Sign in to follow this  
BC

Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Who are your favorite prospects you'll be watching closely despite who they get drafted by? What are your wishes for your particular teams? Which teams will dominate this year? How will the quarterbacks be distributed? What else is on your mind in relation to the draft this year? Where will you watch and who will you watch with?

Super into seeing where Saquan Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick this year. Barkley is already one of my favorite players in the NFL.

After what I learned in our collective TGP mock draft, Joshua Jackson could be a sweet pick up but I definetely vote for trading down and acquiring a 2nd and a 3rd since we have none of those. Give me a legit starting CB, WR, and TE prioritized over other positions please.

Discuss :yep:

Edited by BC

Kurt Benkert R3 in comp picks. Ride or die.

Josh Jackson

Will Hernandez

Harold Landry

Connor Williams

All left on the board :panic:

Hernandez is the interesting one for me, but I see him going early on day 2. Lots of teams still need offensive linemen.

Hernandez will be gone in the first 4 picks. IMHHO.

Hopefully it is the Bears trading up to get him. Seems eerily familiar :smug:

Pretty happy with what the Pack did. Absolutely fleeced the Saints and still got one of the guys they were supposedly targeting. Turning a 3rd and 6th into a 5th and 2019 1st for just moving down 4 spots was some nifty work by Gute. As for Alexander, he was my 3rd favorite corner in the draft and he could be really good but it's hard to fully judge him since his tape was so inconsistent last year because of the injuries.

Some losers of the 1st:

#1 Seahawks: The trade down was fairly even so can't fault them there but they select Rashad Penny before Guice, Michel, and Chubb? C'mon, what the fuck was Schneider/Carroll thinking?

#2 Raiders: You pass up adding a great defensive talent at #10 and then reach for Miller at #15? They could have had Fitzpatrick at 10 or Edmunds at 15. Penn is getting up there and is expensive I suppose but they need to fix that defense.

#3 Saints: They gave up a lot for Davenport. I am a fan of Davenport and he could develop into a beast but that is a lot to invest into him. Better hope he can start making a difference from the get go as the Saints are fully in a "win now" mode.

Winners:

Chargers: Getting James at #17 was steal as he can instantly boost a safety corps that had a question mark at FS entering today

Bills: Getting their future QB and a great LB is a pretty good haul

Steelers fan/fans in general: Seeing Shazier walk out there to announce the Steelers' pick had to be something special for Steelers fan.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Hard to call teams losers for liking a prospect over other ones.

Denzel Ward at #4 tho...... :wut:

• Upvote 1

I'm extremely pleased with what the Bucs did. Getting two 2nd round picks from Buffalo to move down 5 spots after Barkley, Chubb and Nelson came off the board alone is a huge win. I was expecting and hoping for Derwin, but I love that we had the guts to go with Vita Vea. Our defensive line was worst in the league last year and we got the 2nd best defensive lineman in the draft. A massive 350 pound man who ran a 5.1 and is powerful and nasty. With him and Beau Allen to put next to McCoy, it makes it harder to double team him when you have huge bodies there. Now that we have three 2nd round picks, I hope we address RB and CB with them. I seriously want Guice at 38. If not, Josh Jackson or Nick Chubb makes me happy. Hernandez if he fell there too would be nice, don't really like J.R. Sweezy and getting his bloated contract out of here and replaced with a talented youngster on a long term team friendly deal is nothing but a win. Very excited to see how things pan out now that we have these extra picks to play with.

Six loves and six hates.

(Everyone else was either good or just meh picks)

Love

:Jets::Colts::Cardinals::Bucs::Chargers::Ravens:

Hate

:Browns::Bills::Raiders::Cowboys::Seahawks::Saints:

I like what the Packers did. Would really like to trade back up again back into the third if we can. We have the ammo to do it and i don't see why wouldn't. A lot of people out there are mad that we didn't take Derwin James, and i like him, but I don't really see the need. Even after Morgan Burnett signed with PIT, I think we are fine at the position with Josh Jones and Kentrell Brice. Doesn't mean we ignore safety, but in the first... nah. Good moves by the new GM.

Very happy to see the Eagles move down. Though they didn't add to their total number of picks this year, I'd rather have a 2nd+3rd-round pick than a 1st+4th this year, AND they have Baltimore's 2019 2nd-rounder. Now let's take a RB tomorrow night. Some other thoughts:

Love what the Browns did.

