Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Browns trade for everyone

Browns acquired Jarvis Landry from the Dolphins in exchange for the No. 123 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft and a seventh-round pick in 2019.

The Browns are also working on a new contract with Landry, who signed his one-year, $15.982 million franchise tender earlier this week. It looked like the Dolphins may have backed themselves into a corner by tagging a player they never actually wanted, but it all worked out in the end. Landry's salary was never an issue for the Browns, who boast over $100 million in cap space. It probably won't be enough to lure in Kirk Cousins, but the Browns do offer an intriguing receiving corps with Landry, Josh Gordon and former first-round pick Corey Coleman. Landry's 400 catches through his first four seasons are the most in NFL history. Still, it will be hard to gauge his fantasy value until we know what Cleveland's plan is at quarterback.

Browns acquired Tyrod Taylor from the Bills in exchange for the No. 65 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

This deal comes just hours after the Browns agreed to a trade which will bring Jarvis Landry to Cleveland. Coach Hue Jackson has said he does not want to start a rookie quarterback in Week 1, and this trade all but ensures he will not have to. It also means the Browns do not have to reach for a quarterback with one of their top five picks if they are not in love with the top options, although Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent after this season. As for Buffalo, the writing had been on the wall for Taylor, but now the only quarterback they have under contract is Nathan "Five Pick" Peterman. They are strong candidates to trade up for one of the top quarterbacks in the draft.

Browns acquired CB Damarious Randall from the Packers in exchange for DeShone Kizer.

Considering the Browns traded for Tyrod Taylor on Friday and are likely to select a quarterback early in the draft, it was clear Kizer was no longer in their plans, so getting a corner who has flashed quality starter skills and is still on his rookie deal in return is good business. Randall also clashed with coaches last season, however, which is likely why the Packers decided to move him. With Randall, Jason McCourty, and Jamar Taylor, Cleveland has the makings of a solid corner group.

:notbad:

Another head for the Hydra!

I was wondering what the Browns were gonna do at QB, and this is just perfect hahaha.

I really like the Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor acquisitions. Really really like. What r u doin Buffalo lololol

Deshone Kizer's career isn't doomed now! Bless!

What the fuck do we want Deshone Kizer for? Are we just fucking stupid or what?

And yes, I know Hundley is trash... But come on. LMAO

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I like the Tyrod Taylor trade because it gives Hue Jackson a week 1 starter. He can say it's going to be a competition with whoever the Browns draft, but in the end they can draft a QB like Allen and redshirt him without feeling bad about it. They won't be forced into starting and benching and starting Kizer like last year. Also, I don't think this trade affects their draft strategy at all. Either the #1 or #4 pick will be a quarterback.

Aside: If Tyrod Taylor is worth the 65th overall pick, Nick Foles is worth a 2nd-rounder and then some.

Edited by SteVo

There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him. He with a team-high four picks, but he missed the final two games with a knee injury that some in the organization thought he could have played through. Then, Randall was critical of defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who was fired after the season.

Well... that explains that. Adios douche bag! LOL

Also reading we switched spots with the Browns in Rounds 4 and 5.

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Some big moves by the Browns, love the Landry trade but not sure aboutgetting Tyrod. Guess as insurance and if you have the cap space may as well use it.

For one of Gutekunst's first big moves, it's a pretty stupid move. You don't trade a starting CB for a backup QB. Kizer may have more potential than Hundley but he still shouldn't see the field. Randall had his problems but he was Green Bay's best corner and the position was already one of our weaker spots. By trading him the Packers need to find an outside and slot corner, along with our other needs and little cap space to work with. If we traded Randall for a position we actually needed then I would be cool with it but for fucking Kizer? C'mon

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Some big moves by the Browns, love the Landry trade but not sure to getting Tyrod. Guess as insurance and if you have the cap space may as well use it.

For one of Gutekunst's first big moves, it's a pretty stupid move. You don't trade a starting CB for a backup QB. Kizer may have more potential than Hundley but he still shouldn't see the field. Randall had his problems but he was Green Bay's best corner and the position was already one of our weaker spots. By trading him the Packers need to find an outside and slot corner, along with our other needs and little cap space to work with. If we traded Randall for a positions we actually needed then I would be cool with it but for fucking Kizer? C'mon

We are reportedly going to go after Trumaine Johnson pretty hard... But ya.. How do we make a serious play at him... Wilk... Extend Aaron... etc etc with so little cash? lol. Adios Randall, Jordy, and Clay!

We are reportedly going to go after Trumaine Johnson pretty hard... But ya.. How do we make a serious play at him... Wilk... Extend Aaron... etc etc with so little cash? lol. Adios Randall, Jordy, and Clay!

Not a fan of Johnson, dude is going to cost a lot and is overrated. I rather have Butler if we pursue a FA. Gutekunst must have some idea of what he is going to do with Clay, Jordy, or Cobb. Or give Rodgers an extension and backload it to free up some space now.

I do not get the Kizer move AT ALL. What are you saying, that if Arod goes down at least you have Kizer? Please.

I do not get the Kizer move AT ALL. What are you saying, that if Arod goes down at least you have Kizer? Please.

Nah, you get Kizer so you don't have to pay Aaron an enormous sum.

Have Kizer learn from Rodgers...I like it. GB would have had an inside track in scouting him too.

Anyone that thinks Kizer is even worthy of being in the NFL is higher then sean...

I really hope the Browns don't see Tyrod Taylor as a reason to not draft a QB.

• Upvote 1

With these moves, I am confident they will win at least one game this upcoming season.

:laugh: You're my favorite, Cuda.

I really hope the Browns don't see Tyrod Taylor as a reason to not draft a QB.

That would be such a Browns thing to do, lol. Draft a WR or something dumb in the top 5 and pass on QBs all draft.

Patriots acquired CB Jason McCourty and a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Browns in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2018.

It was reported earlier that the Browns were releasing McCourty, but instead he's being sent to New England, where he'll be reunited with his twin brother and former Rutgers teammate, Devin. It's a smart move for the Pats, who needed a cornerback to replace Malcolm Butler. The 30-year-old struggled some down the stretch, but still earned PFF's No. 17 grade among cornerbacks last season. McCourty will earn a modest $3 million in 2018, which happens to be the last year of his contract.

Seahawks acquired CB C.J. Smith from the Browns in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2020.

Smith played only nine snaps for last year's Browns, but the Seahawks are taking a flyer on him for his athleticism. A 2016 undrafted free agent out of North Dakota State, Smith stands 5-foot-11, 188 and jumped 39 inches vertically with an explosive 10-foot-11 broad jump at his Pro Day. The Seahawks are shallow at corner behind Shaq Griffin and Justin Coleman.