Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Bucs trade for JPP

Bucs acquired Jason Pierre-Paul and a fourth-round pick from the Giants in exchange for a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick.

It is a stunning move both because of the paltry compensation and because it only saves the Giants $2.5 million against the cap this season while opening a massive hole on the depth chart. It does get JPP's contract off the books moving forward, however, and the defensive end may not have been a good fit with new DC James Bettcher. This move could signify the Giants are looking at NC State's Bradley Chubb with the No. 2 overall pick. As for Tampa, they needed to rebuild their pass rush, and that is exactly what they have done by trading for Pierre-Paul and signing Vinny Curry. With Gerald McCoy on the inside, the pass rush should be much more dangerous this season

​Super happy about this, we really needed to add some pass rushers.
  • Upvote 1

You guys are really reaching with these jokes...

• Upvote 2

I love all these jokes, lol. Imagine if we drafted Shaq Griffin somehow too.

I hope he doesn't hold on too long and it blows up on him. If it does blow up ue can't point to anyone else.That said he is only 29 so the bucs could be in good hand. He could light up the NFCS like the 4th of July.

Bucs will have a strong run defense next year and a better but still not great pass rush. I think they should still look to add a pass rusher in the draft. A guy like Edmunds could turn this defense around. Kind of use him like the Broncos use Miller with that defensive line and you might have something.

I never thought I'd say this, but PhilElliot won this thread

Bucs will have a strong run defense next year and a better but still not great pass rush. I think they should still look to add a pass rusher in the draft. A guy like Edmunds could turn this defense around. Kind of use him like the Broncos use Miller with that defensive line and you might have something.

​I think defensive line will for sure still be on the board for us in the draft. The chances of Chubb being there when we pick at 7 where slim so getting JPP makes it so we're not totally desperate for a DE going into the draft. That's great because honestly, I don't really like any of the DE prospects rated high in this draft except for Chubb. I'm hoping to draft either Nelson or Ward at 7 if we don't trade down at this point. RB HAS to be the pick in round two because we literally have nothing there.

As much as this pains me to say, it's a good trade all round. Bucs pick up a still dominant tackler and pass rusher in JPP that not only improves an already dangerous looking line but compliments it well.

The Giants move around 17mill from their books and gain a 3rd/swap fourths. Oliver Vernon looks the better of the two DE's and more likely to fit into the 3-4 scheme we are going to use and Kareem Martin knows the system and is an ideal fit. Makes sense to get free up more cap and the fact the Bucs took JPP's contract is a win for the Giants.

​Super happy about this, we really needed to add some pass rushers.

I hear michael bennetts pretty good :notbad: