Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Vikings give Danielle Hunter a pay raise

Vikings signed LE Danielle Hunter to a five-year, $72 million extension through 2023.

He's getting $40 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus. Hunter was entering the final year of his rookie deal, but there had been talk of an extension all offseason. At $14.4 million annually, Hunter is now the league's seventh-highest-paid 4-3 end, right behind teammate RE Everson Griffen. Hunter has 19.5 sacks over the last two seasons and doesn't turn 24 until October. There is still plenty of room for growth as Hunter gets used to playing 80% of the snaps.

:notbad:

I'm glad he's locked up but need more production out of him after last season. Hopefully that happens. Teams focused on him and Griffin went nuts. Here's to hoping he sees a lot of single man scenarios.

I think the idea is that if Richardson plays his role well, they won't be able to give exclusive attention to either Griffen or Hunter without being dominated in the middle. Here's to hoping that works out. It sounds like he was effective in Seattle, but I remember character concerns stemming back to his time in Buffalo.

If we manage to keep Barr and Diggs still, then praise be to Spielman. Still we would have to deal with Waynes (potentially), Sendejo (not too difficult to replace but would be unfortunate to lose him), Richardson (1 year contract), and probably Thielen because dude deserves some serious cash flow (unless he is for some reason willing to accept a team friendly contract that still sees him live a very comfortable lifestyle).

I think Diggs is gone unless he takes a good but more reasonable contract. I'd HATE to see him go but Barr is one of the flat out best OLBs in football. His sideline to sideline speed and are irreplaceable.