Vin

Jags @ Patriots

The Pats did worse than Ramsey did multiple times on the prior drive.

Call.

It.

Both.

Ways.

The Patriots have been flagged once all damn game. I know the league is looking at significant financial losses if Tom Brady doesn't play in the Super Bowl but for fuck's sake don't make it so obvious

:panic:

1 penalty on New England all game. Iffy calls on Jacksonville all game. Yes, it's a problem. Yes, it's fishy. Fucking garbage. And Clete Blakeman and his crew just went along with being directed to favor one team.

Ramsey climbed Brandin Cooks like a tree, that was definitely a penalty.

Losing a game.

:rog:

Losing a game while knocking out one of the best players in the league.

:rog: :rog:

Losing a game while knocking out one of the best players in the league and being up by ten points in the 4th quarter.

:rog: :rog: :rog:

Losing a game while knocking out one of the best players in the league and being up by ten points in the 4th quarter while not turning the ball over.

:rog: :rog: :rog: :rog:

metalgearsolid4it'sallsofuckinghysterical.mp3

Also, TIL:

This is a flag

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/955188757753421824

This is not a flag

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/status/955208740982181889

The other times that Marcedes gets mugged on 3rd down are also not penalties. These are good things to know.

Edited by Vin

It was a good year. Got farther than 14 other teams in the conference so I'll take it from where we were expected to go during the preseason (which was nowhere). We played good today, we just didn't play cheating-good. Fine by me. Future is bright! Go :jags: !

Edited by Sparty

That was some fishy shit. You guys got fucked over

Also, Than, I love you, but I'm gonna need you to stop harshing my vibe.

First, the Jags have been trash for the better part of a decade. Our last winning season was also the last time we made the playoffs in '07 (I'd still argue that that team was also trash, but that's because of my personal biases moreso than anything actually factual). We've had three winning seasons since the the turn of the 21st century. We finally had our first good season in forever, and you've gotta be all, "Well, actually..." I'd get it if you were a fan of another team in the AFC South, but you're not. It hurts. :fbm: Given our track record, it's entirely possible that we win a grand total of two games next season (No one saw this season happening. The pendulum can just as easily swing the other way next season), so let some of us enjoy this while it's here.

Secondly, no one cares if the Pats actually did nothing wrong.

They didn't

. There is zero need for any sort of partiality when it comes to them. "Fuck Tom." "Fuck Bill." "Fuck the entire Patriots organization." Those are the only things that should be said anytime the Patriots are brought up.

Edited by Vin

I think that is Vin's longest post in TGP history. You should be ashamed of yourself Thanatos.

Also, Than, I love, but I'm gonna need you to stop harshing my vibe.

First, the Jags have been trash for the better part of a decade. Our last winning season was also the last time we made the playoffs in '07 (I'd still argue that that team was also trash, but that's because of my personal biases moreso than anything actually factual). We've had three winning seasons since the the turn of the 21st century. We finally had our first good season in forever, and you've gotta be all, "Well, actually..." I'd get it if you were a fan of another team in the AFC South, but you're not. It hurts. :fbm: Given our track record, it's entirely possible that we win a grand total of two games next season (No one saw this season happening. The pendulum can just as easily swing the other way next season), so let some of us enjoy this while it's here.

Secondly, no one cares if the Pats actually did nothing wrong.

They didn't

. There is zero need for any sort of partiality when it comes to them. "Fuck Tom." "Fuck Bill." "Fuck the entire Patriots organization." Those are the only things that should be said anytime the Patriots are brought up.

No one was rooting for the Jags more than me except you Jags fans. I was pacing back and forth watching the game in the 4th quarter. Wanted them to win so bad.

Like I said, Jacksonville is my 2nd favorite team.

But just so we're entirely clear:

Fuck Tom Brady, Fuck Bill Belichek and fuck the entire Patriots organization.

• Upvote 1

Also I will admit I was wrong on the DPI on Bouye in the late 2nd quarter, watching it several more times, it does seem like good defensive coverage more than DPI. Still think he should get his head around sooner, but that's not required for it not to be DPI.

Edited by Thanatos

I actually agree with the DPI call on Bouye, he used both arms to force Cooks out of bounds without even trying to figure out where the ball was. It's a borderline call, but I don't think that makes it necessarily wrong. Now the second one Vin posted, yeah, that could have been DPI too. It's another close call, but however you're gonna call it you gotta call it the same for both teams.

Also while I understand why they called him down as it sure looked like that way live, when Myles Jack actually gets possession he is no longer being touched by Lewis. I don't think he would have scored given the Patriots players stopped playing, but he certainly would have had 15-20 more yards which could have given the Jags enough to get into FG range.

I'm sure that's a coincidence.

I think that is Vin's longest post in TGP history. You should be ashamed of yourself Thanatos.

:lol:

Overall, the NFL sucks anyway. They probably wont get a deal done with the NFLPA in a couple years, so this is pretty much a soon-to-be-dead league anyway, so it is what it is. I just don't see them getting a deal done and with the way the ratings are crashing, so will their offers to get programming in and that will be the nail in the coffin. I heard Vince McMahon might get the XFL back, so at least that'll be fun, lol.

Definitely thought Gilmore basically used the receiver to jump and get the ball on that last 4th down. I was surprised they didn't call that because it seemed like it knocked the receiver completely out of the play.

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

They didn't call it because they were instructed not to call anything on New England before the game

• Upvote 2

Blame the refs all you want, folks. Jacksonville had a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

This is a really long Twitter thread but worth it:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/955454941073731584

Holy God. I've seen better play calling in high school games. That is some seriously bad situational awareness.

Edited by BigBen07

Jax is utterly stupid and it starts with the coaching.

Why in God's name with 2 timeouts and 55 seconds left in the first half are you taking knees?

Why are you calling Todd Downing-esque plays WITH A LEAD that consists of run up the middle the first two downs and then put the pressure on Bortles late in the 4th?

I do not understand why teams go complete retard against the Pats with a lead it's disgusting.

Jags defense was gassed at the end of the game due to the complete ineptitude of coaching staff. Your strength now turns into a weakness against the GOAT with time on the clock.

Fuck the Jags and fuck that joke of a coaching staff.

Also.

Get Bortles the fuck out of there and get a real QB. When it mattered, I saw Bortles step into pressure as if he was Big Ben and was just going to shrug off multiple Pat defenders coming his way.

That PD by Gilmore was great, but if you make the right throw you at least give your receiver a chance. You are getting paid 17 milly to make those throws. Get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

Jags were running on 1st down the entire game. Run, pass, pass was a frequent occurrence. Only thing I can't tell is if they mixed in some I-form runs with shotgun.

Jags runs on 1st down in the 1st half: 9 (8, if you don't count a run on 1st down that was called back due to penalty)

Passes on 1st down: 4

Jags runs on 1st down in the 2nd half: 10

Passes on 1st down: 5

None of this matters if we get first downs. We didn't. It is what it is. :shrug:

Also.

However, Bortles made it through 12 quarters of playoff football without a single turnover. There were some breaks in there for sure, but the fact is the 2017 Jaguars are the first team in NFL history to go three games without a giveaway in a single postseason

:welp:

Edited by Vin