Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

2018 Coaching Carousel

This feels a little early to put this up, but with McAdoo already fired and the announcement that Lewis is gone at the end of the year I think we can go ahead. This also allows for more speculation in this thread, which is always fun. Feel free to post any theories of who you think is getting canned and who's sticking around. I'll update the original post as firings/hirings become official, which I consider to be when there's an article about it on either NFL.com or the team's official website.

Team-------------2017 Coach (Interim)---------------------2018 Coach (2017 job)

Giants------------Ben McAdoo (Steve Spagnuolo)------Pat Shurmur (Vikings OC)

Bears-------------John Fox-------------------------------------Matt Nagy (Chiefs OC)

Lions-------------Jim Caldwell---------------------------------Matt Patricia (Patriots DC)

Colts-------------Chuck Pagano-------------------------------Frank Reich (Eagles OC)

Raiders----------Jack Del Rio---------------------------------Jon Gruden (ESPN)

Cards------------Bruce Arians [retired]----------------------Steve Wilks (Panthers DC)

Titans-------------Mike Mularkey------------------------------Mike Vrabel (Texans DC)

Edited by oochymp

my Theories

Bengals Paul Geunther - Current Team - Bengals DC

Giants Steve Wilks - Current Team - Panthers DC/Assistant HC

Edited by WeaponX20

John Harbaugh...New York. Because I'm optimistic.

John Harbaugh...New York. Because I'm optimistic.

If the Ravens don't make the playoffs with this schedule, I really think Harbaugh will have to be on the hot seat. Easiest schedule in the league by far.

That's my line of thought, everybody wants to talk about how he's doing such a great job with the lack of talent. I don't really see it that way we've had the best wide receivers we've had in years, our o-line isn't great, but we also have the best running back we've had in years. Our defense is a stacked as it has been in 10 years, and he makes us look like an in-depth crap football team. Part of it is just that he is a shity football coach, the other half is he surrounds himself with yes man who won't challenge him. That's how you end up with guys like Marty mornhinweg and Dean pees. If this team were coached by 25 other coaching staffs in the NFL right now we're sitting at 9 or 10 wins. Give us a top 5 coaching staff and people are talking about the Ravens in the same breath as they are the Patriots in the Steelers. This man has been holding our franchise bag for The Last 5 Years.

Once Ray Lewis and Ed Reed left the team, all the leadership went with him which is why we've been a middling team since then. I'll never understand what her owner season this guy, but if he gets fired and we hire somebody likes a John Pagano, we become very scary on defense, and we might actually be decent on offense if we can get a good offense of coordinator.

I think John Fox and Chuck Pagano are dead men walking, and I think Dirk Koetter also gets fired on Black Monday. Bruce Arians is a wild card (he may retire, I don't think Arizona will fire him), and a big-time wild card is...

...Jason Garrett. You never know what Jerry Jones will do, and if the Cowboys falter down the stretch, Jerry might think, "I'm set up for success with Dak and Zeke the next ten years. Is Garrett the man I want at the helm those ten years?" If Jerry thinks he can get David Shaw out of Stanford, I could see it.

Colts - Jim bob Cooter - Current Team Lions

Edited by WeaponX20

Can we please put Mike Mularkey on the fired list too?

What a complete fucking retard.

Who are hot DC candidates? Packers need one

Who are hot DC candidates? Packers need one

Chuck Pagano is a bad ass DC

Edited by Omerta

Can we please put Mike Mularkey on the fired list too?

What a complete fucking retard.

If we miss the playoffs it needs to happen, even if we make the playoffs out should happen Edited by oochymp

Fucking Todd Downing should've been fired after week 2.

JDR can go too.

Coaches that have been confirmed fired:

:Bears: John Fox

:Lions: Jim Caldwell

:Colts: Chuck Pagano

:Raiders: Jack Del Rio

:Cardinals: Bruce Arians (retired)

Edited by FartWaffles

^ Jack Del Rio :Raiders:

There is a major changing of the guard happening right now in the NFL. New coaching stars, new young QB's. I know everyone is saying the NFL is dying but to me this is pretty fun to watch play out. How fitting would it be for a team like Jacksonville to knock the Patriots off or the Rams or something?

I'm not gonna be home (meaning at my computer) until tomorrow to update the op, if anyone who has the ability wants it updated sooner feel free to do so

Dom Capers was fired by the Packers.

• Upvote 1

John Harbaugh is still the Ravens coach. We will be in the basement of the AFCN next year. Probably not going to watch many games next year. Season ticket holders are holding on to their seats because right now they are going for 30% of what they paid. The owner sees that retention as a good thing lol. What he doesn't know is that if he gave back what people paid there would hardly be any PSL's left.

We were garbage this year, we will be garbage next year. 5-11 confirmed.

Edited by Omerta

John Harbaugh is still the Ravens coach. We will be in the basement of the AFCN next year. Probably not going to watch many games next year. Season ticket holders are holding on to their seats because right now they are going for 30% of what they paid. The owner sees that retention as a good thing lol. What he doesn't know is that if he gave back what people paid there would hardly be any PSL's left.

We were garbage this year, we will be garbage next year. 5-11 confirmed.

We'll never be free of our awful coaches. :(

I would rather have yours if we are being honest. At least he is funny sometimes with his sayings. Harbaugh is just a petulant douche nozzle who whines about things not being fair and our bunch of "mighty men" with "shovels in one hand and swords in the other" whatever the motherfuck that means. He is literally the 3rd coach in the league I would rather have the least, and one does not even coach anymore (Jeff Fisher)

DC Dean Pees retired from the Ravens. Personally, I think Harbaugh should be gone after yesterday, easy schedule and no injury excuses to make this late in the season.

Edited by BJORN

Thank you Vin for updating the OP, I went ahead and pulled Cincy off since apparently that's up in the air now, this is why I like to wait for official word :dry:

How is Cincy up in the air ?? Lmao. Not saying youre wrong, but come on! The moment I heard Marvin wanted to explore other jobs, Id tell him to get out of my building.

And thats ignoring the fact that hes done nothing ever

We'll never be free of our awful coaches. :(

uPQGgAuKSSej-1R72GNeWQ.png

lmao You don't even have the slightest clue what an awful head coach looks like.

God help you on the day when(if) the Steelers do hire an awful head coach. Might have to be put on suicide watch if this is how you react to Tomlin.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rumored Raider staff....

HC: John Gruden

OC: John Morton (Jets)

DC: Paul Guenther

:Suicide: