Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Way too early roster projections

Well, the draft is over, a few more players have signed this week, so while there will be some movement later for the most part teams have the players they're gonna have, so it seems like a good time to do this. Also, I'm excited about my Titans this year and want a look at what the roster might look like, so post your projected 53 man roster for your favorite team. I also anticipate bumping this thread at various stages of the offseason to see if things change.

Here's my Titans projection:

QB (3/3): Marcus Mariota, Blaine Gabbert, Luke Falk

RB (3/6): Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis, Akrum Wadley,

WR (6/12): Corey Davis, Rishard Matthews, Taywan Taylor, Tajae Sharpe, Michael Campanaro, Deontay Burnett

TE (4/16): Delanie Walker, Jonnu Smith, Luke Stocker, Phillip Supernaw

OL (9/25): Taylor Lewan, Josh Kline, Ben Jones, Quinton Spain, Jack Conklin, Dennis Kelley, Corey Levin, Kevin Pamphile, Xavier Su'a-Filo

DL (6/31): Jurrell Casey, Bennie Logan, Austin Johnson, DaQuan Jones, Antwaun Woods, David King

ILB (4/35): Rashaan Evans, Jayon Brown, Wesley Woodyard, Will Compton,

OLB (5/40): Derrick Morgan, Brian Orakpo, Harold Landry, Kevin Dodd, Josh Carraway

CB (6/46): Malcolm Butler, Adoree' Jackson, Logan Ryan, LeShaun Simms, Tye Smith, Kalan Reed

S (4/50): Kevin Byard, Johnathan Cyprien, Dane Cruikshank, Brynden Trawick

ST (3/53): Brett Kern, Ryan Succop, Beau Brinkley

okay, so my initial list is 56, time for a few more cuts, so last three cut: Nate Palmer (ILB), David Fluellen (RB), Aaron Wallace (OLB) although I could also see keeping one more LB and dropping a corner, but that's a damn good looking team

• Upvote 1

Denver Broncos

Offense

QB(2): Case Keenum, Paxton Lynch

HB(3): Devontae Booker, Royce Freeman, DeAngelo Henderson

FB(1): Andy Janovich

WR(6): Demaryius Thomas, Courtland Sutton, Emmanuel Sanders, DaeSean Hamilton, Jordan Taylor, Isaiah McKenzie

TE(3): Jake Butt, Jeff Heuerman, Troy Fumagalli

OT(3): Garrett Bolles, Jared Veldheer, Menelik Watson

OG(4): Ronald Leary, Conner McGovern, Sam Jones, Max Garcia

C(2): Matt Paradis, J.J. Dielman

Defense

DE(4): Derek Wolfe, Zach Kerr, Adam Gotsis, Shelby Harris

NT(2): Domata Peko, Kyle Peko

OLB(5): Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Shaq Barett, Shane Ray, DeMarcus Walker

ILB(5): Brandon Marhsall, Todd Davis, Josey Jewell, Zaire Anderson, Keishawn Bierria

CB(5): Bradley Roby, Chris Harris, Isaac Yiadom, Tramaine Brock, Brendan Langley

S(5): Darian Stewart, Justin Simmons, Su'a Cravens, William Parks, Jamal Carter

Special Teams

K(1): Brandon McManus

P(1): Marquette King

LS(1): Casey Kreiter

Unlike Oochy I was adding guys to the end of the roster. I feel like we have a very solid group on defense, but the offensive line is still going to be an issue unless guys like Bolles and McGovern step up, and Veldheer can recover a bit of his Oakland magic. I'd consider it unlikely though.

Holy shit man if Mariota can take that next step in his game the Titans could a lot better than they were last year on the offensive side of the ball. The Titans defense could be better too. I didn't realize they were making some of the moves they were. They've had the line to be dominant now and I think they have enough weapons at this point to try and cement themselves as a perennial playoff team if Mariota is the real deal.

Holy shit man if Mariota can take that next step in his game the Titans could a lot better than they were last year on the offensive side of the ball. The Titans defense could be better too. I didn't realize they were making some of the moves they were. They've had the line to be dominant now and I think they have enough weapons at this point to try and cement themselves as a perennial playoff team if Mariota is the real deal.

