Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Rank Your Preferred Super Bowl Winners

This is an annual staple of playoff discussion 'round these parts. Who do you want to see lift the Lombardi? Who wouldn't you mind? Who must not win it at all costs?

1) :Eagles: Obviously.

2) :Rams: Love McVay, love Goff, love the way that roster is built.

3) :Chiefs: Would like to see Andy get a ring.

4) :Vikings: Nothing to root against, and it's about time someone broke the Super-Bowl-home-team thing, isn't it?

5) :Saints: Always liked Brees and Payton.

6) :Falcons: Would love to see them win it all after the way they blew it last year.

7) :Steelers: Shouldn't root for them to get a 7th Lombardi, but I gotta respect them.

8) :Pats: Have a soft spot for the Evil Empire.

9) :Bills: Meh. Would like to see Shady get a ring, though.

10) :jags: Blake Bortles can't win a ring. That's not fair.

11) :Titans: Meh.

12) :panthers: Fuck Cam Newton.

Overall, I really wouldn't be upset to see anybody win it this year.

Q614M8P.gif

:Steelers:

giphy.gif

:Bills:

:Rams:

:Chiefs:

:Saints:

:panthers:

:Vikings:

:Falcons:

ok.gif

:Titans:

:jags:

:Eagles:

giphy.gif

:Pats:

• Upvote 1

:Titans: - Fuck the rest

okay, in the incredibly likely event that the Titans don't win the Super Bowl, here's how I rank the others:

Rooting for:

1) :jags: - Great defense and a team that kinda came out of nowhere.

2) :Saints: - I like Brees and would be nice to see him get another ring before retiring

3) :Bills: - Going from huge playoff drought to winning the Super Bowl, who wouldn't root for that?

4) :Rams: - Lot of people made fun of the Rams hiring McVay since he was so young and unproven, would be great to see him win in his first year.

Indifferent to:

5) :Eagles: - Haven't won a Super Bowl and would make for an interesting story if Foles was able to win Philly's first Super Bowl

6) :Chiefs: - Guess Reid can get a ring, Alex Smith too

7) :Falcons: - Bounce back from last year's Super Bowl collapse

8) :Titans: Don't really know what to say, quite indifferent towards the Titans

9) :panthers: - Don't necessarily like Cam or Rivera, but prefer them over the last 3 teams

Rather not

10) :Steelers: - Don't want to see them getting their 7th Super Bowl

Rather have Yellowstone erupt

11) :Vikings: - No explanation neccesary

12) :Pats: - Fuck the Pats

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Favorites

:panthers: Obvious. Also Cam Newton gets so much unwarranted hate would love to see him win one just to shut them up.

:jags: Been my favorite AFC team for awhile, it was kinda cool that they mirrored the Panthers in 96-97 by having both second year teams go to their championship games.

Underdog Stories/No Lombardis

:Bills: Sean McDermott winning in his first year as a HC would be amazing.

:Rams: Love McVay and what he's done with this team.

:Eagles: Don't see it happening without Wentz, but would love this team to get their first trophy.

:Vikings: Same as with Philly. Also think their QB situation will sink them eventually.

:Titans: Don't really care too much about Tennessee but would like to see them get one.

The Meh Squad

:Chiefs: Don't really care about them either.

:Steelers: Wouldn't be really mad but they already have six rings, far rather have some of the teams in front get theirs, as the teams in front of them have no rings or haven't won a ring in a long time.

Please just no

:Pats: Really don't care to see Brady get yet another ring.

Division Rivals

:Saints: Fuck the Saints. I don't mind Drew Brees or the rookies but Cameron Jordan and his bitch ass that only talks after they win can go fuck himself.

:Falcons: Biggest choke job in major sports history last year and it would be funny as all hell if that happened again. Fuck Matt Ryan and also fuck their O-line and D-line, dirtiest fucking players in the sport, always playing past the whistle and then acting all offended when someone gets shoved.

Edited by Thanatos

Cool!

