Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

PANTHERS FIRED MIKE SHULA

But, Mike Shula is like the 10th best offensive coordinator you've ever had. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are stunned that he hasn't had any looks for head coaching jobs. Well he's a free agent now!

• Upvote 1

Now all ya'll need is a play maker outside and probably a more traditional RB to compliment C-Mac and the Panthers offense might actually be dangerous. Oh and some oline help too. :D

• Upvote 1

Honestly, the only thing we need on Oline is a LT, and we're stuck with Kalil for 2018, so unless we see a really talented guy fall to us I wouldn't get one this year.

Norwell and Turner are great guards, Norwell is top-5 and Turner is top-15, and Daryl Williams just had an amazing year at RT, probably top-10 there at the least.

Kalil is old, but we have a somewhat serviceable replacement in Tyler Larsen, so again, unless a great prospect at C falls to us I see us sitting tight on that as well.

Definitely agree with a playmaker on the outside, (Jarvis Landry, maybe?), and a more traditional RB to compliment Cmac. Okay with either @ #24, or if an elite LT or C prospect falls to us there too.

On the defensive side of things, need a veteran corner and need to draft a safety and edge rusher.

Honestly, the only thing we need on Oline is a LT, and we're stuck with Kalil for 2018, so unless we see a really talented guy fall to us I wouldn't get one this year.

Norwell and Turner are great guards, Norwell is top-5 and Turner is top-15, and Daryl Williams just had an amazing year at RT, probably top-10 there at the least.

Kalil is old, but we have a somewhat serviceable replacement in Tyler Larsen, so again, unless a great prospect at C falls to us I see us sitting tight on that as well.

Definitely agree with a playmaker on the outside, (Jarvis Landry, maybe?), and a more traditional RB to compliment Cmac. Okay with either @ #24, or if an elite LT or C prospect falls to us there too.

On the defensive side of things, need a veteran corner and need to draft a safety and edge rusher.

Norwell is gonna be a Titan next year so go away.

• Upvote 1

That is a legit possibility, considering Kalil's contract we might lose Norwell. Depends on how much we're gonna have to give him and whether we think a guard is worth that much money.

Jarvis Landry is more of a slot guy and I'm not sure how good he would be outside. Probably still decent at least but he's gonna get paid so he better be more than just decent. I think the Panthers have options in the middle of the field in the passing game already. I think a guy with a lot of potential outside that won't break the bank is Brice Butler from Dallas. I don't agree with Skip Bayless on a lot but he's clearly better than Dez Bryant and should be starting. Inconsistent hands are the only thing that hold him back imo. Dude will make some crazy catches and drop the easy shit.

• Upvote 1

I think Ron will end up on the outs, too. He's not a bad coach, it's just a new owner will want to hire his own guy.

• Upvote 1

That could be a mistake if it ends up hurting the defense. Say what you want about River Boat Ron but the dude is a proven defensive guru. He came up under some real good coaches and played on those Buddy Ryan Bears defense. They have talent but man, the right coach to lead a defense can make a world of difference.

I don't think Ron is the kinda of coach that can win a SB unless everything goes right for him though.

All Cam really needed to do was fall on a fumble

*cue hissing*

I refuse to believe Cam did that because he was afraid of getting hurt. It doesn't make sense, Cam takes on too much contact literally the rest of his career. Maybe Denver just broke him that badly that game, but it does not fit with his track record.

Cam has thrown blocks for RBs, did so Sunday ironically enough. He has taken on 6-7 people and pushed them forwards. He has stiff-armed people, ran them over, played through a broken bone in his back. He is one tough SOB. And he has likely shortened his career by how much he invites hits, especially because the NFL doesn't seem to give two shits about it, (See: Denver vs Carolina, week 1, 2016 season, where there were at least four personal foul headshots to Cam and only one was called). The idea that he was suddenly afraid of being hurt just simply does not jive with Cam.

I think he was going to dive for it but realized he was going to overshoot the ball and land with his stomach on it- which he was, if you look at the play. I grant you it looks bad, but it simply does not fit with what we know of Cam.

Edited by Thanatos

RIP Ken Dorsey.

• Upvote 1

RIP Ken Dorsey.

He had to go. Cam's been in the league seven years and still has major footwork issues. Someone should have coached him out of that by now.

Norv Turner hired. Thana GLAD.

This thread goes down as one of the best fan reactions to a coach/coordinator firing in TGP history, right up there with some Ravens fan (was it Ngata?) when they fired Cam Cameron.

• Upvote 1

Norv Turner hired. Thana GLAD.

WHERE IS THIS NEWS

I see Norv Turner finalizing deal, but nothing is certain yet. Don't play with my heart Sarge.

Edited by Thanatos

Norv has a long history of being a good OC. Not a good recent history, but honestly I love giving him a shot, see what he can do with Cam Newton.

People said the same thing about Sean McDermott.

Plus, if he does bad, they'll get rid of him when they get rid of Rivera with the new ownership.

And let's not forget that the last job he had... He voluntarily (or maybe not) stepped down as OC because he said he was holding back the Vikings offense. His play calling is (or was) extremely predictable. Opponents knew the play call about as well as he did.

Shula was shit, so I am assuming Norv is going to be an improvement -- but I am not quite sure how much of an improvement.

They still have Emo $cam so I'm not sure any OC can save him. Or save him from a team with no viable weapons outside of McCaffery and a healthy Olsen.

I am seriously disappointed Charles. Your trolling used to be something I could differentiate from Phil's misguided attempts at it. Now its no longer the case. If you're going to try to troll me to get a reaction, you're going to have to do a lot better than that.

And let's not forget that the last job he had... He voluntarily (or maybe not) stepped down as OC because he said he was holding back the Vikings offense. His play calling is (or was) extremely predictable. Opponents knew the play call about as well as he did.

Shula was shit, so I am assuming Norv is going to be an improvement -- but I am not quite sure how much of an improvement.

Like I said, if he's complete shit, he's gone with the new owner along with Ron in a year. Not really worried. Dude was a great OC for a long time before he wasn't good the last few years.

Worked out for us the last time we were told someone was a bad coordinator.

It's official now, by the way.

• Upvote 1