Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

NFL All Under 25 Team (2018-19 Season)

A few things before I start off this list, I made it so that any player who is 25 or under before the season starts is eligible for this list. So if you see some 24 year old players who are not even mentioned, that is probably why. I made it so each position has a set of starters with immediate backups. The only exception being offensive line since I really needed to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find backup centre and guard options, so I just went with a starting 5 linemen and a few potential maybes. The options list is sorted in roughly my preferential order, but it's not hard and fast like the starters are.

OFFENSE:

QBs

1. Jared Goff :Rams:

2. Marcus Mariota :Titans:

Options:

DeShaun Watson

Jameis Winston

Mitch Trubisky

Patrick Mahomes

Quarterback is an interesting competition. Both Mariota and Winston have done impressive things in this league, but have large looming question marks about their future levels of play. DeShaun had an explosive rookie season, but like a bomb, he was left in a million pieces once he was done. As such, I think Jared ends up being the best option, recovering from an awful rookie campaign with a smart and measured offensive attack. He may have relied on Todd Gurley to carry the load, but he wasn't using him alone, hitting guys like Kupp and Watkins with pinpoint precision. He's projecting to be one of the elite QB's in this league, and should be fun to watch for years to come if his development with McVay continues. (McVay could almost make the under 25 list as a coach.)

RBs

1. Todd Gurley :Rams:

2. Ezekiel Elliott :Cowboys:

2b. Christian McCaffrey :panthers:

Options:

Kareem Hunt

Leonard Fournette

Jordan Howard

Alvin Kamara

Derrick Henry

Duke Johnson

Aaron Jones

Dalvin Cook

Tarik Cohen

Marlon Mack

What can I say, running back is outright stacked for young guys, as it tends to be. However last years rookie class was sensational, which is why you could go ten deep and still feel pretty good about your run game. I think Gurley is the best of the bunch, but if you need a second guy, falling back on either Elliott or McCaffrey is not a bad idea.

WRs

Starter 1: Stefon Diggs :Vikings:

Starter 2: Amari Cooper :Raiders:

Starter 3: Tyreek Hill :Chiefs:

Depth: JuJu Smith-Schuster :Steelers:

Depth: Brandin Cooks :Pats:

Depth: Sterling Shepard :Giants:

With last year's rookie class being mostly a bust and a lot of talented receivers turning 25 before the season starts (Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, Cooper Kupp, etc) the actual list of good receivers is smaller than I would have expected. If you were making a team, I'd try to fit all 6 of these guys onto the roster, and other than Diggs being the best of the bunch, the competition is pretty tight for the other starting spots. I gave it Cooper and Hill based on their complementary strengths, and they would certainly be deadly weapons for Jared Goff. I don't really have options, unless you want to bang the table for Keelan Cole or Taywan Taylor...

TEs

1. Evan Engram :Giants:

2. Jesse James :Steelers:

Options:

Hunter Henry

Austin Hooper

George Kittle

David Njoku

This entire group of tight ends has a lot of potential, and I'm defintiely looking forward to seeing what these guys can do in the future. Engram is my number one pick right now, because as a rookie he was basically the definition of your average starting wide receiver... as a tight end. It may not sound impressive when put like that, but it makes him better than half of the starters in the league, and way up there in terms of TE production. James is my second choice as a healthy do it all option for the Steelers offense. He's the unsung hero of the group, but would be the sung hero if the refs didn't steal a win for the Patriots last year. Hunter Henry had an unfortunate injury, but Kittle, Hooper and Njoku should all see their numbers rise this season as well.

Offensive Line:

Tackles:

Left Tackle: Ronnie Stanley :Ravens:

Left Guard: Dan Feeney :Chargers:

Centre: Pat Elflein :Vikings:

Right Guard: Ethan Pocic :Seahawks:

Right Tackle: Jack Conklin :Titans:

Options:

Ryan Ramcyzk

Cam Robinson

D.J. Humphries

Taylor Decker

Jason Spriggs

Laremy Tunsil

Caleb Benenoch

I really like the way the starting group shapes up at tackle. Both Stanley and Conklin play their respective tackle positions at a high level, and the depth for tackles is pretty solid as well. The interior line... well it doesn't have any real standouts. All three guys who made the starting roster are heading into their second seasons after decent but unspectacular rookie campaigns. The offensive line is one of those positions where it takes time to develop, and the guys inside were highly sought after prospects, so there's still time for improvement. The interior depth is fairly weak though, unless the rookie class this year just shows up and stomps face.

DEFENSE:

I felt a 3-4 configuration was stronger on defense, letting the two best defenders on the front 7 play in their natural positions was probably worth it.

