• Travis Frederick
    • Marshal Yanda
  7. 7. C7

• Calais Campbell
    • Matthew Stafford
  8. 8. C8

• Landon Collins
    • Ndamukong Suh

Round 2 begins. All these players have clinched a spot in the top 100 (top 96, to be precise). Winners of these matchups lock up a top-48 spot, so if you're voting for a player, he better be among the best in the league. Losers are shipped to the Losers Bracket and pitted up against the winners of Round 1 there.

Oh boy this is getting tough.

That Frederick-Yanda matchup :phew:

Yanda is a HoFer and has been the unequivocal best player on his line every year if not the NFL. Frederick can be argued 3rd best on his own line. To me the choice is clear.

Pretty much the same argument for Landon Collins vs. Suh. Collins was in the running for DPOY a year ago, but Suh is a generational talent.

Brady/Belichick will never get a nod from me cuz who knows how they'd have turned out without all of the CHEATING.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yanda is a HoFer and has been the unequivocal best player on his line every year if not the NFL. Frederick can be argued 3rd best on his own line. To me the choice is clear.

Pretty much the same argument for Landon Collins vs. Suh. Collins was in the running for DPOY a year ago, but Suh is a generational talent.

Brady/Belichick will never get a nod from me cuz who knows how they'd have turned out without all of the CHEATING.

Travis Frederick has been a top 3 center for the past few seasons and there is no way he is the 3rd best guy on his o-line, there's Martin but that's it. Yanda hardly even played last season.

Travis Frederick has been an elite center basically since he came into the league. Yanda hardly played a game last year. Matchup is closer than you think, Zack.

It's a best player award, not "best of only 2018." I vote with some recency bias, but Yanda will forever be better. If we did this more frequently than every 6 years, maybe then I'd vote for single seasons.

Tyron Smith exists, PD2010.

I'll refer you guys to the Yanda/Tucker covo: http://thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80529-best-player-in-the-nfl-2018/

Yanda didnt play in 2017, like at all. Like PD I give 2017 the most weight.

Yanda is a future 1st ballot HoF fuck the 2017 weigh in.. Yanda is miles better then Fredrick and its not even close

• Upvote 1

So is Joe Thomas, yet people are arguing for Travis Kelce over him.

He has made 5 straight pro bowls and 1st team all pro a year ago lmao.

I didn't realize Prow Bowls held any merit. Totally forgot it wasn't just a popularity contest. Oh wait...

• Downvote 1

So is Joe Thomas, yet people are arguing for Travis Kelce over him.

And there dumbasses Kelce isnt close to ever being in the top elite TEs to ever play

Yet Joe Thomas as a argument for being the greatest LT to ever play

Thomas had 10,000 consecutive plays

Edited by WeaponX20
  • Upvote 1

This is best player in the NFL as of last year. So it is completely plausible a Hall of Famer is beaten out by a great player who isn't a lock.

Ya I interpret this as finding the best player in the NFL right now, as of this moment. So it's not a direct reflection of their careers as a whole, nor is it a reflection of their 2017 season--somewhere in between.

Also, I was a little scared when I put up all these polls everyone would just vote and not say anything or get any debate going. Y'all are awesome. Football is good.

So somewhere in between....Yanda owns his ass.Period.

• Upvote 1

Voting is closed.

Advances to the next Round:

• Tom Brady
  • Earl Thomas
  • Jason Peters
  • Zack Martin
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Marshal Yanda
  • Calais Campbell
  • Landon Collins

Moves to the Losers Bracket:

• Eric Weddle
  • Alex Mack
  • Leonard Williams
  • Lavonte David
  • Justin Tucker
  • Travis Frederick
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Ndamukong Suh

I didn't realize Prow Bowls held any merit. Totally forgot it wasn't just a popularity contest. Oh wait...

Convenient that you forgot to refute him getting 1st Team All-Pro in 2016. And nobody said the Pro Bowl is the end-all-be-all, but it is still an indication of talent among peers.

• Downvote 1

Convenient that you forgot to refute him getting 1st Team All-Pro in 2016. And nobody said the Pro Bowl is the end-all-be-all, but it is still an indication of talent among peers.

The fact that you tried using Pro Bowls to support your claim said enough for your post. An indication among peers? It's a complete joke and doesn't mean shit, every year there are guys that were easily one of the best at their position that don't make it. Look at Harrison Smith this past season. Or Tyron Smith and Trent Williams getting voted in over Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley. Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Downvote 1

The fact that you tried using Pro Bowls to support your claim said enough for your post. An indication among peers? It's a complete joke and doesn't mean shit, every year there are guys that were easily one of the best at their position that don't make it. Look at Harrison Smith this past season. Or Tyron Smith and Trent Williams getting voted in over Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley.

You're being a giant pussy and not acknowledging that he got 1st Team All-Pro in 2016--just as recently as your boy Frederick.

You're cherry picking the part of my post you feel like you can defeat and doing it poorly. I have already stated that the Pro Bowl is not the end-all-be-all. Like literally every measurement for determining how good a player is, it has flaws. That does not invalidate it as a tool or evidence toward a player's skill any more than Chad Pennington invalidates CMP%. If someone gets elected to 5 straight Pro Bowls it's pretty safe to say that they're better than many or most of their contemporaries.

It's okay to be wrong. It's not okay to be a wuss about it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Downvote 1

The fact that you tried using Pro Bowls to support your claim said enough for your post. An indication among peers? It's a complete joke and doesn't mean shit, every year there are guys that were easily one of the best at their position that don't make it. Look at Harrison Smith this past season. Or Tyron Smith and Trent Williams getting voted in over Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley.

Honestly that is because Williams and Smith are better than Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley.

• Downvote 1

Hahaahahaha, a giant wuss about it? I'm just laughing at you using Pro Bowls as a meaurement of success. That's the equivalent citing Wikipedia as a source.

Tyron Smith and Williams were better than Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley last season? C'mon bro...

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hahaahahaha, a giant wuss about it? I'm just laughing at you using Pro Bowls as a meaurement of success. That's the equivalent citing Wikipedia as a source.

Tyron Smith and Williams were better than Bakhtiari, Whitworth, and Staley last season? C'mon bro...

And people complain about PhilElliot, lmao.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1