JRob has done some great things the last three off-seasons

You think Carlos Henderson gets the axe, Razor? 3rd round pick last year.

Well he'll need to show something impressive, or else he's going to fall behind the rest of the pack. Thomas and Sanders are locked in at 1 and 2, and Sutton should have 3 locked down if he's not going to bust it out of the park. Means he'll have to beat one of the other three, which I mean, he certainly could. McKenzie is there because he's supposed to be a good returner, but I have my doubts about him entirely. I'd like to see how training camps fare before locking in on any of the depth picks.

QB: Wentz, Foles, Sudfeld

RB: Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Adams

WR: Jeffery, Wallace, Agholor, Hollins, Wheaton

TE: Ertz, Goedert, (not on roster/idk/blocking TE)

OT: Peters, Johnson, Vaiti, Mailata

IOL: Kelce, Brooks, Wisniewski, Seumalo, Green, Pryor, Orlosky

DE: Graham, Barnett, Long, Bennett, Sweat

DT: Cox, Jernigan, Ngata, Qualls, Vaeo

LB: Hicks, Bradham, Kendricks, Warrilow, Nelson

CB: Jones, Darby, Mills, Douglas, Maddox

S: Jenkins, McCleod, Graham, Maragos

LS: Lovato

P: Johnston

K: Elliot

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

We need to see more of Davis and Taylor before getting too hyped over the offense but yeah, I love what the Titans have done on defense...that division however looks to be getting tough after being weak for a long time.

The Titans have steadily been getting better year by year and they don't have the super high risk injury concerns as their cornerstones on defense. The Colts hit their first two picks out of the park, though. Nelson and Smith are the kind of guys who can come in and not only add talent to your offensive line but give it a mean streak and change the whole mentality of the team. Still not sold on their defense but they're headed in the right direction. The Jags defense is for real but they're going to need to not get swept by Tennessee this year because they won't be hosting a playoff game again if not.

It really is nuts, I think I counted 13 players that were on the roster before Robinson got here two years ago

:Packers:

Offense (25):

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Deshone Kizer (2)

RB: Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ty Montgomery (3)

FB: Aaron Ripkowski (1)

WR: Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Geronimo Allison, Michael Clark, J'Mon Moore, Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling (7)

TE: Jimmy Graham, Lance Kendricks, Emanuel Byrd (3)

OT: David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy (4)

IOL: Lane Taylor, Corey Linsley, Justin McCray, Cole Madison, Lucas Patrick (5)

Defense (25):

DE: Mike Daniels, Muhammad Wilkerson, Montravious Adams, Dean Lowry (4)

DT: Kenny Clark, Conor Sheehy (2)

OLB: Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Vince Biegel, Reggie Gilbert, Kyle Fackrell (5)

ILB: Blake Martinez, Oren Burks, Jake Ryan (3)

CB: Kevin King, Jaire Alexander, Tramon Williams, Josh Jackson, Devon House, Quinten Rollins, Lenzy Pipkins (7)

S: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Josh Jones, Kentrell Brice, Jermaine Whitehead (4)

Special Teams (3):

K: Mason Crosby

P: JK Scott

LS: Hunter Bradley

Keeping 7 WRs and CBs is a bit strange but I really couldn't find other players that I would want to keep on the roster. That receiving corps is pretty young but has a lot of upside, all of them besides Cobb are at least 6'-2" (with Clark, Graham, MVS, and ESB at least 6'-5"), and could be lethal in jump ball situations. Going through I was surprised about how we really have no one behind Clark for NT so I chose an UDFA NT. The lack of a returner is worrisome since really no one can return kicks besides Alexander. Trevor Davis has been our main returner but dude is an idiot and has shown that he can't really contribute on offense. I would rather take all of our rookie WRs over him. I could see him getting the roster spot and us putting Valdes-Scantling on the PS.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

The Packers did a lot to address their secondary. I'm not sure they see the full results of that this year but they've reloaded and they could be very dangerous.

Well, Antwaun Woods was just waived (injured) so there's one probably wrong already