Defensive End (3-4):

Starter: Joey Bosa :Chargers:

Starter: Leonard Williams :Jets:

Depth 1: Chris Jones :Chiefs:

Depth 2: Sheldon Rankins :Saints:

Options:

DeForest Buckner

Solomon Thomas

Maliek Collins

Defensive Tackles:

Starter: D.J. Reader :Texans:

Depth: Eddie Goldman :Bears:

Options:

Dalvin Tomlinson

A'Shawn Robinson

Having Reader as the nose tackle prompted the decision to make the front a 3-4. As one of the few legitimate Nose Tackles in the league right now, it certainly helps ease the pressure on the rest of the team when Reader can handle a lot of the dirty work. The depth is a bit unproven, but all of these guys can hold their own weight if need be. As for the defensive ends, Leonard Williams and Joey Bosa are already two of the best in the game, and an argument could be made that they are the best 3-4 ends in the game, now that Campbell moved to a 4-3, and Watt has spent the last two seasons fighting injury.

Outside Linebackers (3-4)

Starter: T.J Watt :Steelers:

Starter: Yannick Ngakoue :jags:

Depth: Danielle Hunter :Vikings:

Depth: Myles Garrett :Browns:

Options:

Mario Edwards

Derek Barnett

Takkarist McKinley

De'Vondre Campbell

Tyus Bowser

As a group, they may not have a dominant edge rusher (yet), but as rushers 1 through 4 there isn't much difference between them, every single one of these guys can make the plays you need them to make. I put Watt and Yannick as the starters based on production, and general comfort in the role, considering both Hunter and Garrett were 4-3 ends specifically.

Inside Linebackers (3-4)

Starter: Deion Jones :Falcons:

Starter: Myles Jack :jags:

Depth: Kwon Alexander :Bucs:

Depth: Zach Cunningham :Texans:

Options:

Jarrad Davis

Denzel Perryman

Shaq Thompson

Kendell Beckwith

Reuben Foster

Speed, Speed, Speed. This group hits hard, hits fast, and comes without any mercy. Again, there is a strong rotation of guys here to keep the hits coming and they don't stop coming. If you want to play smashmouth, you better have an all star, or you're gonna look kinda dumb. I love the various players who weren't good enough as well, the under 25 group has a lot of linebacking talent.

Cornerbacks:

Starter: Jalen Ramsey :jags:

Starter: Marshon Lattimore :Saints:

Nickel: Tre'Davious White :Bills:

Depth: Quincy Wilson :Colts:

Depth: Ronald Darby :Eagles:

Options:

Adoree' Jackson

Vernon Hargreaves

Ahkello Witherspoon

Artie Burns

Marlon Humphrey

Jalen Tabor

Holy crap this corner group is loaded. And the fact that these guys are so young means you'd probably see these smae guys on the list next year. Jalen Ramsey is one of the best corners in the game already, and Lattimore had one hell of a rookie season, same with Tredavious. Darby and Wilson just gives this group some incredible depth, and if you don't like those flavours, the list of options is pretty stacked as well. You could even consider going 6 deep, just to have Adoree as an option on kick returns.

Safeties:

Strong Safety: Landon Collins :Giants:

Free Safety: Keanu Neal :Falcons:

Depth: Jamal Adams :Jets:

Depth: Malik Hooker :Colts:

Options:

Marcus Maye

Vonn Bell

Karl Joseph

Javier Peppers

You combine the corners we got with these safeties, and I have to wonder how any QB operates an offense against this covering fire. Collins is a bully anywhere on the field, Keanu has great speed and can again cover the entire field. The depth is pretty strong too with some good second year players. I just don't know how you beat this secondary.

Kicker:

Will Lutz :Saints:

Options:

Jake Elliott

Harrison Butker

Punter:

Rigoberto Sanchez :Colts:

Options:

Bradley Pinion

Matt Haack

Kickers man... who really cares about these guys? Rich Eisen does! Kickers are people too! They deserve to be on these lists!

So that's my list, tell me what you think, who would you put on instead, and would you attempt to run a base 4-3 defense instead of what I put up?

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 2

Not even a mention of Kevin Byard?

"You're looking at who writers tell u who's the best I know who players and former players feel is the best. I rest my case. You continue to be a fan and i will continue being the man. #Truth"

In all seriousness though, Kevin Byard would be a wonderful honorable mention, if he wasn't turning 25 in August, just before the season starts.

Fair enough, that's what I get for posting without looking into it

Sleeping on Kenny Clark? Kid is a beast and put borderline elite stats last season and he;s only 22. Him and Daniels are a force to reckon with.

Razor too scared to include rookies

Which rookie would I even include? Billy Price? Christian Kirk? Certainly not Saquon, he's gonna bust out.

Josh Jackson the Goat

Which rookie would I even include? Billy Price? Christian Kirk? Certainly not Saquon, he's gonna bust out.

Bust out all over the Broncos defense