seanbrock

Super Bowl LII: Patriots V. Eagles

Still not creative enough, pretty sure you had an eagle username way back when :yao:

I propose OSU themed content. With a significant that says JT is the next great QB of our generation for added effect. :yep:

Fine. TGP collectively can change my username, avatar, Signature, my whole profile as long as it pertains to the Eagles until Week 1 of next year at will if the Eagles begin the end of the world.

I actually kind of respect this in a strange way. Obviously I hope you lose this sig bet with yourself (first in TGP history) but fuck this does make things more interesting.

Obviously this means nothing, since they've won 4346543 Super Bowls, but it's interesting nonetheless.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20180202132033233512708&ref=hea&tm=&src=

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) Tom Brady has accomplished just about everything when it comes to playing in the Super Bowl.

His five titles and four Super Bowl MVPs are more than any other quarterback. He has posted the two biggest comeback wins in Super Bowl history, including last year's rally from 25 points down to beat Atlanta. He has thrown for more yards or touchdowns than any quarterback on the biggest stage.

Perhaps the only accomplishment missing seems like a relatively simple one: leading a first-quarter scoring drive.

In one of the more surprising Super Bowl stats, the Patriots have failed to score a single point in the first quarter in their seven Super Bowl trips in the Brady-Bill Belichick era.

"We're trying to score every time we take the field," Brady said. "There's a little caveat to that in my opinion. In 2007, it was our first drive of the game, it just happened to be the first play of the second quarter.

"But it was the first time we touched it. So we did score when we got it first. But I'd love to score 21 points in the first quarter if we can but obviously this defense can make it really tough for us."

The Patriots did score on that first possession in their first meeting against the Giants. But because New York held the ball for 9:59 to open the game with a field-goal drive, Laurence Maroney's 1-yard run came on the first play of the second quarter.

The first-quarter scoring woes in the Super Bowl led to a memorable moment from an NFL Network documentary about last year's title of linebackers coach Brian Flores addressing a banquet to honor the team.

"Coach Belichick, prior to the game, looked right at Tom Brady and goes `Tom, we've been to six Super Bowls together, and we've never scored a point in the first quarter. Can we get that done?'" Flores told the crowd. "I look around and I go, `Man, we're going to score 30 points in the first quarter.'"

Instead it didn't happen. It was another first-quarter shutout as the Patriots went three-and-out the first time they had the ball and then stalled near midfield following two sacks on the second drive. The third drive ended when LeGarrette Blount fumbled on the second play of the second quarter.

Brady has been on the field for a first-quarter score when his intentional grounding penalty in the end zone against the Giants in 2012 led to a safety for New York. That was one of four scores in the first quarter against the Patriots in their seven trips with Belichick and Brady.

"Look, we try to score in every game," Belichick said. "I know that's probably hard to understand, but we try to go out and score and keep the other team from scoring. That's our goal every game."

It's not as if slow starts are a chronic problem for Brady and the Patriots. Since his first season as the starter in 2001, New England leads the NFL on first-quarter scoring with 5.7 points per game.

The Patriots are only a tick behind that at 5.5 points per first quarter in the playoff rounds prior to the Super Bowl with Brady at quarterback.

But for some reason that all changes on the biggest stage, even though it hasn't stopped the Patriots from winning five Super Bowl titles.

"I would say that's the emphasis every week," receiver Phillip Dorsett said. "We play better when we start fast, and that's a big emphasis every week, not just in the Super Bowl but in the weeks prior to this. I mean, we have a better record when we're playing fast and we get out to a good start, when we get points on the board on that first drive. So, we always like to do that."

Damn it Patriots, focus on winning the game you stupid cockheads.

Shouldve said piss ants. They missed the mark

They did say piss ants actually, lol.

Whatd I miss ? Lol. Although I didnt watch the video (at work) so the answer is probably there

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/community-raises-5k-send-bus-driver-wife-super/story?id=52777447

A school bus driver and longtime Eagles fan is now headed to Super Bowl LII, thanks to the families of the children he transports daily on his route.

On Monday, when Gary Kelmer pulled the bus up at his last stop of the day in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, he was met by more than just parents anxious to see their children.

He was handed two tickets to the big game as well personalized Eagles jerseys for him and his wife.

Amy Smith and her husband, Izaak, launched a GoFundMe page -- "Send Mr. Gary to the Super Bowl" -- for Kelmer on Jan. 23. On the GoFundMe page, Amy Smith, the mother of three, said two of her children rode the school bus driven by Kelmer.

We are so blessed to have such a wonderful bus driver. ... One who gets our kids safely, plays the 'coolest' music according to my kids, hands out Air Heads on Fridays, and lets my crazy 4-year-old on the bus to talk on the speaker," she said in her post.

school-bus-driver-eagles-01-wpvi-jrl-180

Such a cool story.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Eagles declared RB Wendell Smallwood, WR Marcus Johnson, OT Will Beatty, CB Sidney Jones, and DLs Steven Means, Destiny Vaeao, and Elijah Qualls inactive for Super Bowl 52 against the Patriots.

A 2016 fifth-round pick, Smallwood closed out the season behind Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LeGarrette Blount, and even Kenjon Barner on the Eagles' running back depth chart. Smallwood will likely enter 2018 on the roster bubble.

Patriots declared RB Mike Gillislee, WR Kenny Britt, DT Alan Branch, LB David Harris, TE Jacob Hollister, WR Bernard Reedy, and OL Cole Croston inactive for Super Bowl 52 against the Eagles.

The front-loaded deal to which the Patriots signed Gillislee to get him away from Buffalo leaves just $2.4 million in payments owed to Gillislee for 2018. Still, we would be surprised if Gillislee returned without a pay cut after struggling to show any versatility in his first year with the team. Britt is owed just $1.5 million and would be a better bet for a 2018 roster spot.

This SB is similar to Colts/Saints in terms of feeling for me...

Fuck em both.

If the Hoodie loses to a backup in Nick Foles I will cease to believe that there is a god.

This hell hole will go into a chaos never seen before and I'm not sure anyone will survive including myself.

If this isn't the biggest pile of horsehit I've read from a non-Eagles fan idk what is.

The Eagles have a far weaker LB corps than the Jags, and their secondary outside of Jenkins leaves much to be desired.

The real Nick Foles will be in play on Sunday against and incredibly well prepared defense that is opportunistic and will make him pay on the lack of accurate throws.

The big stage is a lot different than the familiar home ground of Philadelphia where Foles has succeeded.

Even if their defense shows up, I guarantee you the difference to this game will be the QB play.

Brady won't lose a game for you... a backup who has yet to face competent competition since the regular season... is about to learn the hard way from the very best in the Hoodie.

I don't care how much you rant and moan about being the underdog...

Brady has had that mentality since day one.

If the Eagles win the SB this year.

Feel free to ban me from this site until Week 1 of next year.

Pats are going to steamroll.

I AM THE HARBINGER FOR CHARLES.

ENJOY YOUR EAGLES PROFILE SON.

How about that Nick Foles? He sure learned the hard way! 41 freaking points only 3 of which helped out by the defense at all.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Pederson coached the game of his life and out-dueled The Hood. What does Nick Foles' contract look like? He could make some serious bank here.

• Upvote 2

Thank God for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans. 57 year title drought is done.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely no backend defense to be found on either team. It seemed like it was just big throw after big throw for both QB’s. And the list of teams to never win a Super Bowl grows smaller and smaller until only Cleveland remains.

Pats can't beat dat NFCE in SBs :chipeagles:

Except that one time :shifty:

Edited by Bay

Your guys' favorite commercial?

My rankings probably...

1. Alexa Loses Her Voice

2. Eli and OBJ Go Dirty Dancing

3. Morgan Freeman / Peter Dinklage Lip Sync Battle

4. Danny Devito Red M&M

I can tell you the worst commercial... Dodge trucks with an MLK voice over. Fuck those guys.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely was the worst commercial. It's made far worse by the fact that in the same damn speech, MLK goes off specifically on car advertising. Someone re-did the commercial with that part of the speech here:

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1