Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Eagles' Bennett Indicted For Injuring Elderly Paraplegic

A Texas grand jury indicted Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Michael Bennett on Friday for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic security staffer at the 2017 Super Bowl in Houston, according to a press release from the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

Bennett has been charged with injury to the elderly, a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, according to the release.

"As a result of the indictment, a warrant has been issued for Bennett’s arrest," the district attorney's office said in the release. "Prosecutors are working with Bennett’s counsel regarding his surrender."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2018/03/23/michael-bennett-indicted-injuring-elderly-paraplegic-super-bowl-li/453774002/

And it suddenly makes sense why Seattle delt Bennett as soon as they could.

Not that it would excuse it. But it would be one thing if he was being a jackass to a security person who is kinda power tripping ... or somebody his own age or being a douche to him.

But you have an old disabled woman... stationed at some kind of gate / opening onto the field in charge of just telling people that they can't go that way... And Bennett has to make it a point to get through the old disabled woman and be a jackass at the same time?

What a shit bag.

Really hope just for humanity's sake that there's more to this story because this would be pretty fucked up. So far we barely have any details or context but even if he unintentionally pushed and injured this woman because he was drunk and trying to be on the field with his brother it's unacceptable and there needs to be a hefty fine and suspension.

If it turns out he did it on purpose because he felt entitled to be on the field with his brother then I hope the Eagles cut him and I hope he gets banned. That would be fucking horrible.

• Upvote 2

Lol at 10 years in prison for that.i know a girl who killed her own baby who got 7 years in prison.

But again..take the hooks out your mouths. Another piece of propaganda

• Downvote 2

I usually never neg people but this is such a fucking dick head statement. Michael Bennett is a class act. If you look at how charitable the guy is and how good of a person he is you would feel like an asshole...

Really hope just for humanity's sake that there's more to this story because this would be pretty fucked up. So far we barely have any details or context but even if he unintentionally pushed and injured this woman because he was drunk and trying to be on the field with his brother it's unacceptable and there needs to be a hefty fine and suspension.

If it turns out he did it on purpose because he felt entitled to be on the field with his brother then I hope the Eagles cut him and I hope he gets banned. That would be fucking horrible.

Sean, you need help bro, but better late than never. This dude has always been a gigantic pile of shit. A lying, racist, greedy, delusional, pile of whale shit.

You realize people can be gigantic assholes sometimes and also be charitable people that help out others at other times?

What exactly caused the delayed report?

Sean, you need help bro, but better late than never. This dude has always been a gigantic pile of shit. A lying, racist, greedy, delusional, pile of whale shit.

you mean you read stories that said those things. I'm going to say it again= Stop talking crap, you immature adult, till you can prove one single thing you believe and prove me wrong. Until then you can talk crap about my view.

I'm teaching you critical thought right under your nose and you cant figure it out.

the news does this all the damn time and you cant figure it the fuck out.

last week a player donates to a kids museum or what ever.. the next week he's caught with a whore and drugs and a gun. Its all fake. The contract he signed= he knows whats happening, its all part of his pay.

What exactly caused the delayed report?

.. its a story

• Downvote 2

Obviously not important in the grand scheme of things, but... This has gotten national attention and even though he has only been an Eagle for a few weeks... It's all headlines like this one... "Eagles' Bennet" "Eagles player Michael Bennett".. .Really bad look for Philly.

From a segment of the police chief's press conference that I saw today, he stated there was no recorded evidence of the situation and was based off of the testimony of a police officer. I'm sure there were other people that witnessed the incident, but eyewitness testimony can be manipulated and incorrectly reported. Saying this in a publicized press conference will already color him in a disparaging manner among the general public, even if he is not guilty. If he is guilty, I hope he has to face the consequences of his actions.

• Upvote 1

Probably has something to do with vegas.

Edited by Turry

The more we learn about Michael Bennett, the more we realize that he's a terrible person.

The more we learn about Michael Bennett, the more we realize that he's a terrible person.

Again, as PackIsBack has already said, no video evidence, based off the word of one person. And now the police chief has colored the investigation against him.

If he shoved an old lady down, fuck him he should be in jail. If its at all questionable, the police chief is a moron, because he just made it that much harder to convict him.

Bennett has done a lot of charity work, so I don't know about "terrible" person, either. Weren't you the one who was complaining about one woman's accusation could ruin a man's career? Why doesn't that apply to Bennett?

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1