Sign in to follow this  
BC

2018 Sleepers

In terms of guys coming out of seemingly nowhere to being potential weekly studs, like Alvin Kamara and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster last year, Victor Cruz in 2011, you get the jist....

Outside of the obvious, who do you think has a real shot to become this years top sleepers?

Patrick Mahomes deserves a mention. He might not have Peyton Manning like skills, but he chuck that thing really far down the field and has probably the 2nd or 3rd best supporting cast in the entire league.

Aaron Jones might have gotten fewer reps than fellow rookie Jamaal Williams did last season after Ty Montgomery went down, but Aaron Jones was the quicker, better receiving threat of an option and looked to have the higher ceiling. This guy if he stays healthy, could start and lead the Packers' RBs in all purpose yards.

Corey Clement was pretty solid last year having Fred-Jackson like value even as the 3rd option on his respective team. Legarette Blount departed, Darren Sproles returned for a swan song season, but Corey Clement is one of the best 2nd string RBs in the league. Even without an injury to Jay Ajayi he should only gain value this year ESPECIALLY in PPR formats.

Who else belongs on this list?

• Upvote 1

Joe Flacco. Since you like to talk about guys that can chuck the ball far down the field and such.

If Flacco had the supporting cast Mahomes will have and the coaching Mahomes has I'd have him valued as a low end starter/solid back up fantasy wise. :shrug:

Corey Davis- He was hurt most of last year. I was impressed by him in the playoffs. I think he could have had a way bigger game if he and Mariota had any time to get on the same page.

Rico Gathers- Look I hate Dallas but this dude is a freak. He probably will be a shitty blocker but fantasy wise that doesn't matter.

I'm all rookies here, but I like the potential for a few guys.

Ronald Jones - RB - Tampa Bay

Doug Martin gone. Only real competition is going to be Jacquizz Rodgers and Charles Sims. Jones will likely give up third down reps to both of those guys due to limited receiving experience. However, he's easily the best runner of the group. He dealt with a hamstring issue during the pre-draft process, but should be fine by the time the season rolls around. I'd estimate 200-250 carries with 1000-1250 yards.

Christian Kirk - WR - Arizona

Chad Williams is currently listed as the #2 receiver in Arizona, and he hasn't shown much so far. Kirk had some legal troubles recently, but should be the second best guy in that group behind Fitzgerald. Whether it's Bradford or Rosen who runs the show this season, Kirk should be a reliable target in the air. I wouldn't bet on anything great, but he should get something around 60 receptions, 900-1000 yards, and a few TDs.

Anthony Miller - WR - Chicago

The addition of Allen Robinson should give Trubisky options, but a healthy Anthony Miller is an instant upgrade over the rest of the receiver group. He can play both inside and outside, and has some of the most experienced route-running out of any rookies. Complete package if healthy, although his production will likely be hinging on what Trubisky does. I'd guess somewhere around 65 receptions with maybe 1000-1100 yards and a few TDs.

Royce Freeman - RB - Denver

I like this one a lot due to Freeman's ability to become a workhorse back. He'll need to beat out Devontae Booker, but that shouldn't be a difficult task due to Booker's lack of production. With C.J. Anderson out of the picture there is a lot to love with Freeman's odds at winning the job. He's a power back through and through who reminds me a lot of Eddie Lacy in regards to proportions and body control. Not a sexy PPR option, but I'd guess he hits 250 carries with around 1000 yards. Will see a lot of action in short yardage situations.

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.

Supposedly he's tearing it up in camp with your Jags. Definitely somebody I could target for my 2nd TE, especially if it carries over into the preseason.

Apparently he and Bortles have become BFFs. The only thing that sucks, is there is a lot of different talent at WR that could bite into his production, but I could see him being a redzone/touchdown machine.

Corey Clement was pretty solid last year having Fred-Jackson like value even as the 3rd option on his respective team. Legarette Blount departed, Darren Sproles returned for a swan song season, but Corey Clement is one of the best 2nd string RBs in the league. Even without an injury to Jay Ajayi he should only gain value this year ESPECIALLY in PPR formats.

Who else belongs on this list?

I don't even like Wisconsin but I was pumped to see Corey Clement do well and even contribute to a SB campaign. A lot of people seemed to write him off and he seemed to respond well. Good for him.

I'm hoping that Raekwon McMillan has a nice bounce back, maybe Gareon Conley too. Would love for Conley to bounce back and have a productive career.

Kirk Cousins has always used all of his weapons well. I'm thinking Laquon Treadwell may finally see the endzone his fair share of times.

Aaron Jones might have gotten fewer reps than fellow rookie Jamaal Williams did last season after Ty Montgomery went down, but Aaron Jones was the quicker, better receiving threat of an option and looked to have the higher ceiling. This guy if he stays healthy, could start and lead the Packers' RBs in all purpose yards.

Especially now that he's suspended for the first two games of the season.

Yeah. I still think Aaron Jones still leads the Packers RBs in catches and all-purpose yards so I'm not gunna draft him any lower than I would have initially. Not sure if your remark was facetious or not, but to me, it seems logical.