Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Super Bowl 52: Who Are You Rooting For?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• New England Patriots
    • Philadelphia Eagles

Simple enough question. I feel the results should be interesting this year, with two teams that are generally hated by the masses. Who will you be rooting for on Super Sunday?

Eagles all the way. The Steelers need to be the only team with 6.

Pls do it, Philly. Pls. :(

Fly, Eagles Fly.

Is anyone on this board rooting for the Pats besides Pats fans and maybe a few NFC East fans? I think even BLUE would root against the Patriots.

Yea, I knew this was going be lopsided.

I don't hate the Pats... But if anyone wins as much as they do, I am going to root against them. It's just the nature of sports. I used this comparison before, but NASCAR really sucked when JJ won 7 of 11 titles... Longest fucking decade ever and I couldn't get through it without just not caring about the sport anymore.

Not insinuating the same thing will happen with the NFL as I grew up on it.. But the point remains the same.That level of dominance sucks for the sport IMO... Unless you are a fan of that team. Obviously if this was the Packers we were talking about I would give no shits. lmao.

After last season, I truly feel the Patriots have given us everything they can in terms of entertainment in Super Bowls. I guess. Maybe... I suppose they could give us a blowout loss. That'd be very entertaining and would DEFINITELY complete the list for good.

Here's an interesting question and I don't mean this in a degrading way to this Eagles team because they have talent and a heck of a coaching staff... But would losing to Doug Pederson and Nick Foles hurt the legacy of Hoodie and Brady?

Who you root for is irrelevant. Everyone's betting Eagles to Cover or win

Pats should win in a blow out.

Foles is the next Ferragamo/Kaepernick.

39-13

Most points the Pats have won a SB by under B/B is six. They don't blow teams out in SBs, even if they should on paper.

Yea, I knew this was going be lopsided.

Man, I wasn't sure. The Philly hate is strong on TGP and elsewhere (and let's be real--that's not unreasonable). It just goes to show how hated teams get when they sustain success. I would argue that the Patriots are actually likable if you take away the fact that they win all the damn time. A hilariously grumpy coach with a no-nonsense approach, always building teams intelligently.

All of that said I'm thrilled TGP is finally united on the Eagles bandwagon this one (and only) time.

Here's an interesting question and I don't mean this in a degrading way to this Eagles team because they have talent and a heck of a coaching staff... But would losing to Doug Pederson and Nick Foles hurt the legacy of Hoodie and Brady?

Not at all, in my eyes. The Patriots have the greatest dynasty in sports history already, and I don't think it's even close.

Is anyone on this board rooting for the Pats besides Pats fans and maybe a few NFC East fans? I think even BLUE would root against the Patriots.

What????

I have no reason to hate the Pats and the Iggles are right there with the Phillies as my most hated team in all of sports ...

• Upvote 1

If the Pats lose it won't be to Foles and Pederson. It will be to Schwartz, the Eagles defense, the oline, the backs, receivers and TE's, special teams, Foles and Pederson.

The Eagles have incredible balance. They can defend the run and pass. Without Wentz they're not as dynamic in offense but they can line up and beat you with the running game and Foles is good enough to where if you take away the run he can beat you.

Can you imagine how insufferable EDP would be if the Eagles won the super bowl?

Patriots are the good guys here. Go Tom Brady, beat them with your nanobubbles.

I wanted the jags from since the playoffs started to be here but I'm ok with the pats. We are witnessing sports history.

tread lightly bitch

landscape-1487698418-ezgifcom-video-to-g

• Upvote 2

I'm rooting Eagles. Mainly because like the rest of the world (minus Pats fans) i'm sick of NE winning the superbowl. The Jaguars gave me hope that the Pats could be stopped only to choke it away, and the Vikings made it all the way to the NFC Championships before remembering they were the Vikings and then promptly regressed into a highschool team one game away from achieving the first ever homefield superbowl.So now the Eagles are my only hope to stop the Belichek/Brady Juggernaut from winning yet another title. Therefore all I can say is "Go Philly!"

Edited by Jayrus

landscape-1487698418-ezgifcom-video-to-g

Why do you hate the Eagles so much? Does it remind you of how many times you've hopped bandwagons only to see your ex-team do good and your current team go down the drain?

What????

I have no reason to hate the Pats and the Iggles are right there with the Phillies as my most hated team in all of sports ...

I wasn't sure, I just thought you hated the Patriots for some reason.

See you in two days. Hope this break helps you find 'enlightenment'.

Can we please just make that permanent?

Lol oh please..I'm the only enlightened one here. You just did that to be a weenie.

If we were at a table and I made that anti Brady joke. You wouldn't get all huffy and leave and say we couldn't be friends anymore.That would just be stupid.

I'm the only enlightened one here because I don't cry like a pc,SJW over trivial things that in reality, harmed no one.

This thread hasn't even moved in 2 days.

There's no activity here and you get all huffy over a single typed word joke?

Have I nice day. I love you too.

Phil, this is not 'Nam, this is TGP. There are rules.

• Upvote 1

You wouldn't get all huffy and leave and say we couldn't be friends anymore.

How do you lose friends you don't have ?

What's nam?

Pointless ,silly, pc, sjw rules.

I cracked a joke.Nothing wrong or bad happened. No one was harmed.

Phil, my friend, you're entering a world of pain.

• Upvote 1

How do you expect to make friends when you think it's normal to have fights with other adults on school playgrounds?

You're like a real life Homer Simpson

I would beat the hell out of anybody whose friend my kids, so you can say whatever you want man, but in the end we know all of your stuff comes from a place of pain. I am sorry for whoever hurt you, I'm sure it's some point in your life before you became a miserable lump of nothing, you are worth defending as well. Especially as a young child, rest assured even a young moronic Phil, I would have defended where he an eight-year-old boy, with a man in his mid-30s bearing down on him in a threatening manner.

As for your expertise, when it becomes a necessary life skill to see if you can fit your whole head, within the parameters of your rectum, then we'll call you buddy.

Pain? I'm not the one crying over a single word. I'm bringing the pain obviously because I'm hurting you with superior intellect.independant thought frightens you.You wish you were me instead of a carbon copy of everyone else.

Lol I'm like the WWE of smart.

None of this would've happened had you not stepped...

OVER THE LINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB9U2hx6Qg

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

Not until you call Vin or Razor daddy.

Why do you hate the Eagles so much? Does it remind you of how many times you've hopped bandwagons only to see your ex-team do good and your current team go down the drain?

RIVETING-TALE-CHAP_fb_39080.jpg

• Downvote 1

I find it rather amusing the resistance Phil gets.

Nobody bats an eye when sean says something utterly stupid.

Nobody bats an eye when WeaponX goes on and on with his absolutely absurd opinions

Also. Nobody seems to give two shits about what BC says anymore and now he's starting to feel some sort of way because the attention isn't on him for saying utterly horrendous things.