Sign in to follow this  
PhilElliot

lets try this again, ..this is extremely dangerous to our democracy

It's not often your dumb conspiracy theory shit is worth even peeping at. I'll be the first to admit that this vid scared the fuck out of me when I first saw it about a year ago, though. Congrats Phil, your first meaningful contribution to this section.

It's not often your dumb conspiracy theory shit is worth even peeping at. I'll be the first to admit that this vid scared the fuck out of me when I first saw it about a year ago, though. Congrats Phil, your first meaningful contribution to this section.

But you can't just put it up as a isolated incident/thing.

This proves a larger propaganda agenda.

News people do what they are told and they do it blindly and willingly. They aren't giving you informative info. They are giving you your daily pill of believe us and obey. This is just one aspect and connected to everything I've said.

News is not the reaction to what's happening. It's them telling you what you want to hear/ or what they've influenced you to believe you want to hear.

Ah the distinction between punditry and journalism. What do we expect when the only tv news and newspapers are just massive conglomerates owned by billionaires. Also, hot takes sell more than facts and information.

One way to combat fake news that I could possibly be behind if not for me worrying about how it's enforced is making it illegal for calling punditry journalism and forcing them to give something like a surgeon general's warning on a pack of smokes. Maybe all these companies that choose not to go with that will be hit with crippling fines and eventually a ban from TV by the FCC. Idk

Edited by seanbrock

Ah the distinction between punditry and journalism. What do we expect when the only tv news and newspapers are just massive conglomerates owned by billionaires. Also, hot takes sell more than facts and information.

One way to combat fake news that I could possibly be behind if not for me worrying about how it's enforced is making it illegal for calling punditry journalism and forcing them to give something like a surgeon general's warning on a pack of smokes. Maybe all these companies that choose not to go with that will be hit with crippling fines and eventually a ban from TV by the FCC. Idk

That doesn't work when the FCC is another govt bitch.. and if you watch news credits be fore or after, maybe the disclaimer is already there? I don't watch news anymore lol so I don't know if they use credits anymore, or anything.

The Will Farrell character is what news people are. Just dumb ass, paid actors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would make them have to do it before each story lol but you make a good point about the FCC.