Vin

Vikings @ Eagles

Utter embarrassment. I don't even feel anything anymore. I just don't care.

I was told the NFL had already scripted it for Vikings/Patriots, so I am waiting on this comeback that is about to happen.

Not even worried, it's already been settled.

• Upvote 1

I was told the NFL had already scripted it for Vikings/Patriots, so I am waiting on this comeback that is about to happen.

Not even worried, it's already been settled.

Nope, somebody leaked it so the NFL had to switch it up

2nd and goal? Throw a back shoulder fade against the opposing team's best CB to your WR that has 3 broken bones in his back.

Shurmur is coaching to get out of Minnesota and to work in New York. Seriously

38 points given up by the #1 defense vs the freaking Foles-led Eagles.

Go home Minnesota, you're drunk.

:mjlaugh:

Good luck to the Eagles in a couple weeks. You hold the hopes and dreams of the entire nation in your hands.

Good luck to the Eagles and Eagles fans in two weeks. I'm sorry we couldn't give you a better game. I'm sorry our coaching staff disrespected Nick Foles so much that they didn't even gameplan to take advantage of his weaknesses. I'm sorry that our defense forgot how to defense these past two games at the slightest adversity. I'm sorry my favorite franchise got so hung up on a miracle play that they choked away and opportunity to represent the NFC on their home field.

I'm sorry that the :Vikings: wasted the time of the :Eagles: and football fans around the league. I'm sorry.

We need to acknowledge right this instant that Doug Pederson and his staff have already become one of the 5 best coaching staffs in the league. Remember when he got hired and we all said "who?" Doug Pederson is the guy who coached the team that just bitch-slapped an entire conference and is going to give Tom Brady and Bill Belichick one hell of a fight two Sundays from now.

That this NFC Championsip game was horrible is a small tragedy compared to the fact that fans are denied Wentz vs. Brady, which in my opinion would have been the passing of the torch. It still might be a passing of the torch--one dominant franchise finally giving up the ghost as another that has been managed and coached beautifully over the past two seasons begins its trek of dominance.

The Eagles might lose the Super Bowl in 2 weeks, but I truly do believe we're watching the beginning of the next stretch of dominance in the NFL. As the Patriots relinquish their hold, the Eagles are going take over.

• Upvote 1

what a shit Superbowl. Anyone excited for this matchup? The Pats have this one EASILY IMO. The EASIEST superbowl they'll ever win.

• Downvote 2

Eagles have thrived being the under dogs up to this point and they will have to tap into that once again in two weeks. If that defense plays like it did tonight and if Nick Foles can play like that again? They have it in the bag. The Jags nearly won because of the great pressure they were getting on brady for like.. 3/4 of the game. The Eagles have the players to do that for 4 quarters... If anything, don't bring the heat until later, because I think the Jags just got worn down and couldn't bring it when they needed it most.

Eagles have thrived being the under dogs up to this point and they will have to tap into that once again in two weeks. If that defense plays like it did tonight and if Nick Foles can play like that again? They have it in the bag. The Jags nearly won because of the great pressure they were getting on brady for like.. 3/4 of the game. The Eagles have the players to do that for 4 quarters... If anything, don't bring the heat until later, because I think the Jags just got worn down and couldn't bring it when they needed it most.

That is exactly what happened. The Jags couldn't get pressure on Brady late game. Now part of that is the refs are going to let a lot more slip by as far as offensive holding goes in the playoffs, but part of it was the Jags ran out of gas.

Phew, what a game. I have so many thoughts, but for now, suffice it to say the Eagles played full throttle all across the roster, and the Vikings...did not.

We're going to give the Patriots everything we have, and maybe we'll win, maybe we won't, but I'm going to enjoy the ride and the hype the next few weeks. What a season.

I see a vikings win and it probably wont be close.

:unsure:

I'm gonna hate the Eagles forever if they end up getting blown out in two weeks.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif Edited by Vin

Crazy as it sounds I don't think Brady has ever looked better. Some of the throws he made against a great defense in the AFCCG we're just perfect. This is gonna be tough but like JD said, the Eagles have a pass rush rotation that keeps them fresh for 4 quarters a lot like the Giants had when they shocked the Pats in the 18-1 season.

Strahan had an incredible stat that before the game. The Eagles have allowed no points in the final two minutes of any game this year. Wow, the Pats could roll here but I don't see it.

Gunning for the NFC as I always do if it isn't the Bears or Packers.

Props to the Eagles. I think the game is closer if it's at Minnesota, but in general Pederson outschemed us in every imaginable way. They were making some great defenders look very pedestrian all game.

Im offended that youd root for the Pats over the Packers. Lol

Im offended that youd root for the Pats over the Packers. Lol

There are unique circumstances. I'd root for Aaron Rodgers (I actually really like Rodgers) over Brady any day, especially in the Super Bowl. I don't hate the Patriots nearly as much as some of you do, but I hate the Patriots dickriding that goes on with media and fans.

I wanted the Packers to beat the Steelers as well because I had some pretty obnoxious friends who incessantly boasted about the Steelers.

If you want to feel even worse about the Vikings next year, look at their home and away opponents. We're going to have a brutal schedule.

We

need

a

quarterback

It's that simple. Shore up the QB position and let's move forward.

He's not my favorite QB but I want in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes. Imagine him with Thielen and Diggs.

Yeah if we could seduce a guy like Cousins I think it'd work well. I'm a little iffy on free agent QBs but who knows? If we invest in a line and put him behind it, with our defense, we could be set.

Reflecting on last night, the one conclusion I keep coming to is that the Eagles played (considering coaching, preparation, and execution) just about the best game they could have, and the Vikings played the worst game they could have. We definitely didn't get Minnesota's best shot, but you still have to credit the Eagles for making it difficult for the guys in purple.

And as some of you are already diving into, Minnesota's QB situation is suddenly very intriguing going into the offseason. Do you bring Keenum back, take a chance on Bridgewater, or target someone else via free agency/trade?

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

I want them to trade up in the draft and target Mayfield, assuming Allen is off the board. We have a murderer's row schedule next year. If our quarterback play is Keenum level or worse, we're looking at 8-8 give or take 2 wins or losses.