Sign in to follow this  
Vin

2018 Kickoff and Anthem Rules Changes

I'm on my phone and on vacation so no link, but Jurrell Casey said he still plans to protest and will pay the fine, he held up a fist last season which is in the ambiguity of the new rule

I'm on my phone and on vacation so no link, but Jurrell Casey said he still plans to protest and will pay the fine, he held up a fist last season which is in the ambiguity of the new rule

:shrug: NFL should stick to their guns. These particular protests hurt the league and are tasteless and ineffective.

• Downvote 1

NFL and NFLPA releases a joint statement saying they have ongoing talks about this policy and there will be a freeze on everything until they get to some kind of conclusion.

So no more weird Dolphins type stories about punishments .

It's amazing just how bad the NFL is at handling this.

• Upvote 1

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross addressed the team's National Anthem policy in a statement released Friday.

Yesterday the Dolphins caused a league-wide stir when it was revealed the team planned to discipline players for protesting the National Anthem. One potential punishment included a four-game suspension. Ross backtracked somewhat on Friday, claiming the policy was merely a "placeholder" and that the Dolphins had yet to take an official stance. "I'm pleased that the NFL and NFLPA are taking a pause to figure out a resolution on this issue," said Ross. The Dolphins owner went on to say he is "passionate about social justice" and vowed to "continue to use the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social progress." You can read Ross' full statement in the link below.

Jesus Christ, this shit again? I can't wait for this shit to be over and everyone realizes, nobody REALLY gives a shit. The people who love the protesters don't care the NFL team owners are private entities and can do what the fuck they want. The people who don't like them fail to realize that there is no point to rights when you can't use them.

Personally if they worked in the public sector I would say you HAVE to let them. Since it is private though they can do what they want.

• Upvote 1

It's amazing just how bad the NFL is at handling this.

They're brilliant at it. They made up a controversy and you're dumb enough to think it's real and waste time talking about it.

They're brilliant at it. They made up a controversy and you're dumb enough to think it's real and waste time talking about it.

It doesnt make sense that NFL deliberately drummed up this controversy considering its hurt them and the ratings. Theres no gain or is there?

I await your wisdom

It doesnt make sense that NFL deliberately drummed up this controversy considering its hurt them and the ratings. Theres no gain or is there?

I await your wisdom

Hurt who? Oh that's right,you read a story it hurt them. You have no clue the actual percentage impact . obviously nothing evident because they aren't hurting.

Youre basing all your beliefs and knowledge on reading newsprint.no actual facts you can prove.

I already explained why they do it . because they obviously control you and your every opinion and thought. People are so god damn stupid. They are arguing about needing a right to not stare at a glorified bed sheet on a pole ,during a song. Kneeling..Kneeling is what slaves and peasants do before kings and masters. It's not the nfl doing it.its the people that control everything.

The guy that won the HR derby, played on the team that hosted the event..they even telegraphed it to you because he was the only guy not wearing a cap. People are just dumb.

Damn me. I should have seen that one coming.

Damn me. I should have seen that one coming.

You can't see anything coming. Youre just another mindless spurts fan.

Lets see....you still haven't explained how reading an article makes it the truth. But you think I'm the one who doesn't know what he's saying. You can't see anything.

You havent proven me wrong ever. But I'm the one who doesn't know?

Perception is reality as they say. Your perception is just a little more skewed than mostly everyone else's

Dude, why do you even believe there WAS a homerun derby? Do you just believe what the media says? There was no homerun derby at all, it was merely a coverup for a satanic plot to drown babies who refuse to wear hats!

Perception is reality as they say. Your perception is just a little more skewed than mostly everyone else's

Perception is reality: they created this environment for you and you don't question it.

Perception : the ability to see, hear or become aware. You aren't becoming aware of anything.you are simply accepting what you are told, as truth.

You didn't percieve. You simply chose to believe. You can't percieve anything from words on a screen. You can only read and accept it, or not.

You aren't seeing anything.You are only seeing what they tell you is happening.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Jerry Jones needs to just not speak.

Basically he wants to say "these uppity n****ers need to stand up, shut up, and salute the flag" but unlike Bob McNair he has some modicum of self-awareness.

Edit: the post so nice I made it twice.

Edited by blotsfan

Yes, he totally said just that. What is hyperbole?

What happens if Dak or Zeke sits? I'd love to see a high profile Cowboy player challenge Jerry on this one, just to see the drama.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Jerry Jones needs to just not speak.

Hey, now, he's gotta take something and spin it so it's all about him, don't you know :p.

Yes, he totally said just that. What is hyperbole?

I said that's what he wants to say. Not that that's what he said. Come on man, it's not hard to keep up.