#61 Packers Dynasty 2010

Packers Dynasty 2010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Wisconsin Badgers
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Oh for sure, there's luck involved in those situations and plenty of other plays as well. Just like Snead just overthrowing Kamara for a TD/big gain. But as you said, those are uncommon plays but they do happen enough.

I would say the only 2 freak plays in that game were the tip and the walk off TD. The ability/luck to have his hand right in the ball's flightpath while having his back turned to Brees was pretty crazy and game changing seeing as the Saints were in the redzone. In a game between 2 great teams that I would say are fairly even, that's all it takes to get the win. Which is why I think games like this one really magnifies how big the little things become in a highly contested matchup. It's a cliche, but football is really a game of inches at times. If that makes sense.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010, 15 January 2018 - 05:02 PM.

giphy.gif

#62 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 45,860 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

POPULAR

Thomas Moorestead (Saints Punter) is becoming a Vikings fan favorite. He played through that game with some torn rib cartilage and chose to came back onto the field after that crazy final play... and lined up as a DT on the XP attempt. 

Viking fans have donated $80k so far to his charity.. Moorestead has turned around and said he will donate all of that money to a hospital in Minnesota which helps kids be kids as they go through various treatments and medical procedures. He also promised to fly up to Minnesota during the SB to personally deliver the check if it reaches $100k.

So very cool. Great story and stuff the NFL needs to focus on.

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

knowledge.

#63 BwareDWare94

BwareDWare94

Rediscover/all the color/in the grey

• Global Moderators
  • 13,204 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): North Dakota State Bison
  • NFL Team: Vikings

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Thomas Moorestead (Saints Punter) is becoming a Vikings fan favorite. He played through that game with some torn rib cartilage and chose to came back onto the field after that crazy final play... and lined up as a DT on the XP attempt. 

Viking fans have donated $80k so far to his charity.. Moorestead has turned around and said he will donate all of that money to a hospital in Minnesota which helps kids be kids as they go through various treatments and medical procedures. He also promised to fly up to Minnesota during the SB to personally deliver the check if it reaches $100k.

Can you imagine trying to punt a football, go through the actual correct punting motion with a broken rib (full extension of ball in your hand, drop at lowest point, kick low to the ground, kick through the ball to head height?

Jesus Christ what a warrior. 

bands-forigen-ireland-dublin-the-script-

#64 RazorStar

RazorStar

Hatred Outlives the Hateful

• Administrators
  • 37,690 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Auburn Tigers
  • NFL Team: Broncos

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:07 AM

POPULAR

2018-01-18-SaintsChoke.png

Warning, Opinions may be included.
GAYoPrg.png

#65 Thanatos

Thanatos

Byrd is the word

• Members
  • 10,370 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Auburn, Clemson, Louisville
  • NFL Team: Panthers

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

Was looking at him myself after rewatching that play a billion times. All the respect in the world for Morstead.

Warning, Opinions may be included.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Divisional Round, 1/14, 4:40 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users