Sign in to follow this  
BC

Predict Super Bowl 52

This is the first time in a long time there isn't one of these that we did prior to the season started that we can go and bump to see how the tides have changed. Anyhow, might as well throw in a prediction now.

I do remember a few summer shoutbox conversations where I had said it would be a :Seahawks: vs :Pats: rematch would happen assuming the Legion Of Boom would get to get be healthy again. Still possible and all but the Sherman and Chancellor loss makes the chances pretty slim. Three consecutive road wins would be brutal, especially against the Saints and/or Vikings.

I recall someone going with :Raiders: vs :Packers:(ATL I think) which made sense at the time.

John Clayton and a couple other NFL experts had a :Pats: vs :Falcons: rematch.

As for my post-Christmas prediction, I am really feeling a

:Saints: vs :Steelers::trophy:

Edited by BC

Can't believe I'm agreeing with BC, but...

:Saints: vs :Steelers:

In the AFC it's still a two-horse race. Can't count on the Chiefs (Andy Reid) or Jaguars (Blake Bortles), so I'm looking forward to a Patriots/Steelers AFCCG. And even though it's in Foxborough, my money's on the Steelers. I know we all tend to think of the Patriots as immortal, but they don't win the Super Bowl every year. Pittsburgh is the more complete team and will have Antonio Brown back.

In the NFC, I'm still going old school and only stacking my chips in front of experienced quarterbacks. That means my bets are on the NFC South, and of the three, I'll take Brees. You've all seen that the Falcons just don't have it this year, and the Panthers are too streaky for my liking.

I'm going for chaos this year.

:Rams: vs. :Chiefs:

Wait, you're picking an Andy Reid team to win three games in the playoffs? And a Sophomore QB to do the same? Yeah. Like I said, chaos rules. I don't trust any wild card teams in the AFC, so the Chiefs win that one. Then they play the Patriots at Foxboro, which means Alex Smith can go full Rodney Dangerfield, no respect mode and blow them out of the water. Then the Steelers... and if there's a team I don't trust in the playoffs more than the chiefs right now, it's the Steelers. Despite their talent, they always stumble and bumble through the postseason before getting creamed by a team who wants it more.

Then you've got the Rams, who have a defense and running game to compete with anyone. I think the NFC is just going to be a brawl between the 6 teams, and I think the Rams have the capacity to be the last ones standing after all is said and done.

I'm going for chaos this year.

:Rams: vs. :Chiefs:

Wait, you're picking an Andy Reid team to win three games in the playoffs? And a Sophomore QB to do the same? Yeah. Like I said, chaos rules. I don't trust any wild card teams in the AFC, so the Chiefs win that one. Then they play the Patriots at Foxboro, which means Patrick Mahomes can go full Rodney Dangerfield, no respect mode and blow them out of the water. Then the Steelers... and if there's a team I don't trust in the playoffs more than the chiefs right now, it's the Steelers. Despite their talent, they always stumble and bumble through the postseason before getting creamed by a team who wants it more.

Then you've got the Rams, who have a defense and running game to compete with anyone. I think the NFC is just going to be a brawl between the 6 teams, and I think the Rams have the capacity to be the last ones standing after all is said and done.

hqdefault.jpg

Goof v Mahomes in the Superb Owl? Best game of all time.

:Rams: @ :Pats:

I think the NFC is purely going to come down to matchups.

And I see the Rams coming out of there as well. Saints will probably take out Carolina, just don't match up well with them. LAR will handle the sixth seed, whether that is the Falcons or the Seahawks. Rams would then be going into Minnesota, and I think they can win the rematch. Saints take out the Eagles as well, leaving a New Orleans @ LA Rams for the NFCCG and I'll give it to the Rams based on homefield.

AFC is between New England and Pitt, with the Jags and Ravens as long shots. And unfortunately, I think its the Patriots again, just don't see anyone beating them in Foxborough.

Edited by Thanatos

Rams VS Jaguars!

(I was actually gonna pick Rams v Pats but had a yearning to be unique)

Rams are sitting starters, (Gurley, Donald, and Goff), which throws a wrench in this whole thing as even with them I wasn't sure if they'd beat Jimmy G, and now I'm pretty certain they won't. Now the Rams are more likely to play Carolina than Atlanta or Seattle, and I think the Panthers have one of the best matchups vs the Rams in the NFC.

