Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Conservative/Liberal/Libertarian--Your Favorite Personalities

Who are your favorite personalities from the 3 primary sides of our political spectrum?

Liberal

John Stewart--he has the ability to maintain his liberal perspectives while not falling off the cliff completely and becoming a Bernie Sanders-esque catch phrase garden gnome sitting on somebody's lawn, yelling a recorded snippet of the latest radical liberal cause.

Bill Maher--he just has a way of cutting through the bullshit on certain issues. I don't agree with him on a lot of things but I do appreciate his willingness to acknowledge the issues with Islam world wide as well as the way he called out our PC culture in a recent monologue after Trump was elected.

Heidi Heitkamp--she's one of North Dakota's Senators and she has a long history of actually getting shit done in politics because of her willingness to cross party lines and stand firmly on certain issues that are important to North Dakotans. Quite frankly, I just have a great deal of respect for her and hope she's a Senator until she wants to retire.

Sarah Silverman--I really don't find her all that funny, but recently I appreciated something she did as a part of her I Love You, America series. She actively and firmly stated that after diving into the belly of the beast and meeting Trump voters, she came to realize that she quite liked many of those people, and that perhaps there are fewer things that divide us than we realize. In our day and age where celebrities have a great deal of pull, it was very important to me that a liberal personality acknowledged that all Trump voters aren't Lucifer in the flesh.

Conservative

Mike Rowe--I don't know for sure whether he's conservative on social issues, but Rowe has stood firmly behind the fact that there are jobs available in this country, good jobs that people are actively choosing not to pursue. It seems his purpose as a political personality is to break down stupidity. Recently somebody attacked him claiming he was "anti-education" and "anti-science" and he just eviscerated the dumb bitch in his response, literally proving her attack wrong with ease. I love that he responds to people, too. Rowe has a humility about him that is easy to connect with, and he just seems like a regular dude, and he pulls it off with ease.

Ben Shapiro--whatever you feel about his stances on transgenderism and gender dysphoria, Shapiro firmly believes in his conservative values and he can absolutely destroy just about anybody in a debate. The guy is flat out brilliant, and I have a tendency to gravitate toward individuals who are willing to stand behind unpopular opinions and are able to both, a. cite sources and b. constructively and respectfully debate those issues with people who disagree with them. Shapiro will engage in debates without resorting to personal insults, which quite often get thrown back at him, and yet he repeatedly gets called morally corrupt and indecent. It's utterly confusing.

Libertarian

Joe Rogan--Rogan is so unbelievably comfortable in his own skin, and his ability to stand by his beliefs and debate respectfully with others say a great deal about his character. It's easy to find yourself agreeing with Rogan, but when you do disagree, the way he presents his point of view almost prevents you from having a negative reaction to him, himself. His podcast is phenomenal and something we all should be listening to in order to as a part of developing our political opinions as well study his demeanor in debate and heated moments, because he does a great job of remaining respectful for the most part.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I used to like Bill Maher but he has been such an insufferable cunt lately. I was in the same boat with Sarah Silverman for a while but I might have to check out that series you mentioned. I was just so turned off by these people being all over Hillary. I mean, I can see if you thought she was the lesser of two evils but to be excited about the prospect of her as president is just something that anyone who is remotely politically conscious should not have been. I just wish they would have said, "yeah she's a stain on our political system and the representation of everything wrong with politics in the US but Trump is just too bad to elect." I would disagree with that but I could understand and respect that kind of honesty.

Let's be clear, Trump has been a disaster, as I knew he would be but we don't have TPP. He's not a very effective POTUS like Bush was (Bush did whatever he wanted) and people are actually resisting him. The left would have defended every horrible thing Hillary did just like they did Obama and the country would be way worse off. I think now there's at least a chance we get a president that represents us in 4 years.

Bill Maher is kind of a fake intellectual on some topics. He doesn't quite seem willing to grow and listen, but he's the closest thing to it on the very liberal side of our political spectrum.

I'd like to add Canadian Psychologist Jordan Peterson to my Liberal list. He vehemently defended free speech in the wake of Canadian bill C-16, which mandated compelled usage of all the made up gender pronouns (Xe and Xer and other dumb shit like that), and refusal to do constituted hate speech lolololol. If we think we're fucked up from a political correctness standpoint, Canada is twice as bad.

Also look up the Lindsay Shepherd controversy in regard to Peterson

Edited by BwareDWare94