Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP's Top 100 NFL Players, 2018

I think position by position these are pretty damn good. I didn't vote enough on all these to bitch about anything but all in all these are pretty damn good.

Not a fan of Jimmy G and Deshaun Watson making the list, both have played less than a season in their career and need to see more from either of them before declaring either are a top 100 guy.

A couple players that stood out to me; Casey Hayward and Keenan Allen. Both are extremely underrated around here in my eyes. Hayward has been the best CB over the past 2 seasons and should be higher. Allen has definitely had his problem with injuries but when he's healthy he can be dominant and just destroy a defense underneath, I would put him higher than 97.

You also have Xavier Rhodes listed as a safety instead of CB.

Overall a pretty good list and a job well done by Stevo and all the members that voted.

PP is the best CB in the NFL, then its Ramsey, Rhodes, and then Heyward.

Edited by Thanatos

PP is the best CB in the NFL, then its Ramsey, Rhodes, and then Heyward.

Maybe if it was 2015. Hayward has been dominant for the Chargers and his coverage stats show it.

PP is criminally underrated on here, so no, not just if its 2015. Also Ramsey didnt even enter the league until 2017.

• Upvote 1

A couple things.

Delanie Walker is the best and most complete TE in all football.

Von Miller at 1 is laughable to say the least.

Derek Carr is better than 4 of those ranked QB's.

Keenan Allen at 97? He's right there under Hopkins... who Mike Evans should be above.

PP is criminally underrated on here, so no, not just if its 2015. Also Ramsey didnt even enter the league until 2017.

Patrick Peterson has been taking out top targets of opposing teams for years. It really doesn't matter if he's not effective as he once was... he's still a difference maker and a guy that nobody wants to throw to.

• Upvote 1

Carr isnt going to make this list as he's had one good season and his most recent season was not that one.

Allen probably is so low because he's been hurt so often, this list isn't just about one year.

Pat Pete has fallen off, he's still a good corner but no longer as dominant as he once was. He's definitely not the top CB anymore.

I wouldn't say he 100% is, but he's definitely in the conversation as the top corner.

Carr isnt going to make this list as he's had one good season and his most recent season was not that one.

Allen probably is so low because he's been hurt so often, this list isn't just about one year.

I wouldn't say he 100% is, but he's definitely in the conversation as the top corner.

Tell me why Deshaun Watson, Jimmy G are on this list then? They haven't even played one full season

This list lacks consistency on all levels if this list isn't just about one year then.

I just told you why. Carr has had one good year *and it wasn't his most recent one.*

Personally I'd leave Jimmy G and Watson off, but honestly you don't get to complain given your lack of votes. :p

• Upvote 1

I'd say the top ended up okay, I might not have given the exact same order, but I'd probably have mostly those players in my top 25, the issues are later. I won't even address how big of an issue I think it is to have a kicker at #53 because that horse is long dead by now.

I am however going to come back to the issue of having Deshaun Watson and Jimmy Garoppolo in the rankings already. I think both benefited from the format by being on generally weak teams (I can only think of three Texans I'd absolutely put ahead of Watson and two of them were hurt most of last season and I can't think of any 49ers offhand that I'd put ahead of Jimmy) neither of them should be anywhere near the top 12 QBs right now.

And so that nobody can accuse me of simply being negative, here's a list of QBs I'd replace them with, in no particular order and probably not an exclusive list:

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Eli Manning

Cam Newton

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Joe Flacco

I could even make an argument for Jacoby Brissett given what he did with so little for a full season in Indy. Certainly this post may not age well, but in terms of top players right now Watson and Garoppolo are glaringly bad inclusions even at the end of the top 100.

• Upvote 1

Watson is definitely a poor inclusion, but Jimmy G is the truth, and while it may be premature to put him on the list, the future will show that we were just ahead of the curve in including him.