Sign in to follow this  
BC

Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Titans nailed it with this draft. Evans a day one starter and playmaker in the middle and then Landry?!? In the secound round. Had he not been hurt he would of been top 15 for sure. I liked the Safety in the 5th. He graded out alot higher than Fitzpatrick from Bama did but have the same make. Then we draft a good backup. Titans doing it big.

Btw other picks I liked, DJ Clakr to the Jags, Griffin to the Seahawks as well. Kelly to the Rams. Underrated moves and I think those guys take the lg

I liked the Jalyn Holmes pick.

What are some of your opinions on the Briean O'Neill pick for the Vikes? I haven't heard of him before, and most of what I've read is about his athleticism. That is concerning to me, so I'm curious if any of you guys thought him worthy of a second round grab.

Edited by OSUViking

OSU, O'Neill has tremendous athleticism but I think he'll need a couple years. Former tight end who isn't nuanced with hand usage and can't find numbers. Anchor is huge issue. He gets walked back by the bull rush. I'm very curious how he holds up if they try to start him early.

Sigh. I recall Remmers being effective at RT last reason, and the reason we brought him inside was because injuries made it so our RG play was atrocious. Yet, we picked a CB in the first round when we could have traded back and picked up a quality OG prospect in the early second.

Sigh.

I like the Eagles draft class but I'm kind of scratching my head a little at the fact that they didn't draft 1 LB and only signed one as a rookie free agent. Half the draft class is kind of boom/bust. I'm not even mad that they only picked 5 times because you have to keep in mind Darby and Ajayi are on the roster and under contract.

Obviously you can't really give a complete draft grade until we see these guys play but I can't go higher than a B for the Eagles despite the fact that I really like some of their picks. They needed to add a LB imo. I love Hicks, he's dominant when he's healthy but he's getting into that Sean Lee territory where he's just never been healthy even going back to college and I question how reliable Kendricks is. He was awesome this year and one of the main reasons the Eagles won the Super Bowl but he's also played a lot of really bad football for the Eagles.

For a draft year where the Texans did not have any 1st or 2nd round picks, I felt like overall they did a solid job. Here's what I texted my dad about their class..

'Reid will be a starter next to Badger, Rankin will start somewhere on the o-line, Coutee should be the starting slot receiver, and then we have good depth players and took some chances on some athletic guys at TE. Overall I'm pretty happy. Just wish they would have used more than one pick to address the o-line."

All things considered I am content with Brian Gaine's first draft class. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Also props to the Titans for getting their franchise QB.

• Upvote 1

The more I look at this draft the more I love what the Titans did, quality over quantity with some solid UDFAs is really what we needed with where the roster is right now

• Upvote 1