Giants Cut DRC After Refusing Pay Cut

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Olenna4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 45,786 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

For Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, it was either "pay cut" or get cut. On Sunday, he chose the latter.

The New York Giants decided Sunday to release the veteran cornerback, and Rodgers-Cromartie confirmed his departure on social media:

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

#2 Halo oTs

Halo oTs

Same Bangy, New Account

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Oregon
  • NFL Team: Giants

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

I mean this makes sense, the Giants asked him to take a pay cut, he said no and by cutting him they save 6.5 mill. As much as I like DRC, he went from having a career INT year in 2016 to none last year. He looked out of sorts and got suspended for one game. Even if they kept him and moved him to Safety, I don’t think it was going to end well. We could see about grabbing him again in FA, but I don’t think it will be worth it tbh. Good move by the Giants.

#3 G-Men

Giants Pride

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): OU & RU
  • NFL Team: Giants

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

I would have preferred he took the cut and moved to safety because he always had great ball skills and I believe he would be good enough to make a few plays at that spot but I agree with letting him go in the end. Especially seeing how hard we are going in free agency. I wouldn't blame the drop in production all on DRC though. He did lose a step but we also had him playing the slot all year instead of outside where he was making all those plays in 2016.

Big ups to BK and Pwillie52

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users