Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jerry Richardson to sell Panthers after season

What a relief. What a creep. Gross.

Fantastic. Best thing that could happen to the franchise. Too bad it didnt happen last year, could have saved DG's job.

• Upvote 1

Kaep says he wants in on the ownership group. Lol

Kaep says he wants in on the ownership group. Lol

But Diddy said Kaep would be the starting QB if he bought the team. Is there a rule about owning a team while playing on it?

Edited by blotsfan

It'd be really idiotic for Kaep to go back to playing. If or when he fails, it would be a huge buzzkill for everyone that follows him -- there is more upside in staying on the sidelines.

But Diddy said Kaep would be the starting QB if he bought the team. Is there a rule about owning a team while playing on it?

Lmao as if they'd actually force Cam to sit for a much worse version of himself.

• Upvote 1

No way Richardson would even FATHOM

letting P fucking Diddy have even a share in that team.

Panthers now officially for sale.

I think it would be good to have a black ownership group. I'd like to see either the NFLPA buy the team or maybe the City of Charlotte kind of like a Green Bay situation.

Mike Shula and Ken Dorsey fired. Than happy.

Interim Panthers GM Marty Hurney has been accused of "harassment" by his ex-wife and placed on paid leave by the team.

Hurney’s ex-wife filed for a protective order last Friday. The judge who heard the complaint said there was no evidence of domestic violence and refused to issue an immediate restraining order. One of Hurney's lawyers called the allegations "complete fiction," and Hurney's ex-wife has since withdrawn her complaint. "It’s been really emotional," she told the Charlotte Observer. In her original complaint, Hurney's ex-wife alleged he had been "extremely controlling and was verbally and emotionally abusive" during their marriage. "My privacy has been violated for the past seven years with Martin’s behaviors of tracking me, my pets and violating my property," the complaint said. The NFL has launched an investigation of its own under the personal-conduct policy.

:welp:

I know there's more important things here, but I can't help but be a tiny bit happy. I doubt they keep Hurney as GM after this, considering what got JR in trouble as well. They probably want a squeaky clean GM and owner.

I also hope if he really did do this, he's punished for it.

Edited by Thanatos

Complaint was dropped, and now...

Panthers hired interim GM Marty Hurney as general manager.

Hurney was the Panthers' GM from 2002-2012 before getting canned in favor of Dave Gettleman. The team reversed the move last offseason, firing Gettleman and tabbing Hurney as the interim GM for the 2017 season. All along, Hurney was expected to get the full-time gig, though he had to clear a harassment accusation from his ex-wife earlier this month. Carolina now needs to get an owner in place. Hedge fund manager David Tepper is considered the frontrunner.

Wonder how much they paid in hush money.

The accusations looked utterly bogus to me his wife looked like a psycho. But seriously fuck JR. One last fuck you to Charlotte by rehiring the guy that put us into cap hell.

I hope the new owner fires Marty immediately upon taking over.

The NFL has fined outgoing Panthers owner Jerry Richardson $2.75 million following its investigation into his workplace conduct.

The NFL substantiated the publicly-known complaints against Richardson while turning up previously unknown claims. Its investigation also concluded the improper conduct was limited to Richardson. Richardson was accused of both sexual harassment and making racist comments. Richardson sold the Panthers to hedge fund billionaire David Tepper in May.