Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Who Wins The NFCE?

I think all four of the NFCE teams could be better than they were last year

:Eagles: Offensively this team is a juggernaut. That's how they won the super bowl with a back up QB. They have versatility at every skill position and arguably the best line in in the league. Defensively, the Eagles upgraded at DE by adding Bennett and Barnett having a season under his belt but they could have lost some depth at DT with Jernigan's back injury. LB depth and slot CB are are also issues but for the most part the Eagles are returning most of a defense that was very good last year.

:Giants: I was going to put Dallas as the second best team but the Giants have talent and it's not a bunch of guys that are always getting arrested and/or hurt. I think defensively the Giants are going bounce back big time. They quit on McAdoo last year but they still have talent despite letting go of JPP and DRC. Offensively the Giants needed to upgrade their offensive line and they did just that both in the draft and via free agency. Having OBJ is going to help Barkley because he won't be seeing stacked boxes. My only question with this team is at QB.

:Cowboys: If Dallas's young secondary pieces are ready to take the next step this defense could be nasty. When healthy this is as athletic a defense as there is in the NFL. They also could be a year off. Offensively Dallas will run the football and not many teams will be able to stop it. Dallas hasn't been able to improve their play making situation much outside of them getting that basketball player turned TE back from IR. If Dak can continue to take care of the football they will be one of the best offenses in the league too.

:Redskins: I really like the way this team is built up front on both sides of the ball. If they didn't have some insane bad luck in the middle of the year with injuries, who knows where this team could have been. Their RB's are dynamic and with that line they could give Philly and Dallas a run for their money for the best run game in the division. Not sure what they'll do in the passing game. If Gruden can get the same prouction from Smith as he got with Cousins I will be impressed. Defensively they're stout up front but vulnerable in the secondary. Their defense isn't bad by any means but I think it's the worst in the division to this point.

NFC East is going to be full of mediocrity / solid teams -- and I don't mean that in a bad or insulting way. The last few years have kind of been a reshuffling / rebalance. You've had the Giants come off a couple kinda gross seasons, the Cowboys had a really disappointing 2018. Redskins have never really been able to break through.

So, I think all these teams except the Eagles as champs, have a lot of upside and potential for growth. I don't think we're going to see that potential fully blossom this year but it will continue to get better for another couple years at least.

NFC E definitely a division on the way back up.

I don't think Philly can lose this division without a rash of injuries. Dallas should be team 2 but who's going to catch the ball on the outside? New York has a chance to be something but I think their ship has sailed with Eli at QB. They very much made a mistake by signing on for one more year with him. It's over. As for Washington, I think it's laughable that people think Alex Smith is an upgrade at QB. Have fun with the way he protects the ball way too hard. Kirk Cousins taking chances kept them in games all the time.