Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Which borderline playoff team has the most potential for a deep run?

We always see someone emerge from the mid-range teams to make a late-season push, this seems like a good time to start taking picks. Which team in the thick of the playoff fight do you think has the best shot at making a deep run? I was gonna put a poll on this, but I think it's more fun to leave it open ended, I'll just say avoid discussing actual favorites or you will be ridiculed, that's not what this thread is for.

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

NFC: Green Bay if Rodgers comes back, otherwise, I'd have to say the Seahawks. I know they're currently slotted into the 5th seed, but I think that qualifies as borderline.

LA Chargers if they keep playing like this and don't fold in their first playoff game like the Chargers usually do.

Aaron is running the scout team this week and is slated to play next week against the Panthers . I hope e can make some noise, but not so sure.

With Rodgers, Green Bay is probably the most dangerous borderline playoff team. They still have to get through the Browns and see if Rodgers is good to go. As well get some help with the Falcons, Seahawks, or Panthers losing. Can't believe I'll be rooting for the Vikes once again this weekend. One positive of losing Rodgers has been the rookie RBs went through a trial by fire of sorts. Nobody is afraid of Hundley beating them through the air, resulting in stacked boxes and even with that Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams have performed well. With Rodgers back, teams have to respect the pass and open bigger running lanes for Williams and Jones. The defense is by no means great but has steadily improved and kept the Packers in some game recently which is very surprising.

For the AFC, the Ravens are a big dark horse. That defense has quietly been one of the best this season and could propel them as long as Flacco and the offense is at least decent.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Everyone wants to ride the Chargers nuts. Yes. They may be playing well... but this is the Chargers. They will find a way to ruin a good thing.

The Ravens are the buzzsaw of the AFC, I expect them to go to Pitt and make a statement...

The NFC...

People REALLY REALLY underestimate the Vikings in my opinion.

I feel that nobody is truly taking them seriously... but you will when you have to travel to Minny in January and can't throw the ball in subzero temps against that defense that WANTS you to run on them. Their offense is so balanced that they can compete with anyone.

Everyone wants to ride the Chargers nuts. Yes. They may be playing well... but this is the Chargers. They will find a way to ruin a good thing.

The Ravens are the buzzsaw of the AFC, I expect them to go to Pitt and make a statement...

The NFC...

I feel that nobody is truly taking them seriously... but you will when you have to travel to Minny in January and can't throw the ball in subzero temps against that defense that WANTS you to run on them. Their offense is so balanced that they can compete with anyone.

I am definitely underestimating the Vikings. I just keep seeing Case Keenum in January, and I get the same vibes as a hypothetical Andy Dalton or Alex Smith in January, and that's really not fair to Case because he does not have a proven history of choking.

I just cannot see the Vikes as a favorite with Case at QB.

However, this particular thread is about borderline playoff teams. The Vikes are 10-2 and currently have the 1 seed. A borderline team, they are not.

The NFC...

Subzero temps? What kind of indoor stadium is kept at subzero temperatures?

• Upvote 1

Not sure I trust their defenses (at all) but if they somehow make the playoffs, I'd be weary of the Packers and less so the Cowboys. They would both be getting their best players back right in time for the playoffs and they have offenses that will always give you a chance. Rodgers would also be coming back to what seems to be a newfound running game? Look out. Not totally borderline but the Falcons also seem like they haven't really hit their stride given how stacked they are, so they are a team that could potentially get hot and run through anyone.

AFC wise, I think the Jags are a team that has the winning formula of a great defense and a running game...so no I would not want to face them. The Chargers also, based on how they have been playing. I think it is clear they are the best AFCW team and they have all you need on offense and defense to give the big boys problems (Patriots, Steelers). The Ravens are also kind of on the radar if the offense is really findings its feet but it is hard to put stock in them given how bad the offense has been at times and how easy the schedule has been.

Subzero temps? What kind of indoor stadium is kept at subzero temperatures?

Isn't that thing retractable?

Case Keenum is accurate and making all the right throws. Him and Thielen are something else.

Isn't that thing retractable?

Case Keenum is accurate and making all the right throws. Him and Thielen are something else.

No, it was too expensive I guess.

First off I don't think that the Vikings are a boarderline playoff team. I think they pretty much locked up the NFCN with their win on Turkey Day over the Lions and it was pretty much cemented when the Ravens whooped dat ass last weekend. For the NFC the crazy thing is you can include Seattle and/or the Rams in this conversation. One of them will lose the division. As for the NFCS any of the top 3 teams can be included here. Carolina and New Orleans could either have a bye or totally miss out on the playoffs. As great as Aaron Rodgers is I think that you have to talk about those teams before the Packers

As for the AFC, the only boarder line team I see making noise is Jacksonville. They have the best defense in the conference and they've already handed the Steelers an L but the power teams in the AFC are just so much better than the competition.