Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Divisional Round White Hats

Discuss your impressions of the tendencies of head officials from each game and whether or not you're happy with the NFL's selections.

Falcons @ Eagles

Head Official: Bill Vinovich

Tendencies: Vinovich's crews often call the least amount of penalties, and this season was an excellent example, with multiple games with less than 10 penalties and a by-game average over 3 flags less than the next lowest crew

NFL Selection Grade: A++++++++++++++++++

Titans @ Patriots

Head Official: Ron Torbert

Tendencies: Third highest amount of penalties per game average, but Torbert is not a Carl Cheffers/Jerome Boger type who makes each call about himself and won't mishandle personal fouls or heated situations. Still, it's ridiculous to have the lowest average in game and one of the highest averages in the next.

NFL Section Grade: C

Jaguars @ Steelers

Head Official: Brad Allen

Tendencies: his crews don't call a lot of penalties, but they call significantly more DPI, Defensive Holding, or Illegal Contact penalties than the league average and that needs to change this weekend or the league will have significant and obvious differences in how games are called in one weekend.

NFL Selection Grade: B

Saints @ Vikings

Head Official: Gene Steratore

Tendencies: Another high penalty official and this could ruin this game if they throw too many flags. However, he protects QBs well and doesn't show favoritism in that regard so I don't think we'll be seeing any cheap shots on Brees or Keenum. That being said, why have 4 very different officials this weekend? This could be bad.

NFL Selection Grade: B-

Edited by BwareDWare94

200.gif

Saints @ Vikings
Head Official: Gene Steratore
Tendencies: Another high penalty official and this could ruin this game if they throw too many flags. However, he protects QBs well and doesn't show favoritism in that regard so I don't think we'll be seeing any cheap shots on Brees or Keenum. That being said, why have 4 very different officials this weekend? This could be bad.
NFL Selection Grade: B-

These officials from these first two weekends should be the ones on rotation

Pretty sure Torbert is the same dude who had no idea how fumbles work in the Pit/Ten game earlier this year.

Not a fan of Steratore?

The call was neither here nor there with me.

What made me mad is how this cunt made this moment all about him in the final moments of the game with his smug look and bullshit folded paper.

He can go fuck himself into oblivion.

Torbert or Steratore will probably be the super bowl Ref.

Oh dear god no. It needs to be Vinovich

Yeah. Looks like I'll have to take a personal trip to Minny and take care of business.

• Downvote 1

The call was neither here nor there with me.

What made me mad is how this cunt made this moment all about him in the final moments of the game with his smug look and bullshit folded paper.

He can go fuck himself into oblivion.

Lmao first time I've seen this. what a fucking joke NFL is turning into WWE.

Typical keyboard warriors, taking one piece of information and running a marathon with it. The index card was hilariously bad, but Steratore is a pretty good ref all things considered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Typical keyboard warriors, taking one piece of information and running a marathon with it. The index card was hilariously bad, but Steratore is a pretty good ref all things considered.

Agreed, Steratore is a fine choice for ref.

He's my second favorite behind Vinovich.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1