I think Josh Allen is a bust but you have to love that Buffalo got their guy without trading both their 1st-rounders.

Savvy, mature move by the 49ers to take Mike McGlinchey. That's a long-term pick, not one that helps them this year.

Love the Cardinals scooping Josh Rosen.

Not sure I like what the Saints did. If you're going to trade what they traded for a position player, it better be for a guy who can make an instant impact. By the time Davenport reaches his potential, I think Brees is retired.

Chargers got a steal.

Love seeing the Packers move up and down the draft. Sorry, Ted Thompson.

Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley in Atlanta? Whoa.

Sony Michel for ORoY.

'Love em' picks: :Bucs::Jets::Bears::Broncos::Cardinals::49ers::Giants::panthers:

:Ravens: WELCOME TO BALTIMORE LAMAR. And if Hurst is drawing Thor comparisons I am equally down. Exciting draft for the Ravens. Will it pan out? Ehhhh but it was 100% the right move to start a new era or at least force Flacco to step up.

:panthers: I was sad they sniped DJ Moore from the Ravens but I love the pick for them. Moore and McCaffrey....:phew: Have fun defending them after the catch.

In need more time to wrap my head around what the Browns did.

I really wouldnt care what the Browns did, I just want them to take whoever they think is gonna be great. I don't know shit and couldn't tell you anything about how well these guys will do.

I can say though that from what little I've seen I definately think this Mayfield guy is a much better all around passer than the one past disaster everyone has been comparing him too. So there's that.

Savvy, mature move by the 49ers to take Mike McGlinchey. That's a long-term pick, not one that helps them this year.

Why doesn't Mike help them this year?

I don't actually like what the Falcons did. Ridley and Jones are both really damn good football players but to me, WR is not a position to invest that many resources and monies in. If Ridley ends up getting paid, that's a ton of money wrapped up in one position and it's just not a smart decision to tie all of that up in WR either. When's the last time you saw a team ride a WR corps to a title? Look at the top 25 WR's in terms of yards all time. Not a lot of rings in that bunch.

At the same time though, if he was the best player on their draft board I can see why they would jump on the chance to select him. I just probably would have tried to trade out of 26 idk.

I just probably would have tried to trade out of 26 idk.

Why are you assuming they didn't? Maybe they just didn't like the offers.

I really like the Titans getting Evans, and I'm not mad we moved up, not sure whether we were trying to get ahead of New England or fending off another team trying to move up, but we didn't give up much and got our guy so I can't be mad.

I think Ridley is twice the WR Moore is. I had Moore as my WR3, borderline second round talent.

I feel like deja vu here, tbh, last year I thought Cmac was early second round talent and we took him top-10, this year I think Moore is late second round talent and we take him at #24. Would have been far happier with Ridley.

I love what the Bucs did, Vea is a monster and the best D-lineman in the draft.

Love what the Pack did as well.

I like the Mayfield pick.

Ward is a strange pick because Chubb was available. I doubt they had any offers to trade down so they mustve really loved Ward.

Eagles must have really like Goedert to trade up for him. I wouldn't say TE was a big need at all either.

Bears Trading Up To Get Miller Got Me Like....

vsGZoaD.gif

• Upvote 1

Josh Jackson at 45 ? Yes please.

• Upvote 1

I'm feeling good about this draft... which is probably a bad sign.

^ Can the opposite be true? I love the Shaquem pick for obvious reasons. But when I'm seeing us taking punters instead of badly needed CBs and WRs (we lost both Sherman and Jeremy Lane) I just SMH.

I initially reacted very negatively to Rashaad Penny and honestly didn't have a clue who the dude was. But now I see that he was the healthiest of all the top RBs in the class which I really like. My friend sent me this info graphic about him too which is making me start to REALLY like the pick.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-01-at-3.27.21-PM.png

:rock:

The Packers are having an interesting day 3 I suppose. J'Mon Moore looks very similar to Davante, while Marquez Valdes-Scantling looks more explosive and could be the deep threat we need. Watching the tape on MVS, I really like him and he could develop into a good WR if he works on attacking the ball and not letting it just come to him. Cole Madison looks like our future RG and I don't know what to think of drafting that Bama punter. I thought Vogel was solid last season and we didn't really need a punter.

Either way, Gute and Pettine must feel real comfortable with Biegel or Fackrell taking the next step to completely ignore drafting an edge player thus far.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010