Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Best Player in the NFL, 2018

Will be glad to see this machination in action without my hand in the works.

Razor saying Devin McCourty is better than Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. Razor be trolling.

Nah. Gronk's good but I'd rather have 16 games of elite safety play than 8 games of elite TE play. Gronk is always out at crucial moments at critical times. As for Brady, next year should be his last.

Gentlemen, we have reached a small milestone in our quest. The Divisional Round has concluded, and we have nominated 160 players. The Wild Card Round will add 32 more, but remember that 32 players (the top vote-getters from each team) have already clinched a spot in the bracket, bypassing the Elimination Round. These 32 are not necessarily locked into higher seeds than others, but here they are in a very approximate order of how they'll be seeded.

Tom Brady

Antonio Brown

Khalil Mack

Von Miller

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Luke Kuechly

Aaron Donald

DeAndre Hopkins

LeSean McCoy

Ndamukong Suh

Leonard Williams

Zack Martin

Harrison Smith

Julio Jones

Russell Wilson

Joey Bosa

Geno Atkins

Joe Thomas

Jalen Ramsey

Jurrell Casey

Eric Berry

Trent Williams

Gerald McCoy

Carson Wentz

Odell Beckham

Darius Slay

David Johnson

Justin Tucker

T.Y. Hilton

Jordan Howard

Jimmy Garoppolo

• Upvote 1

Justin Tucker guys, come on. The Ravens aren't a bad team. You telling me that Marshall Yanda isn't better than Justin Tucker? Yanda is a first ballot hall of famer. gtfo lol

Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the league and its not even close.

Quit hating on the man just because he's a kicker.

Agree about Yanda though, perpetually underrated.

A player the caliber of Yanda being left off this list for ANY kicker is an absolute joke. I demand a fucking recount.

Edited by seanbrock

You voted for Tedric Thompson, so your standing isn't exactly solid here. Also it's not like Yanda isn't in the tournament. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get through the Elimination Round.

Oh shit I got Shaq Thompson and Shaq Griffen mixed up lol

Justin Tucker has been by far the Ravens best player for the past two seasons...he deserves the votes he gets...I mean he is basically automatic points if they make it to midfield.

Over Marshall Yanda? Pass that shit this way, bro. I need some of that.

Are we ready to finish up the wildcard round yet? Looks like voting has stagnated.

We still need to re-do the AFCN. A fucking kicker got in over one of the best players of his generation.

• Downvote 1

It's not a season award. It's a best player in the league vote. You're crazy if you think Tucker is a better football player than Yanda. Hell he's barely even a football player. Has he ever even made a tackle before? Lol gtfo

• Downvote 1

Are we ready to finish up the wildcard round yet? Looks like voting has stagnated.

Definitely. I'm about to post this in the individual threads, but everyone has 24 hours to get a vote in. Elimination Round starts tomorrow night.

Speaking of, since I've been hyping up the Elimination Round for a while, let me explain how it's going to work so we can hit the ground running.

I'll be posting groups of ten players, spread out across teams and positions. Each group will have a title, just for fun. We will each have to rank our top 6 from the group. To give you guys an idea of how fun/difficult this will be, here is the lineup for group #1 (plus two wild-card players to be added):

Rob Gronkowski

Tre'Davious White

Ben Roethlisberger

Eric Weddle

Malik Jackson

Kevin Byard

Kareem Hunt

Keenan Allen

Edited by SteVo

It's not a season award. It's a best player in the league vote. You're crazy if you think Tucker is a better football player than Yanda. Hell he's barely even a football player. Has he ever even made a tackle before? Lol gtfo

Love your zeal, but barely a football player...get the fuck outta here with those shenanigans.

I love Yanda, for my money no guard in the league is as good of him, not even close really. And yes he should be ahead of Tucker imo, but Tucker may go down as the greatest of all time at his position. That has to count for something.

Justin Tucker has been by far the Ravens best player for the past two seasons...he deserves the votes he gets...I mean he is basically automatic points if they make it to midfield.

I agree he deserves the votes he gets, but Yanda is our best player. Every season he has been healthy 4 out of 5 years he has been 1 or 2 in the league as the best player, PERIOD. 2 He has been the best. He is an absolute monster in all phases of the game. I think he beats Tucker for that title not only for the dominance, but for the longevity of his dominance.

And the Yanda has the ability to play multiple positions at a dominant level.

Ok so we're humming along nicely. Groups 1 and 2 are already closed. Groups 3 and 4 will close after today, and we'll leave 5-8 open a while.

So, we're a quarter through the Elimination Round, which has produced 24 players plus the 32 who bypassed this round. Some data on the 56 players we've selected so far...

Most represented teams:

:jags: 4

:Ravens: 3

:Broncos: 3

:Chargers: 3

:Raiders: 3

:Steelers: 3

:Titans: 3

Most represented positions:

Quarterbacks - 9

Wide receivers - 7

Interior D-linemen - 7

Edge defenders - 7

Cornerbacks - 4
Safeties - 4

Offensive tackles - 4

Procedural point to talk about: are we restricting this list to active players? If so, we'd have to withdraw players who have retired, like Joe Thomas.

Yeah idk, I guess if it's a best player IN the NFL then Thomas should go but I don't feel too strongly about it either way.

The real top players imo

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Aaron Donald

4. Antonio Brown

5. Von Miller

6. Khalil Mack

7. Zack Martin

8. Luke Kuechley

9. David Johnson

10. Leonard Williams