Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Packers Release Jordy Nelson

*insert sad face here*

Gutekunst's press release on Jordy:

We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years, "Gutekunst said. "He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best."

There goes the theory of him coming back on a cheap deal. I can't believe we cut him and letting him walk away. End of an era, him and Rodgers made up one of the best QB-WR combos in the past decade. Really hope he retires, as I cannot imagine seeing him in a different uniform but it is a business after all. Wonder how Rodgers is reacting to this since him and Jordy are pretty tight.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

legendary tenure, one of my favorites, always enjoyed him succeeding. class act. one of the best set of hands in the league

Edited by BC

Jordy wants to get back to the family farm. Ain't that something? I hope he's not done--he's too fun to watch and I don't think he's declining just yet. Injuries have slowed him down. I bet he'd have 2 good years left in him if he could stay healthy.

Woth him not coming back I almost dont even want Cobb back either. Dude has done way less for way shorter of a time.

The positive is that I do like Clark and I want Allison to get real snaps.

Posted 1,250-plus receiving yards and 13-plus TD catches in the same season 3 times in his career (2011, 2014, 2016), the 4th most in NFL history behind Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens

He was one of the guys coming out that I really wanted and I'm glad he blew up with Rodgers. Hope he can go to a contender (not the Pats or Ravens) and make some noise in his waning years.

He's been at the Raiders facility all day...

It's been said if we sign Jordy, Crabtree is gone...

I know that the Packers had to make cap room space, but I was surprised that Jordy was released as opposed to Randall Cobb given Jordy's offensive production and chemistry with Aaron Rodgers. He had an off year last year, but I would've anticipated his numbers would have been back to normal with a healthy season from Rodgers.

Jordy has been a great representative of the organization and it was definitely sad to see him go.

• Upvote 1