BC

Early 2018-2019 Predictions

This is going to be a Packers / Jags Super Bowl. Can't you guys feel the energy already. Gonna be a lot of fun. That Jags D is gonna give the Packers a huge run for their money. If the Packers offense can run the football even decently and if Aaron Rodgers can attack the middle of the field -- this can be done.

Predicting a back and forth slugfest

Packers 28 Jags 27

:NFC:

:Eagles::49ers::Saints::Packers::Rams::Bears:

:AFC:

:Pats::Steelers::Raiders::Titans::jags::Chargers:

WC

Bears @ Saints- :Bears:

Rams @ Packers- :Packers:

Chargers @ Raiders- :Raiders:

Jags @ Titans- :Titans:

Divisional

Bears @ Eagles- :Eagles:

Packers @ 9ers- :Packers:

Raiders @ Steelers- :Raiders:

Titans @ Patriots- :Pats:

Conference

Packers @ Eagles- :Eagles:

Raiders @ Patriots- :Pats:

Super Bowl

Eagles vs Patriots- :Eagles:

Edited by seanbrock

How original of you. lol

Bears and Raiders in the playoffs? The hell??

Man we're all being way too hard on the Vikings also. Surprised I havn't seen them in any of your conference championship games

Edited by BC

A lot of things went right for the Vikes to make the NFCCG last season. Sure they lost Bradford and Cook, but Keenum played out of his mind and that defense was completely healthy all season, til the playoffs. The NFC is absolutely stacked so they could easily fall down and be a wildcard or worse team, you never know. If somebody told you that the Cowboys, Packers, and Seahawks would all miss the playoffs last year, you would think they are crazy.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

A lot of things went right for the Vikes to make the NFCCG last season. Sure they lost Bradford and Cook, but Keenum played out of his mind and that defense was completely healthy all season, til the playoffs. The NFC is absolutely stacked so they could easily fall down and be a wildcard or worse team, you never know. If somebody told you that the Cowboys, Packers, and Seahawks would all miss the playoffs last year, you would think they are crazy.

most everyone knew seattle was missing the playoffs early on. I certainly did

Hows that saying go... Even a blind squirrel blah blah blah

Read what I said again. You would notice how I included the word all. Did you see each of those 3 teams missing the playoffs? A team that made the playoffs 8 straight years and is a certain lock when Rodgers is healthy. We all saw Seattle declining but they still have made the playoffs for 5 straight years going into last season. While the Cowboys were the #1 seed the season before and even with a Zeke suspension, most saw them making the playoffs again.

One can say they saw this team or that team missing the playoffs, but did you see 3 new division winners with the 3 previous winners missing the playoffs completely? Doubtful.

Hows that saying go... Even a blind squirrel blah blah blah

I'm not the blind squirrel in this scenario. I'm not the one who still thinks he's watching natural competition.

I'm the squirrel god who sees everything from on high , compared to you squirrel mortals who run back into your anti intellectual holes when you get confused by reality.besides my local squirrels don't even get /do nuts around here. It's pines all around..there's no acorns here.Not sure what they eat really lol...although they did eat some wild apples we had growing from.a tree already here . Asian pear apples or something like that.

• Downvote 1

I'm the squirrel god.

In this day and age, we really can be anything we want to be.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

You know the Vikings have the best roster in that division and a top 3 roster in the conference. At least. I get the "our QB is infinitely better so we'll have more magic in the big moments" feeling you're clinging to but I think it's safe to say the Vikings have the upper hand given their loaded defense. Yours is becoming nice too yes, but theirs is loaded loaded. You mentioned they weren't even at full strength.

Edited by BC

A roster can seem loaded but lose one player and it can fold. What happens if Rhodes or Smith go down? That defense wouldn't be nearly as effective, especially without Smith. We saw this towards the end of the Saints game and in the NFCCG when both of them were banged up. Looking at their defensive starters last season, they missed a total of 4 games with Sendejo missing the most at 3. That's fairly unprecedented.

One injury can completely derail a team or unit. You can look back 7 years and see this happen with the Packers. In 2010 the Packers' defense was the 2nd best defense, per ppg. They lost Nick Collins in week 2 of 2011 and the defense completely collapsed.

We shall see what happens, by no means am I saying the Vikes will suck but I don't see them repeating what they did last season. I fully expect the Pack to split with them, each winning at home, but the Packers have slightly easier opponents and Rodgers is going to be on a revenge tour.

Kirk Cousins is gonna put that defense to the test. He will have some big games for sure but just about every season he has like 3-6 games of being close to the worst QB on football. Just so streaky.

Kirk Cousins is gonna put that defense to the test. He will have some big games for sure but just about every season he has like 3-6 games of being close to the worst QB on football. Just so streaky.

Vikings obviously have a long history of making playoffs with bad QBS after Tarkenton.

At least no one of long term successful note like Tarkenton, till Favre

The 9ers, Bears and Raiders are decent teams that will get to play favorable schedules. I tried to mix it up because there is always turnover and there are always upsets.

I really like the Bears though man. They added some weapons, got some good value. They're strong up front, nice running game. I think Trubiski will thrive with a creative play caller that can help him and I think defensively they've got some talent and would greatly appreciate a competent offense.

Not sold on the Bears yet, their defense is good besides the lack of a good passrusher but I need to see that offense before I buy into any of the hype. Trubisky needs to show improvement and need to see if Robinson bounces back from an ACL tear fine or not. People are hyping up the weapons they signed but what is there really? Robinson coming off an ACL tear, a career backup TE that is a downgrade from what they had at the start of last season, and a speedy slot guy. Are the WRs improvements? Sure, but need to see that offense actually play.

I wouldn't call Trey Burton a career backup as a third year player who had Zack Ertz in front of him. He is obviously unproven, though. Great under the radar signing, though.

We have to actually see Trubisky take his game a step up before the Bears do anything.

We have to actually see Trubisky take his game a step up before the Bears do anything.

Yeah I agree, like I said, I predicted this mainly because of the turnover in the playoffs year in and year out but there's a lot of teams the past few years that have gone from bottom 5 one year to playoffs the next.

Yeah I agree, like I said, I predicted this mainly because of the turnover in the playoffs year in and year out but there's a lot of teams the past few years that have gone from bottom 5 one year to playoffs the next.

And you still keep buying that unrealistic progression? Wake up already.

Add 2 more years to that, he spent 4 years in Philly.

I guess I thought he was a rookie when Carson was. I guess not.

Not sold on the Bears yet, their defense is good besides the lack of a good passrusher but I need to see that offense before I buy into any of the hype. Trubisky needs to show improvement and need to see if Robinson bounces back from an ACL tear fine or not. People are hyping up the weapons they signed but what is there really? Robinson coming off an ACL tear, a career backup TE that is a downgrade from what they had at the start of last season, and a speedy slot guy. Are the WRs improvements? Sure, but need to see that offense actually play.

agreed, the bears still suck :yep: