Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Saints @ Vikings

People act like it was a foregone conclusion that he'd have kept Diggs from getting out of bounds. It wasn't. I think we get a chance at the field goal, worst case scenario

Edited by BwareDWare94

People act like it was a foregone conclusion that he'd have kept Diggs from getting out of bounds. It wasn't. I think we get a chance at the field goal, worst case scenario

If he plays that right, there's no chance Diggs would have been able to get out of bounds.

I hate Sean Payton so much... lol

If he plays that right, there's no chance Diggs would have been able to get out of bounds.

You can't say that 100% lol

The better team won--that's what matters

Ya, you can. Diggs is in the air and around 5 yards in bounds, should be easy to hit him back and he lands in bounds. If Williams doesn't lower his head and shoulder to deliver a hit and just wraps his legs. Either Diggs goes backwards or folds over Williams in which they fall down and he wouldn't get the ball out of bounds. I wouldn't say they were better by any means, if anything this game showed it's a game of inches and between two really good teams, it comes down to the little things. Luck plays a big factor too. Let's not forget about the illegal shift taking a TD off the board and then Griffen tipping the ball with his back to Brees. You keep pretending the Vikes are superior to everyone and they have to play down to lose though. Then when Cox destroys that o-line next week, you can be all depressed in the shout box some more.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

The illegal shift was an illegal shift, and tipped passes happen. The Diggs TD was the only bit of luck that occurred yesterday for either team.

Did I say it wasn't an illegal shift? No, just saying they were lucky the Saints rushed a bit too fast and that cost them a TD. Batted passes happen but can you seriously say that Griffen makes that play consistently? No chance in hell he makes that play 5 times out of 10. It was a great play but there was quite a bit of luck involved with that.

I understand what you mean, then. The blocked punt and missed FG factor into luck too, then.

What I basically mean is that these uncommon plays do happen almost every week in the regular season, whereas walk off TDs are quite rare and had never actually happened in a playoff game. Pure, 100% luck whereas these other instances are things we see happen somewhat regularly. See what I'm saying, then?

FTR, it's amazing that it took a freak Griffin no look play for there to be a single batted pass yesterday with 2 relatively tiny QBs. 6' is so small at that position.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Oh for sure, there's luck involved in those situations and plenty of other plays as well. Just like Snead just overthrowing Kamara for a TD/big gain. But as you said, those are uncommon plays but they do happen enough.

I would say the only 2 freak plays in that game were the tip and the walk off TD. The ability/luck to have his hand right in the ball's flightpath while having his back turned to Brees was pretty crazy and game changing seeing as the Saints were in the redzone. In a game between 2 great teams that I would say are fairly even, that's all it takes to get the win. Which is why I think games like this one really magnifies how big the little things become in a highly contested matchup. It's a cliche, but football is really a game of inches at times. If that makes sense.

Thomas Moorestead (Saints Punter) is becoming a Vikings fan favorite. He played through that game with some torn rib cartilage and chose to came back onto the field after that crazy final play... and lined up as a DT on the XP attempt.

Viking fans have donated $80k so far to his charity.. Moorestead has turned around and said he will donate all of that money to a hospital in Minnesota which helps kids be kids as they go through various treatments and medical procedures. He also promised to fly up to Minnesota during the SB to personally deliver the check if it reaches $100k.

So very cool. Great story and stuff the NFL needs to focus on.

Can you imagine trying to punt a football, go through the actual correct punting motion with a broken rib (full extension of ball in your hand, drop at lowest point, kick low to the ground, kick through the ball to head height?

Jesus Christ what a warrior.

Thomas Moorestead (Saints Punter) is becoming a Vikings fan favorite. He played through that game with some torn rib cartilage and chose to came back onto the field after that crazy final play... and lined up as a DT on the XP attempt.

Viking fans have donated $80k so far to his charity.. Moorestead has turned around and said he will donate all of that money to a hospital in Minnesota which helps kids be kids as they go through various treatments and medical procedures. He also promised to fly up to Minnesota during the SB to personally deliver the check if it reaches $100k.

So very cool. Great story and stuff the NFL needs to focus on.

Was looking at him myself after rewatching that play a billion times. All the respect in the world for Morstead.