Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Jonathan Martin threatens revenge/suicide on bullies

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7434/jonathan-martin

Former Dolphins and 49ers OL Jonathan Martin has been taken into police custody after posting a disturbing image on Instagram of a shotgun and ammunition, threatening "suicide" and/or "revenge".

Martin was the famous victim of "Bullygate" while with the Dolphins back in 2013. In the photo he posted on Friday, Martin wrote, "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." In the photo, there was a shotgun and several rounds of shells lying on a bed, and Martin tagged former Dolphins teammates OG Richie Incognito and C Mike Pouncey. Martin also tagged two others, presumably from his old high school, while also tagging the #MiamiDolphins and #HarvardWestlake, his high school. Harvard Westlake subsequently shut down its campus after seeing the image. Martin was then taken into custody shortly after. The 28-year-old hasn't played in the NFL since 2014 and clearly has some mental issues. Thankfully, it didn't turn ugly.

Wow, this guy has some issues... A part of me feels bad for him, but this can't be the answer. Hopefully he gets some help.

Dude doesn't belong out in society. Lock him up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yikes what a headcase. Hopefully just a cry for attention in regards to his depression.

• Downvote 1

Dude doesn't belong out in society. Lock him up

wtf man? Bro you are so fucking bitter and judgemental anymore. I like you a lot and have for years but you need to seek help. It sucks to see you this way. I always saw you as a real empathetic dude with the best of intentions and somewhere along the line you let someone rob you of that. I know for a fact that I and a lot of other people on TGP are here for you if you ever need to bend someone's ear. It's not easy to talk to people. I have a lot of trouble with that myself but we're here for you man. I hope I don't come off like an asshole because I genuinely consider you a friend and want the best for you.

wtf man? Bro you are so fucking bitter and judgemental anymore. I like you a lot and have for years but you need to seek help. It sucks to see you this way. I always saw you as a real empathetic dude with the best of intentions and somewhere along the line you let someone rob you of that. I know for a fact that I and a lot of other people on TGP are here for you if you ever need to bend someone's ear. It's not easy to talk to people. I have a lot of trouble with that myself but we're here for you man. I hope I don't come off like an asshole because I genuinely consider you a friend and want the best for you.

I mean, I empathize with Jonathan Martin to an extent due to whatever real condition he actually has, but I also think he's a gigantic pussy, to boot. I don't think those two points of view need to be mutually exclusive. There's a reason that not a single former teammate has sided with him publicly, which tells me that nothing all that bad really happened. Hazing, razzing, talking shit--that's part of sports, always, has been, and hopefully always will be because it's a fucked up but loyal form of camaraderie.

I said he doesn't belong out in society because he posted a shotgun, shells, and names and a caption cautioning revenge was coming. As of right now, Jonathan Martin belongs in a mental institution, as far as I'm concerned.

Former Dolphins and 49ers OL Jonathan Martin is being charged with four counts of making criminal threats and one count of possessing a loaded firearm in connection with his February 23 arrest in Los Angeles.

Martin posted a cryptic message on Instagram that day, suggesting he was out for some sort of "revenge" and tagged the Dolphins and his former high school in the post. In his possession were an ax, a large knife, and a loaded 12-gauge shotgun. 28-year-old Martin has a warrant out for his arrest.
Source: TMZ Sports