Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Jameis Winston Facing 3-Game Suspension

The NFL is planning to suspend Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston the first three games of the season for violating the league's personal conduct policy, per league sources.

The planned suspension stems from an alleged incident with an Uber driver in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016.

The league still has not notified Winston of its official decision, and the circumstances surrounding it still could lead to an increase or decrease of the three games, per sources.

One source said Winston could be notified as early as Friday, but others think it will be handed down sometime in the next week, per sources. An appeal could be discussed, but they have proven to be largely fruitless in the past, most recently with Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was suspended six games last August.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23866542/tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-jameis-winston-suspended-first-three-games

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Ryan Fitzpatrick, job stealer at it again.

The Bucs should have drafted a QB this past draft. It's time to pull the plug on Jameis, dude is an idiot and isn't going to make the Bucs a contender.

Does anybody else wonder now how he was ever viewed so highly as a prospect? Looking back...high INTs, egregious Dad-bod (seriously Jameis, you're not at your best if you're not in the best shape possible), extremely ugly character issues....

How did we all get this guy so wrong?

• Upvote 1

Does anybody else wonder now how he was ever viewed so highly as a prospect? Looking back...high INTs, egregious Dad-bod (seriously Jameis, you're not at your best if you're not in the best shape possible), extremely ugly character issues....

Because his junior year was spectacular. Scouts just need to see 8-10 good games in a prospect and they become convinced they can be an NFL star.

• Upvote 1

The Bucs should have drafted a QB this past draft. It's time to pull the plug on Jameis, dude is an idiot and isn't going to make the Bucs a contender.

giphy.gif

It's been three years. In one of which, his rookie year, he had some combination of decent run game, decent o-line, and decent defense, since then, he's had none of that. Dude made Cameron freakin' Brate one of the top 10 highest paid TEs in the league and yet somehow the Bucs would be better off moving on? Wat.

Now, I will say that if these sort of Uber driver issues persist, then yeah, at some point it's gonna more headache than what is actually being produced. But until then? Nah.

• Upvote 2

Oh hell I wouldn't move on from Jameis yet. I would move on from Mariota before I'd move on from Jameis. That being said, these three years don't look very good except for certain stretches, and I'm not convinced he's got that high football IQ people raved about. Dude likes to throw to the other team too much.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on him busting if the Bucs don't make a miraculous turnaround. Jameis Winston's best chance to reach his ceiling is to be the next guy in a much better franchise.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Titans have their franchise QB they just need to give him a little time.

Anybody ready to give up on Mariota hasn't actually watched him play

Tired of these suspensions for uncommitted "crimes." It's getting out of hand.

I realize the NFL is so worried about their image, but from what we can gather is that Jameis is being suspended almost 1/5 of the season on a false allegation by an Uber driver.

Lmao, one of the better memes in a while.

I think part of the blame for Winston's stuggles is also coaching. How many good QB's weren't developed by a good coach? I can't really think of any. Even a guy like Peyton, while he didn't really have a good head coach until a little later had Tom Moore.

• Upvote 1

Jameis has proven that he is a bone head, many times. At a certain point, you can't defend him anymore and the excuses run dry. He is a great QB talent but he really doesn't have the mental make up to be a consistent, top QB. Coaches can't really fix that and we have seen them get on him in the past for the dumb shit he does....

Anybody ready to give up on Mariota hasn't actually watched him play

Its not so much about giving up on him as it is moving on to someone better lol

Its not so much about giving up on him as it is moving on to someone better lol

How is moving on from a qb taken #2 overall distinct from giving up on him?

giphy.gif

It's been three years. In one of which, his rookie year, he had some combination of decent run game, decent o-line, and decent defense, since then, he's had none of that. Dude made Cameron freakin' Brate one of the top 10 highest paid TEs in the league and yet somehow the Bucs would be better off moving on? Wat.

Now, I will say that if these sort of Uber driver issues persist, then yeah, at some point it's gonna more headache than what is actually being produced. But until then? Nah.

How many times does he need to commit sexual misconduct towards women for it to become more headache than it's worth?

Brings more scrutiny to him being accused of rape in college too. Clearly he has no sense of personal boundaries. Dude seems fucked in the head. The company he keeps doesn't indicate the clearest of heads either.

I just saw the NFL.com article on this and it adds some interesting details, for one this was a negotiated punishment, it'll be interesting to see if that's the way the league does these going forward to avoid taking them to court. It also included this bit:

The NFL "concluded that Winston violated the personal conduct policy by touching the driver in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent and that disciplinary action was necessary and appropriate." As part of of his discipline, Winston is required to obtain a clinical evaluation and fully cooperate in any recommended program of therapeutic intervention.
"A failure either to obtain the evaluation or to cooperate with treatment will result in further discipline," the league said in a statement. "In addition, a future violation of the personal conduct policy will result in more substantial discipline, including a potential ban from the NFL."

It's interesting that they go as far as to mention a potential ban, I have trouble seeing them go through with that unless there's something really egregious

If your footballs don't have enough air in them, you get suspended 4 games.

Sexually assault a woman and you get 3 games.

eMtDsEd.png

• Upvote 2

I NEVER agreed with Jameis' high ratings. Always super inconsistent and not the prototypical QB type person.

If your footballs don't have enough air in them, you get suspended 4 games.

Sexually assault a woman and you get 3 games.

eMtDsEd.png

thats done completely on purpose.

Jameis Winston is being sued by his former Uber driver to pay for damages that include "emotional distress as well as future therapy expenses."

Kate P. and her legal team also believe Winston still doesn't understand the impact of his actions, and they want "exemplary or punitive damages to punish and deter such conduct." The lawsuit offers "little new information" about the incident, so nothing should alter Winston's eligibility with the NFL, but he will have to answer to the suit nonetheless. Winston is eligible to return Week 4 but his starting job is very much in doubt with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing well to start the season.