

• Upvote 1

Source?

Well gee, Than, I don't know, maybe all of our fucking eyes as we've spent time among the work force? It. Is. Observable. Some people work much, much harder than others.

I'm fine. I don't think I'm better than anybody. I do think, however, that hard workers deserve better pay, and a better life. That being said, I don't wish hardship among those who don't work hard, but I don't think they are as deserving as those who put forth a higher level of effort. There needs to be reward for excellence, and ramifications for consciously choosing to be mediocre or worse. Very few people are incapable of excellence.

If there's anything that has made me jaded it's not related to this thread. The way I've been treated by people who grew close to me has been discussed in other threads and while those things were difficult, I'm currently in a much better place and there are certainly many other people who've experienced as bad or worse.

Back on the ranch--I'm just burned out by extreme radical liberalism. It's hard to take seriously a set of ideals that believes people are naturally fruitcakes and nobody is personally responsible for any of their failures.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Well gee, Than, I don't know, maybe all of our fucking eyes as we've spent time among the work force? It. Is. Observable. Some people work much, much harder than others.

I dunno. Without data, it kinda sounds like you're amplifying a problem that isn't a huge deal because it makes you upset. As a wise man once said...

Feelings don't matter.

• Upvote 2

I dunno. Without data, it kinda sounds like you're amplifying a problem that isn't a huge deal because it makes you upset. As a wise man once said...

Show me how you quantify effort.