I think this is a terrible decision by the Rams, purely based on matchups. They would obliterate Seattle or Atlanta for sure, Carolina is much less of a sure thing.

I really wish I trusted Keenum and could be truly hopeful.

But I can't, so I'm not.

You never know Thannypack, if the Saints choke on their own dicks against the Bucs, they could be the 5 seed.

If anyone is going to knock off the Pats in the AFC, it's Jacksonville. Not even being sarcastic. They have a sick defense, they're young and they don't know any better. That would work to their advantage. The world would be all over the Pats, so they could go into Gillette and play loose with no expectations and no pressure. Meanwhile, the Steelers have been there, and consistently get the shit beat out of them by the Pats. It's at a point now where Pittsburgh is mentally defeated before the game even kicks off. I stopped taking the Steelers seriously after the AFC Championship last year. I had egg on my face after I tried hyping up the AFCCG like a world title fight. I learned my lesson.

Pittsburgh should be hoping and praying that Jacksonville somehow matches up with the Pats in the divisional round.

• Upvote 2

I agree completely. The Jags have that interior pass rush that gives Brady fits and the running game to potentially keep the Pats offense on the sideline.

The trouble with the Jags is Bortles loves throwing picks... and not just any picks, but of the pick-6 variety. All the defense in the world means nothing if your QB gives up field position or literally points.

The trouble with the Jags is Bortles loves throwing picks... and not just any picks, but of the pick-6 variety. All the defense in the world means nothing if your QB gives up field position or literally points.

Right but if Bortles doesn't do this, I kinda agree with Phil. Jags could take them.

Pittsburgh doesn't have much of a chance if they get matched with NE in Foxborough.

Baltimore will be dangerous because of D/ST, but the only way that's going to matter is if the offense morphs into something competent starting next week.

Baltimore is our only hope to stopping the Pats in the AFC. Everyone else is a joke.

NFC side, Saints are the most complete team and right behind them is the Vikings.

Yeah all logic points to The Saints in the NFC. Drew Brees has everything in place this year for him. The best QB's he's gonna face are Cam, Ryan, and Goff. They have a running game and a defense and a pretty decent number 1 WR. They're gonna have to go on the road but this isn't the same Saints team that we're used to. They're physical.

Really New Orleans could be the only real chance we have at seeing the Pats win again if Jacksonville fails.

My Super Bowl Prediction before the season was :Pats::Giants: with the Patriots winningso that was over around Week 4.

I'll wait until after Sunday to make my new prediction.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Yeah all logic points to The Saints in the NFC. Drew Brees has everything in place this year for him. The best QB's he's gonna face are Cam, Ryan, and Goff. They have a running game and a defense and a pretty decent number 1 WR. They're gonna have to go on the road but this isn't the same Saints team that we're used to. They're physical.

Really New Orleans could be the only real chance we have at seeing the Pats win again if Jacksonville fails.

I think the Rams are really going to regret resting starters this Sunday, because if its ends up NO/LAR for the NFCCG- a scenario that I think its very likely to happen- the fact that they rested starters here will end up making the difference between homefield and not.

And the reffing the Saints get in the Superdome is homecooking, to say the least.

Although, different refs in the playoffs so there's that.

This is the first time in a long time there isn't one of these that we did prior to the season started that we can go and bump to see how the tides have changed. Anyhow, might as well throw in a prediction now.

I do remember a few summer shoutbox conversations where I had said it would be a :Seahawks: vs :Pats: rematch would happen assuming the Legion Of Boom would get to get be healthy again. Still possible and all but the Sherman and Chancellor loss makes the chances pretty slim. Three consecutive road wins would be brutal, especially against the Saints and/or Vikings.

I recall someone going with :Raiders: vs :Packers:(ATL I think) which made sense at the time.

John Clayton and a couple other NFL experts had a :Pats: vs :Falcons: rematch.

As for my post-Christmas prediction, I am really feeling a

:Saints: vs :Steelers::trophy:

Keep my name out of your mouth boy.

Unless you got the posts to show I said this, shut the fuck up.

He's not the only one who remembers it, son.