1. :Vikings:

2. :Bills:

Okay

3. :jags:

4. :Falcons:

5. :Rams:

Not Cool

6. :Saints:

7. :Eagles:

8. :Steelers:

9. :Chiefs:

I'd welcome the Heat Death of the Universe before this

10. :panthers:

11. :Titans:

12. :Pats:

Would be ecstatic for these teams:

I'm down

Booooooring

Ewww

Would rather have the stupid game cancelled if these horseshit scumbag lowlifes win and I have to watch them be happy. And might go out of my way to get a hit put out on Thanatos.

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 2

The one I want to win is obviously biased: :jags:

The ones I don't: Pats and Titans.

Tier 1: :Vikings::Rams::jags::Bills::Saints:

Vikings should probably be in their own tier as they are one of my preferred teams since the Chargers left. Normally, I wouldn't root for a LA team but the Rams winning could really fuck the Chargers up and Todd Gurley is one of my favorite players (yes even before he went god mode in fantasy). Bills are a true cinderella. Saints and Jags have some of my favorite players (Fournette, Yannick, Brees).

Tier 2: :panthers::Titans::Falcons:

Titans would be tier one if I wasn't harboring salt from Mariota's shit regular season performance...Panthers and Falcons are neutral really. But I do like how the Panthers are doing it with like 3 and a half running backs and one WR.

Tier 3: :Steelers::Pats::Eagles:

These teams are kinda meh factor now. I'd say the Eagles would have been tier 2 with Wentz.

Tier 4: :Chiefs:

The Vikings aren't in their own tier because I felt the Chiefs deserved to be in their own at the bottom. Hill & Peters, while good players, are shitlords and I don't like how the Chiefs cheese their way to wins half the time. Just can't root for them.

Tier 1

:Vikings::Saints::jags::Rams:

If any of these teams win I would consider it a win given the Ravens are not in play. The vikings because I love defensive teams, and happy to see Keenum endure what he has and win. The saints because Breesus. The Jags because I love worst to first. The Rams for the same reason.

Tier 2

:Bills::Falcons::Titans:

The Bills because of the drought, the only reason they are tier 2 is because I dont like their HC. Flacons because I am luke warm towards them. The Titans are only here because I dont hate them as much as the others.

Tier 3

:Chiefs::Eagles::panthers:

The Chiefs are here because I dont like Hill and Peters, I am finding I dont like Hunt much either. The Eagles are only this high because Stevo is cool and Sean doesnt always suck. I generally hate Phialdelphia fans for being assholes. The Panthers are here because I love defense but hate Cam Newton.

Tier 4

:Pats::Steelers:

The Patriots are only slightly more acceptable, but I loathe Tom Brady. I used to hate BB, but his greatness is undeniable. Steelers because I dont want Harbaugh to say we lost the division to SB champs, and it would make him look like shit. I also dont want tohear the "7 rings" "7 rings" when Ben retires and their shitcakes.

• Upvote 1

Fucking Duh

I love big D

Losers who I'd like for the memes

Alvin Kamara is overrated tier

Brady needs to win just to retire

Meh NFC south teams that shouldn't be in playoffs

Trash team of thugs that needs to get plastered

• Downvote 1

Kamara is overrated and the NFCS teams shouldn't be in the playoffs? What are you smoking there young Cherry?

• Upvote 1

Kamara's stats are super inflated due to how few touches he gets. Running behind a great Saints line and getting a bunch of easy dumpoff passes into the flat where he has 10 yards to work. That combined with only getting 10-15 touches a game makes it so he can just walk to stupid high YPC. Remember when everyone hyped up Kareem Hunt as a receiver? It'll die with increased workload & playoff defenses tightening up.

For clarification, I just hate the Panthers and Falcons, that's why I said that. :p

They're valid wild card teams, but I don't think either of them will have a shot at rings.

Kamara is so different than Hunt.

One of the cool things he does was explained by Kurt Coleman and it showed in the second meeting when he scored on 4th and goal against us.

Coleman said playing against him you have to wrap up, because Kamara kinda tricks you. Whichever side of his body is hit, he allows to go limp, while still keeping his feet moving, so he just bounces through tackles if you don't wrap him up.

He has had a lot of touches. I agree he probably won't average 7+ YPC going forward, that would be the record by a full two yards, but he's still an explosive back that is not only incredibly hard to bring down once you have your hands on him, but its also incredibly hard to get your hands on him in the first place.

