Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Cowboys drop Dez

Cowboys drop Dez  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Dez be playing in 2018?

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5558/dez-bryant

Cowboys released WR Dez Bryant.

The move saves Dallas $12.5 million in cash and clears $8.5 million in cap space. Bryant is entering his age-30 season and has been trending downward for a couple years. He played all 16 games last season for the first time since 2014 but had his worst statistical season since his rookie year, catching 69 balls for 838 yards and six touchdowns. In total, the 2010 first-rounder caught 73 touchdowns for Dallas and had three-straight 1,000-yard seasons from 2012-2014. Bryant's injury history and lack of adjusting his playing style to compensate for his diminishing skill set likely were the factors that led to his release. Bryant should land on his feet quickly. He's still a big-time red-zone weapon and super-physical after the catch.

I think this was the right call for the Cowboys. Dez has really dropped off after injuries and wasn't worth the money IMO. He probably thinks he's still a #1 option, and that's just not the case. He might get humbled when he sees the offers he gets on the open market.

I added a poll to see where you guys think he may end up next. Put the NFCE teams at the top, because he said he wants to get revenge on the Cowboys twice a year.

I can imagine the Redskins offering him some dumb amount of money. Alex Smith throwing to Dez would be pretty funny.

• Upvote 2

Dez more shook than Mark Zuckerberg :smug:

let's see Dez on the Giants. I want fireworks between Eli, Beckham, Dez and all the coaches and to see them all butthurt about everything 24/7. That would be muy entertante

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I voted for other I think Buffalo could be a potential landing spot for Dez. I can also see the Packers maybe making a play for him.

I think Jacksonville would be the best fit so I picked other.. But it seems like he wants to stay in the division.. Gonna be weird seeing him wear (NY) Blue, red, or green.

They don't have the room for him but Dez and Wentz would be a Red Zone nightmare for opposing teams

Eh, Wentz does a lot of things really well but throwing a back shoulder ball and/or a back shoulder pass is not one of those things right now. He'd be scary if he added that to his repertoire.

I think Aaron to Dez would be deadly... But we aren't going to pay him what he wants. And I don't think his antics would go over well in GB. If he could be less of an asshole, that'd be sweet.

Dez to the Packers would be funny. I approve.

He blasted us on twitter saying there is too much history and he couldnt play for us lol. That and we just drafted three WRs.

I wonder if Witten has any knowledge or hes just pulling shit out of his ass.

Either way... Dez can can fuck off and should probably just retire.

I voted for other I think Buffalo could be a potential landing spot for Dez. I can also see the Packers maybe making a play for him.

:yao: called that shit

Edited by Turry