Edited by Thanatos

FWIW, here's what PFF said about Kamara:

Kamara just gets edged out by Hunt for PFFs Offensive Rookie of the Year honors but that’s by no means a slight to him. The battle between him and Hunt was as close as Monday night’s Rose Bowl, and there are plenty of things you can point to if you wanted to make the case for Kamara. The rookie out of Tennessee ranks second among running backs in terms of overall grade, ninth in rushing grade and second in receiving grade – he was a true force with the ball in his hands this season, no matter how it got there. Kamara picked up a first down or touchdown on 34.2 percent of his carries this season – a rate that led all running backs – and he ranked second among backs with a stuff rate (a stuff is a run that goes for zero or fewer yards) of just 14.2 percent. The rookie completely revolutionized New Orleans’ offense once Adrian Peterson had departed, and he teamed up with Mark Ingram to give New Orleans arguably the most productive backfield in all of football this season.

Even if that's not totally accurate, I have a hard time calling a rookie who did what Kamara did this season overrated.

Edited by Sarge

Kamara is so different than Hunt.

One of the cool things he does was explained by Kurt Coleman and it showed in the second meeting when he scored on 4th and goal against us.

Coleman said playing against him you have to wrap up, because Kamara kinda tricks you. Whichever side of his body is hit, he allows to go limp, while still keeping his feet moving, so he just bounces through tackles if you don't wrap him up.

He has had a lot of touches. I agree he probably won't average 7+ YPC going forward, that would be the record by a full two yards, but he's still an explosive back that is not only incredibly hard to bring down once you have your hands on him, but its also incredibly hard to get your hands on him in the first place.

You got the link to Coleman saying that? That's interesting as hell.

I mean overrated relative to how media and typical fans view him. Fantasy stats dominate all, and averaging that kind of production makes a lot of Kamara's hype overblown. He's a great RB2 who is a bitch to deal with in space, but he's not nearly as valuable to NO as someone like Marshon Lattimore.

Edited by Chernobyl426

You got the link to Coleman saying that? That's interesting as hell.

I mean overrated relative to how media and typical fans view him. Fantasy stats dominate all, and averaging that kind of production makes a lot of Kamara's hype overblown. He's a great RB2 who is a bitch to deal with in space, but he's not nearly as valuable to NO as someone like Marshon Lattimore.

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/937461863905886208

Here is the article in question:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article187522248.html

And then this is the quote:

“What’s funny is, (Kamara) has a remarkable ability, but he’ll take a hit and he kind of goes limp to a side, but he keeps his balance with the other half of his body,” Coleman said. “It’s crazy, because guys just kind of fall off him. So he’s not like a 6-foot-5, 200-pound running back, but he’s breaking a lot of tackles with his elusiveness and his ability to kind of shake off tackles by going dead.”

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

I just want the Eagles to win and/or the Patriots not to win and I'm cool lol.

Also, as far as Kamara goes, I can see why you didn't love him coming out of school. He had a lot of injuries and there was a lot of unknowns but you can't be right about every player, Cherry. Kamara is a very very good RB.

Edited by seanbrock

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/937461863905886208

Here is the article in question:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article187522248.html

And then this is the quote:

“What’s funny is, (Kamara) has a remarkable ability, but he’ll take a hit and he kind of goes limp to a side, but he keeps his balance with the other half of his body,” Coleman said. “It’s crazy, because guys just kind of fall off him. So he’s not like a 6-foot-5, 200-pound running back, but he’s breaking a lot of tackles with his elusiveness and his ability to kind of shake off tackles by going dead.”

Same thing he did at Tennessee. His balance is absolutely insane, never seen anything like it.

Coleman identifying it is cool.

I've always felt that Coleman is a very cerebral player, I know he's not the best safety in the world, but mentally he's up there with the best of them. The issue is, even though he knows Kamara does things like this, he simply doesn't have the physical skill to bring him down 9/10 times, as Kamara did exactly this to Coleman in the second matchup. So he's good in the backfield because he can teach younger players who do have the physical skills to figure out how to do what Coleman can easily mentally identify.

Yes:

Jags

Chiefs

Ok:

Steelers

Vikings

Rams

Eh:

Falcons

Eagles

Rather not:

Saints